Clocks back tonight

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I've heard of luxury cars, but I've never seen one with a shower.     I'll get me coat. !

I must be rich because I have four watches, but only two bought by us and the second was because about a year ago I thought I had lost my watch the one that I wear daily. We got back from a cycle ride

I've been at work today, popped home for lunch and then put the clock back one hour, seemed like a good idea.

Posted Images

The car companies say that the only time the owners ever look at the vehicle owners manual is to change the clock for daylight saving.

I don't have to change mine as the newest cars' clock takes its time from the GPS satellites and changes automatically. Haven't driven the other car for weeks but I have to set that one manually.

My car, being German, obviously always has the clock at the right time. My wife’s car, being British, has to have the clock altered. There may be a way of making it change automatically but there’s so many things to tab through in the programming that it’s not worth bothering.

Just finished altering my clocks. The one on the microwave is a minute faster than the one on my oven. Altered the one on my oven so they are the same but the flipping microwave waited until I had done it and set the clock up and then flipped over another minute so that is how they will stay. My watch is the worst to change the buttons are so fiddly, I usually end up setting the alarm as well. I did that last time we altered the clocks and it woke me up early in the morning. Took me ages to realise what the heck it was making the noise.

Don’t know why we keep doing it, isn’t it a throwback from the war? Something to do with farmers in Scotland and daylight or something? If so then when Scotland becomes independent will we be able to stop doing it I wonder:huh:

16 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

My car, being German, obviously always has the clock at the right time.

Doesn’t always follow Phil, the clock on my 4 year old Audi has to be changed every six months.  For the past few months it’s been 2 hours 34 minutes out, due to a flat battery when we went away for several weeks.  I never bothered to put it right when the new battery was installed but probably will now ....... if I ever go back to Nottingham again. 

My car is also German vw tiguan, the Tech model,  so many bits and bobs on it , the grandson switched most of them of for me but the clock needs to be changed manually, he may have switched that off. But time doesnt  bother me anymore.

I seem to recall that one year the folks who do these things decided to not bother changing the clocks and I don't think anybody  noticed. Didn't  they also do some called "Double Summertime", although I can't remember what it was. Anybody help on that?

You think you have problems with daylight saving Have a look at these maps of Australia pre and post daylight savings

image.png.42edf19ca96f57b7f959718a410bf2cc.png

Have a look at the No DST map. The yellow bit on the right is Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania. The Green bit in the Middle is South Australia and the Northern Territory and the Blue bit is West Australia. All very logical except the half hour bit in the middle which should really be an hour difference to the east coast.

Now look at the DST map, what a schemozzle as some states have daylight saving and others don't

Pity the poor people catching a flight from the Gold Coast/ Coolangatta airport which is right on the NSW/Queensland border. If your are at one end of the terminal your phone could well show a different time to the other end of the terminal depending upon which mobile tower the phone is picking up. This time difference often results in the unaware missing their flights.

We are further west than Queensland yet our time is half an hour ahead of theirs during the summer, and we now have 5 separate time zones to grapple with, stupid if you ask me.

18 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

You think you have problems with daylight saving Have a look at these maps of Australia pre and post daylight savings

image.png.42edf19ca96f57b7f959718a410bf2cc.png

Have a look at the No DST map. The yellow bit on the right is Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania. The Green bit in the Middle is South Australia and the Northern Territory and the Blue bit is West Australia. All very logical except the half hour bit in the middle which should really be an hour difference to the east coast.

Now look at the DST map, what a schemozzle as some states have daylight saving and others don't

Pity the poor people catching a flight from the Gold Coast/ Coolangatta airport which is right on the NSW/Queensland border. If your are at one end of the terminal your phone could well show a different time to the other end of the terminal depending upon which mobile tower the phone is picking up. This time difference often results in the unaware missing their flights.

We are further west than Queensland yet our time is half an hour ahead of theirs during the summer, and we now have 5 separate time zones to grapple with, stupid if you ask me.

This year in Queensland is the same as in previous years with calls to review DST. Some residents still think that the introduction of DST in Queensland would cause the fading of curtains.

Regards,

Will2017

• 10 months later...