Jacobs creams crackers are a high baked water biscuit just like Carrs table water. Now, fordry biscuits you want to try Matsos roof tiles. Admitted, you can't  dunk em but absolutely brilliant with Brie or even Potted meat.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm giving a like to everyone who posted. Me , I don't like the biscuits here in Italy they all seem to have a slight variation on the same taste. I make my own , prepare the dough, roll it into balls

The ultimate dunking biscuit is a ginger nut. Anyone who says differently is a heretic

Boudoir biscuits are called 'langue des chats' in french - meaning cat's tongues which is very appropriate considering the shape and texture of them.

On the subject of dry biscuits, what about Bath Olivers? They were like a double or triple thickness water biscuit with the texture of a ceramic tile. I seem to recall there was a choclate coated version introduced as well.

Love all Biscuits,,,and they must be ''Dipped''  '''Dunked''''........Dad always said,,, when i was little''.......''''Off to work now''''  ''''So you can have Biscuits to dip in your Tea'''  Been 'Dipping ''ever since.

Had more than usual this week,with the wife being away,and,,drinking lots of Coffee since packing up smoking,,,hence the Biscuits come out every time.

Have had a different diet as well this week,,,wife left me with all my requirements,,,lots of Potatoes,,Brown Bread,,tins of Marrowfat Peas,,tins of Stewed Steak,, loads of Biscuits,,,all supplemented with some Wetherspoons breakfasts,,,,Kirkby and Bulwell branches,,,

• Like 3

Hey up Ben, sounds like your missus were laying in for a siege.  Dont overdo the coffee, too much caffeine. Mind you, the dunking sounds good. Gotta admit, I've  never had a Weatherspoons breakfast. Nearest one is in Brighton marina, and you have to curtsey there when you've  parked your car. A bacon sandwich doesn't  warrant a 34 mile round trip.

All these pleasures that are bad for you hey ,,,,Smoking (could still murder one ) Drinking,,very seldom,, Chasing women,,(cut down drastically) Coffee i'm gonna live dangerously bugger it,,,lol.

Wetherspoons do several types of Breakfast sampled most,,all very good,,,love to go in the one in Brighton,,,worked down there and loved it,,,

Park your car in Brighton ! Chuff that ! Last time I was there about 15 years ago, I was giving some good old Anglo Saxon verbals to a black guy who wanted to push in and nick a place I was heading for, and he pulled a gun on me !  His missus calmed him down thankfully. 

• Like 1

Nice one Fly.......did'nt get a Gun pulled on me ,but i was last down there about same as you 15 years ago,,,,,,,and a Shoplifter called me a Faggot.......i think it was a complement in them parts.........a few nights later he bought me a drink in a Pub opposite the Pier.......bless him........

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

.A bacon sandwich doesn't  warrant a 34 mile round trip.

We did a round trip a week ago, of 134 miles, for a Cornish Pasty! Made by a girl from Cornwall, her shop was celebrating 1 year in business, which coincided with our 51st anniversary, so was treated to lunch by our daughter. Ir was worth the drive!

• Like 1

Hi KJ, once took my lad from Nottingham  to Skegness, because he were disappointed we weren't  going to Blackpool, (I  should have been driving an ambulance for the Spastics Society, but they cancelled). Parked up in Skeggy, bought some fish & chips sat on the front to eat em then came back home.

Fly, all you'd  be threatened with nowadays would be a rainbow coloured feather boa or powder puff. Always been led to believe, from a reliable source that Nottingham was the gun capitol and Brighton drugs supermarket.

• Upvote 1

I'll never revisit the place, as I'd be reluctant to inhale the atmosphere, or go to the WC in case I caught something !

Never go down there meself Fly. Too full of tourists and I cannot abide these ' pride' parades etc. The only time we ever go down there is if we have visitors who wish to see the area and surrounds. Once went down on the bus with 'er indoors and caught the next bus back. Churchill square, never seen so many buses in one place and none going anywhere !

If ever I'm staying down that way, I visit Rye Winchelsea, or Hythe. A much better class of residents 

No, I've never been bothered, as I prefer the real thing !

I have read recently on a forum that people cannot find  boxes of broken biscuits anymore, not sure  if it was Nottstalgia.  How many remember having a box when they were kids and searching through to find any chocolate ones. My son took me to The Range at Sutton today and there were four stacks of these , plenty for everyone.

biscuits.jpg

Wish I could get some, my grandmother always gave me these for breakfast when I spent the school holidays with her, I thought they were sheer luxury.

Another delightful biscuit that's  been overlooked, is a Lotus Biscoff. You know, the ones you get with your coffee at some coffee shops.

Now they are always broken. I save them up, and give them to my daughters dog !

Delta airlines have Biscoff as one of their choice of snacks. You can get huge boxes of them at the cash and carry, you've given me an idea! For now though, ginger nuts will have to suffice.

• Upvote 1

Check out the Sondey brand of biscuits at Lidls. Some right scrummy ones. Trouble is, they're the ones that are most fattening ! Grrrr !

Aldi are finally coming to Arizona, and one will be about 10 minutes away. Not holding my breath for the opening day, everything seems to take so long from planning permission to opening, but I shall be interested to see their selection of off-brand biscuits etc.

• Upvote 1