I get up very early every morning, way before breakfast time, and what I wouldn't give for a British biccy with my cup of coffee. Just a plain old biscuit, no frills, no chocolate chips, not overly sweet, just a plain biscuit. Malted Milk, Digestive, Nice, etc. Something just to tide me over for a few hours. No such thing here, the biscuit  (not cookie. Disappointed to see them called such over there now) aisle is huge here, but nothing worth buying. What's your favourite? Do you dunk?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm giving a like to everyone who posted. Me , I don't like the biscuits here in Italy they all seem to have a slight variation on the same taste. I make my own , prepare the dough, roll it into balls

The ultimate dunking biscuit is a ginger nut. Anyone who says differently is a heretic

Coconut rings and nice biscuits both of which are dunkable (if that is a word). Also digestive biscuits (McVities of course) with dairylea spread on them and shortbread - non dunkable. Better stop there and give someone else a chance!

I like fig rolls, Garibaldis, Jaffa cakes,  chocolate chip, Hobnobs and proper shortbread, in fact anything apart fron Nice.  I have NEVER dunked a biscuit in my whole life!  

Butter Crunch, Malted Milk and half covered chocolate digestives. 

• Like 1

My all time favourites were the caramel coated shortbread biscuits sold loose in Woolworth's when I was a child. Bourbon biscuits, chocolate digestives and custard creams are also nice but I purposely don't keep biscuits in the house because I'd scoff them!

Started making my own biscuits when I retired. Have tried versions of all my favourites, mostly anything with chocolate in or on them. Family and friends all come round more often now!

• Like 1

Biscuits are very popular in France and there are lots of types available. I don't eat many biscuits (never have done) but the ones here seem quite similar to English ones but possibly sweeter. A type I've not seen are Nice biscuits which, considering the proximity of that city to me is rather strange.

Never dunked a biscuit Margie? Shame on you. You've  not lived.

KatyJ, is not possible to get some biccies posted out to you?

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

ve NEVER dunked a biscuit in my whole life

WHAAAT!   Heresy...………………  Burn her...………………….:angry2:

Shortbread undunkable? au contraire young SG au contraire..

Shortbreads ! Dunkilicious in the extreme !

• Like 1

But WHY do you dunk biscuits?    Any crispy or crunchy ones should stay that way as I bite them and they should then get softer as I chew them...   Soggy biscuits - yuk - no thank you!

A quick dunk, and straight in !  I never give them chance to get soggy !

I had a disgusting, but fun, habit as a child of placing a digestive biscuit flat in the rim of my coffee cup and drinking my coffee through the gap left by the biscuit. Eventually, of course, the coffee soaked into the biscuit and it collapsed in a soggy mess at the bottom of the cup. I then ate it with a spoon. This exercise usually merited a telling off from my mother! 

• Like 1

Must be something to do with your posh upbringing Margie is all I can think of.... ;)            Bet you crook your little finger an all don't yer..

You're lucky it didn't all end up in your lap Jill.

There's currently a product called Toffee Waffles which you place over your cup, and the heat melts it, and then you eat it.

I've seen them in Tesco's and Lidls. Yumminess ecstasy.

• Like 1
Just now, Jill Sparrow said:

Not if she knows what it originally indicated....that one was a courtesan!

Eeee the things tha learns onere

9 minutes ago, Brew said:

Must be something to do with your posh upbringing Margie is all I can think of.... ;)            Bet you crook your little finger an all don't yer..

NO I don't - I only drink from a mug and I either hold it properly by the handle ( no crooked finger) or hold my whole hand round it.   Common as muck, me!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

KatyJ, is not possible to get some biccies posted out to you?

BK. most likely have a parcel of crumbs if they were mailed out to me! I reckon any label marked Fragile, is an invitation to play footy with it! A bit like standing at the carousel in the airport and seeing folks cases, boxes etc with Fragile on and knowing darn well they tossed it on there.