Clocks back tonight

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I've heard of luxury cars, but I've never seen one with a shower.     I'll get me coat. !

I must be rich because I have four watches, but only two bought by us and the second was because about a year ago I thought I had lost my watch the one that I wear daily. We got back from a cycle ride

I've been at work today, popped home for lunch and then put the clock back one hour, seemed like a good idea.

Posted Images

Why on earth do it at all. It's a complete waste of time. There's only 24 hours in a day FFS. Leave things alone !!!!!

• Upvote 2

I used to get paid an hours overtime if my shift fell on the added hour, and a full eight hours on the 7 hour shift.

We don't get such short days as the UK does in mid winter, my latitude is around the same as the north Africa coast line.

Sunrise today is at 7-21am and sunset is 6-16pm.

I re-set the outside wall clock yesterday afternoon, refastened it to the wall, put the ladders away and looked at the clock to check the time - I had put the fizzing thing forward instead of back! I must be getting old....

• Upvote 2

Just to complicate the fact that Arizona doesn't observe daylight saving, the Navajo nation which expands into New Mexico and Utah, does change their clocks. BUT the Hopi nation within the Navajo nation, doesn't. Ayupmeducks, I think the other state that doesn't change time, is Indiana.

Seems Hawaii doesn't either, Kath.

If it weren't for Jockistan I thing the UK would be on permanent GMT+1 they always moan about the extra danger to the kids going to school.

However when the experiment was run much was made of the fact there were more accidents in the morning but nothing mentioned about the drop in evening accidents which was far greater than the morning rise.

I have some gardening friends up in the north of Scotland and they always moan about their shorter spring days but fail to mention their longer, much longer summer days.

#30. Orphan Annie. When I was nursing and on nights, we didn't get any extra money for working an extra hour. I did suggest to the day staff that they could take over half an hour earlier than usual, but they declined!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

An extra hour in bed. Whoopty Doo, that's all I need. 

• 4 months later...

I think the Daily Mash had it best:

'Don't forget.. clocks go back.. or forward.. one hour, tonight.. or next week  or something..'  :)

Anyway folks.  Welcome to the Great British Summer...  Have a good one!

Col

If anyone really did follow the advice of the title of this thread and put their clocks BACK one hour last night, they will now be two hours behind the rest of us.

So for their benefit, it's now 10.30am, not 8.30 as you think.

13 minutes ago, catfan said:

All the clocks in this house change automatically !

You really do spoil Mrs Catfan,automatic clocks indeed,Mrs P changes ours slywink

Rog

• Upvote 1