Does anyone remembr the Naked Rambler doing the Land's End to John O'Groats walk with his girlfriend in 2005/6?  They stayed at our house overnight on the last night of their walk. Here they are dressed for breakfast. After finishing breakfast they undressed and began their final leg of the journey. It was a very cold February morning in 2006 (Note the frost on the grass):

YlhXxXyKd6vLYBFiHXNJoi0sspF-YksUy3KezcYC

VIOzhTcOotYpACuhU9mhzxxysLjp1eRMbo3vLVEH

• Like 2

Didn't  he get arrested a couple of times Compo? Gotta admire you, living life in the fast lane. What with scenery and celebrities etc. Did you put up q blue plaque after he left, to honour his visit? There's  no arseing around, you were quick there with your camera!  Delightful pictures yet again. Well done.

• Like 2

But WHY?  I personally don't object to their walking around with no clothes on, but I wondered what they were trying to prove!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't  fancy it eh Margie? Nice walk back from Nottingham  to Ely would be just the job. Provided you've  got somewhere to keep your Satnav.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They were arrested on their way home once again. She put her clothes on and was released but he insisted on staying naked. He was locked up in Edinburgh jail for almost five years until they finally gave up and let him go. They tried to release him several times but each time he undressed as soon as he left prison and was immediately arrested again. They had borrowed my ordnance survey map of the area for their final leg of the journey and promised to let me have it back the following day. I thought they had forgotten but five years later the map arrived by post with an apology for the unavoidable delay due to imprisonment! Which was nice.

thumbsup

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I wondered what they were trying to prove!

He seemed to be compusive, obsessive. He said that originally it was just a walk for a bit of fun but when he was arrested he was badly treated by the police. AS an ex-marine, he was already soewhat traumatised by his army career and bering pushed around made him determined to complete a full traverse of the UK mainland from bottom to top (Excuse the pun). After surviving several arrests and imprisonment, mainly in Scotland, he completed his solo walk. The next step was to take his girlfriend along and have one man/one woman doing it together. When arrested it was only him that was taken into custody because the complaints leading to the arrest were of a man committing indecent exposure  - not the woman. He seemd to have become absolutely determined that upon his next arrest, he would not walk out of the prison with clothes on and so imprisoning him simply made the situation worse.  It took five years for the Scottish justice system to realise this. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

They aren't naked. They're wearing boots and socks! Ralph Lauren socks?

They were wearing boots and socks but nothing else. I could have taken a full frontal photo for proof but it seemed a bit seedy to me.  when they arrived I offererd them a hot drink and they were very pleased to be made welcome. They were so cold that I offered a hot shower and a bed for the night, which they readily acccepted. Several others had given them accommodation during their walk, too.

• Upvote 1

More power to 'em. There is no law against being naked in public.  At least in England.  It all seems to depend on whether they can 'get' you for 'Indecent Exposure', 'Disturbing the Peace' etc.

Seen one, you've seen em all. 

Thank goodness it was only bums !

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Viewed your pics on Facebook Compo.  Look like a nice couple with nice tight bums! 

I shall have to think seriously about a FB account...

• Like 1