Surprises in family history

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure it's not Mr Pastry?

In an age when people were not constantly being asked for their date of birth, proof of identity, etc, they often became forgetful of how old they really were. My grandfather thought he was 2 years ol

Don't  think I'd  know where to start, searching my ancestry. I realise there are search sites but don't  they cost money? You see the on tv, the advert for Ancestry.com, just enter a name. It ai

Quite possibly the same family. I have a photo somewhere of Mary Kate and Robert sitting outside a cottage with their large extended family. Mary Kate has grown very fat and looks nothing like the slim girl in the silk dress. At least she had a better innings than her mother!

Wonder if it's the same cottage?

12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Not sure when the Wards moved to garden Street, CT. Mid to late 20s, possibly. They were certainly there in 1939 and remained until the property was demolished in 1965

That means I possibly could have seen them, because I was visiting Garden Street in the early 60s when I was young. My aunts left when their place was demolished, obviously around the same time.

You might also have seen me. I'd have been in my pram of course! As soon as I was able to speak, I'd have been sitting on the front doorstep as punishment for asking too many questions about the family! Emily didn't like that sort of thing.

• 3 months later...