Notts LGBTQ+ people in the 80s/90s

Hi,

I'm a Magazine Journalism MA student at NTU currently working on a feature about what life was like for LGBTQ+ people in the 80s and 90s compared to nowadays. I'd love as much help as possible - interviews, any old pictures people might have, any suggestions on people or places to speak to. I've done lots of research on the topic and I'm looking to speak to people about any struggles or issues they may have faced in those decades. If anybody here on the forum used to read any of the LGBT publications in Notts (G.E.M, Diversion, Lookout, etc etc), visit LGBT pubs from those decades or other notably LGBT friendly places (Mushroom bookshop) I'd love to hear your stories, I'd also like to speak to people about how the Section 28 Local Government Act affected them or their loved ones, or if anybody was a teacher during those years too. Ideally I'm looking to speak to people face to face so that I could get some images too, but I'm happy to speak to people via email or phone if this isn't possible for people no longer in Notts. 

Thanks for reading!

Emma