How to make Notts tea...

I flew on Qatar Airways to New Zealand earlier in the year.

When asked by the Flight attendant what I wanted to drink I said tea please, then quick as a flash before she had chance to ask I said White , no sugar.

Well when it came it was,,, a bit WHITE..

I'd heard of Green tea and Earl Grey etc but not White Tea before.

Next time an attendant came (different one) and asked if I wanted a drink I said yes but not as white as last time and she smiled.

You need to ask us for English Breakfast with milk, not White tea.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere out there, Colly, there is a parallel universe in which you remained at Chester le Street, won a place at Oxford, wrote a thesis on how to make tea and were awarded the Nobel Prize for Physi

Started at Gothem infants then (in no particular order) Aldercar & another one in Langley Mill, one in Chester-Le-Street,  Collygate, Trent Bridge juniors & seniors in the Meadows, & Beard

Colly, do you have actual dreams/nightmares about being lost or anxious in unfamiliar  schools?  Paul does!   He says that when he was in a new large secondary school and there was the usual

In our Orlando hotel breakfast room there loads of different sorts & colours of tea & I tried a few, wasn't struck on any of them & always went back to English Breakfast tea... I like my tea builders style = strong with plenty of milk & half a spoon of sugar. I used to take 3 sugars decades ago but cut down, I can drink it without sugar but like just a little bit... 

Enjoy in 7 weeks Ian Finn.... We're thinking of going back sometime in 2020 as we enjoyed it so much, it'll be the 3'rd time we've been then. Was 39C temp on some days = we'd go in the outdoor hotel pool to cool down, there'd be a flash of lightning, then we'd be evicted because of lightning strike risk, then read online that Central Florida is the lightning capital of America, but still mega enjoyed it.... BTW we stayed in Baymont Inn & Suites on the corner of Sandlake Road & Universal Blvd, not the poshest place but loved it. It was a late deal = we saw it in travel agent window & was on the plane 2 weeks later...