Nottingham Coop Fridge Department

On 4/29/2015 at 12:42 PM, Litcho1 said:

Question. can anyone remember the old Nottingham Co-op logo, I seem to remember that it was an anchor inside a shield intertwined with the lettering, NCS. I've looked on the internet to find it but no luck. My Grandaughter doesn't believe me when I tell her that all the Co-op vehicles were painted red with this logo on the doors. Used to be a sign of their political leanings. Also I remember that the doors of 243 Derby Road had the same logo etched into the glass.

Just perusing  Burrows street map and by chance spotted an ad with the Co-op logo with the anchor. Apparently it also included a scroll beneath with 'pro bono omnium' motto, see page 12 below......

http://www.nottshistory.org.uk/resources/maps/Nottingham/nottinghamstreetmapc1960.pdf

• 2 years later...
On 8/2/2006 at 10:56 PM, mick2me said:

Strooth Frank!

I knew Pete very well. We were apprentices together.

Petes dad was one of the chief executives with the Coop at that time.

I first worked with him in 69 when we built the Coop on Westdale lane.

The 'moon landing' always reminds me of those summer days working with

Pete and others.

He was never well, I always admired the guy for taking a heavy job despite his

medical condition. He often showed that he was having difficulty in standing,

But would continue to work. I think he was in continual pain to some extent.

I heard he died young, Very sad, It must be some years ago. RIP Pete. :sorry:

The other Guys names I dont remember, But the Chap in charge for many years

Was Stan (surname?) A great guy too.

Hello,

I was alerted to this thread by my partner as he came accross it somehow. I am Pete Robinson's middle daughter Lucy. I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely and kind words about my dad, I know he would be thrilled to hear you remember him so fondly. He did have to live in a lot of pain unfortunately but as you remembered, he never let it get him down! he travelled alot and had many great friends and always remembered his CO-OP family! My dad passed in October 2002 aged 48 and is still very sadly missed. He now has a grandson (14 yrs) and a grand daughter (6 yrs). My grandad Bert went to live in Rhode Island USA in 1993 after my grandmother passed away, he remarried and they relocated to Florida in the early 2000's. Grandad passed away on 10th September 2021 and lived to be 92 years old and as strong as an Ox! https://obits.davisseawinds.com/obituary/herbert-robinson I just wanted to say hello and thanks again for sharing your memories. I'm not sure if anyone will see this as I don't know how often you stop by. 

Thanks again :biggrin:

• Upvote 1