Juliette Kaplan RIP

Juliette Kaplan who gave us all many laughs as Pearl Sibshaw wife of Howard who was always trying to get off with Marina in that wonderful whimsical comedy Last of the Summer Wine has died after a battle with cancer aged 80

Thank you for all the laughs and the enjoyment that your great character acting brought to our TV screens

• Like 5

Only Glenda and Marina left now among the ladies............so sad......love that programme...............

• Upvote 2

So sad. She was brilliant as Pearl, trying to keep track of Howard's antics. Always one step ahead ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought Howard had passed on? RIP Pearl, the lady who had a sneer that could curdle cream. She put the wind up Howard, me too and I  were only watching it.

• Upvote 1

No,, Howard still with us...........saw him a bit back down Coronation street,,,he was the Lollipop man.......Saw Marina down Coronation street as well,,,dint ask what she was doing there,,,,just said ''Ey--up'''

Remember seeing Marina in an episode of Pointless a few months ago. Facially, she looks exactly the same.

An amazingly funny lady. She used to live in Thorne, north Notts at one time.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Oh Marina,,will miss you forever lass,,,...............what a brilliant character Jean made out of Marina,,,........very sad,,

She will be sadly missed she opened a care home on the east coast had everyone in hysterics wonderful lady they will be showing summer wine in fifty years time she left everyone laughing you cant get better than that meeowed