Salem Chapel, Barker Gate

I don't know if anyone can help me.

Salem Chapel stood on the site of what is now Gothic House until about 1880, it was on the City side of the Graveyard, St Mary's Institute was built on the other side of it although this was also built on the site of a chapel. I'm wondering if there are any photos or drawings of it or maps from the middle of the 1830s to the beginning of the 1880s. It's a long shot but I'm amazed at the information that some of you have.

I know the person who owns Gothic House, he went to Gedling School, DavidW may remember him. 

Plenty of graveyards around there in those days. Wonder if any graves were disturbed when the Ice Stadium, bowling Alley and Arena were built? 

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

I know the person who owns Gothic House, he went to Gedling School, DavidW may remember him. 

Haven't a clue Lizzie , in fact this thread is the first I have heard of Gothic House. Intrigued who it may be .

10 hours ago, Rob.L said:

Most, if not all, bodies were exhumed from the various burial grounds and the occupants reinterred at Wilford.

http://southwellchurches.nottingham.ac.uk/nottingham-st-mary/xburialgrds.php

Thanks for the link Rob.L.

Wondering if any of the bodies were reinterred when the original Ice Stadium Car Park was created?

Your link states 1500 were reinterred presumably when the new Stadium was built..I'm sure iv'e read over 5000 in total.

My own recollections...

.recall when walking from Canal Street to Sun Valley or Carlsboro using what i considered to be using a short cut.

Can't remember the route from Canal St!

But approached from the back of the old ice stadium short cut was covered in brambles..bought you out on the right hand side of the ice stadium car park..looking towards Southwell Rd.

About two-thirds through..on the right of this narrow cut though I recall a gate with some gravestones i think lined against a wall at a much lower level.