Clocks back tonight

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I've heard of luxury cars, but I've never seen one with a shower.     I'll get me coat. !

I must be rich because I have four watches, but only two bought by us and the second was because about a year ago I thought I had lost my watch the one that I wear daily. We got back from a cycle ride

I've been at work today, popped home for lunch and then put the clock back one hour, seemed like a good idea.

Posted Images

Thanks for the heads up, now the difference between there and here will be 7hrs. We don't ever change our clocks so we'll stay at 7hrs till spring.

• Upvote 3

I think what Steve means is leave the clocks on UTC or what was known as GMT years back... Not perpetual summer time.

I can't see, nor ever has seen why we had to advance the clocks for "summer time", from what I recollect, the experiment was to stay on GMT way back when, why did we revert to changing the clocks again??

There are a few states over here that have elected to stay on UTC year around, Arizona is one such state, I forget the others, but we don't "fall back" until November, which seems to mock all the old arguments.

I often, set out for work in the dark, worked all shift in the dark and then went home in the dark, more often than not, the only time I saw daylight was when I was on afternoon shift during the autumn and winter months.

Just checked, 68 to 71 it was left on BST, my memory must be fading fast, I thought it was left on UTC/GMT. Either way I'd sooner stay on UTC and leave the clocks alone, takes me weeks at adjust.

• Upvote 1

I often, set out for work in the dark, worked all shift in the dark and then went home in the dark, more often than not, the only time I saw daylight was when I was on afternoon shift during the autumn and winter months.

"IF" you were a coal miner it was always dark at any time of the year. hellothere

I'm out of bed at 5-00am every morning, it's just become a habit I cannot break, most mornings I'm awake well before the alarm goes off.

It was dark in all the mines I worked down...LOL I wasn't a coal miner, I was a mining electrician, I had enough to do without excavating minerals.

Was many a time I dropped out of bed at 2-30am to go into work for a 12 hour or sixteen hour shift at Boulby...Jeeze it's cold on the north east coast in the middle of winter..

Wasn't it something to stop the farmers moaning too ?

Since when did anyone working on the land need to look at a clock?....Only the rich buggers sitting in an estate office and not on a tractor.

Real farmers work when it's light enough to start and finish the job... not by what a gadget on the wall says.

• Upvote 4

I hate the fact that days get shorter in winter. I'm just not built for it. When I did years on end of 12 hour shifts, winter was purgatory. I barely saw daylight.

Then they go and make it darker sooner in the evenings! (I'm not bothered about mornings now, I only get up early in the summer)

My goal now is to survive till 21st Dec. From there, or thereabouts, it starts to get lighter everyday. You don't really notice, but I don't care.

In my head.. it's getting better...

Oh.... while we're at it, they can go and shove Halloween up their BST.

And all mention of Christmas should be banned until at least mid December...

Miserable? Moi?

In Oz some states changed to daylight saving three weeks ago and others did not.

We now have the ridiculous situation of five time zones eat to west instead of the usual three.

Queensland does not have daylight saving and is now one hour behind New South Wales even though they are nominally on the same longitude. NSW people often get flight times from Coolangatta airport which is just over the Queensland border wrong at this time of year.

Here in Adelaide we are half an hour ahead of Queensland which is east of us? Half an hour behind NSW, Victoria and Tasmania which are also east of us. One hour ahead of the Northern Territory which is due north of us and 2 and a half hours ahead of Perth.

I pity those in the UK who have relatives in OZ trying to work out what time to call or Skype them at this time of year or the people that live in the border areas of states in Oz that do not change to daylight saving.

Could someone tell my body clock that the clocks have gone back an hour please. I'm wide awake and ready for my breakfast!!!!

I'm glad of the extra hour, as I've just had three hectic days in London and desperately need to return to the real world.