Nice site - that JOHN47 seems to be popular smile2

can anyone who is intending to be an ex-pat soon post? and join in the active discussions?

Meduks

Nice site - that JOHN47 seems to be popular smile2

can anyone who is intending to be an ex-pat soon post? and join in the active discussions?

Meduks

Feel free Frank, where you escaping to?? Soon??

I now Caz been on meduk....

Heard on the radio today and this is official more People are leaving these shores to settle in foriegn climes than ever before...I wonder why? !englandflag!

I now Caz been on meduk....

Heard on the radio today and this is official more People are leaving these shores to settle in foriegn climes than ever before...I wonder why? !englandflag!

Den, I left for a new life after my first marriage failed.

Would I come back???? Never, I could never afford to live in the UK now. Housing and land prices are way beyond my means. Living costs are way beyond my means, Weather's lousy, beers too warm, everyone living in each others backyards..ie too crowded housing.

Also too much government intrusion into your day to day lives.

We pay $54 a year land taxes, which when the house is finished, will probably go up to $350 a year. Not bad for 80 acres of land! My electric is half what you pay, my propane is way cheaper than your gas. My water costs me the pumping costs and doesn't have chlorine or flouride in it. My food is cheaper, my beer is cheaper, I can buy my Scotch at Xmas half price of yours and the same brand. My truck only costs about 30 bucks a year to register, no MOT's either. My gasoline is one third what you pay. I could go on and on..... Less crime.... I don't need some shiny arsed beaurocrat to tell me where and how I can build on my own land either, and they don't!

It's not quite heaven, but a lot closer than the UK is...

Sounds nice Ayups - where are you?

I'm in the Ozark Mountains Frank, south central Missouri just a few miles north of the Arkansas State line.

I've joined Ayups site and enjoying it. Like he said, we need more warm bodies, so if you've left for sunnier climes, give it a try. It don't cost nowt!

[before anyone points it out, I know you've had very sunny climes for a while now]

Yes katyjay like all English summers it doesn't last long muduk a few day's ago we were shivering in a tempt of 21c but the future is bright so the add men say and today it has reached the barmy heights of 25c which is quite easy to get use to after the ice age over the last week......Since Caligal left us for 105c our weather has taken a nose dive IMO Caligal packed a little bit of our sunshine and took it home with her so Cali could we have it back meduk...... :Vampire:

Ayup, Ayup or you anywhere near middle earth mate if so say Ayup to Bilbo Bagins for me meduk and don't forget that feild out at Bree could do with a turn over.......anyroadup next stop Rivendell..

I'm not on that map Den, thats Arkansas smile2

Thats still Arkansas Den, you been boozing again smile2

BUT, if you look to the top right, you will see a town called Mammoth Spring, thats where the wife has her Real Estate business, and we are due north of there.

NOW find a map of southern Missouri showing the state line.

When you do, look for Thayer, then just coming out of Thayer will be hwy 19 heading east to Alton, from the little town of Alton, 163 east for 10 miles and you will see on a good map, state road FF going north, I'm up there a couple of miles. ;)

Is this any better? Don't forget ayup what I said some time ago , I may just show up on your door step one day....

frt2232.gif

Is this any better? Don't forget ayup what I said some time ago , I may just show up on your door step one day....

frt2232.gif

You MUST leave that Blue Stilton alone Den, it's doing summat nasty to you.. :blink::blink::blink:

......Since Caligal left us for 105c our weather has taken a nose dive IMO Caligal packed a little bit of our sunshine and took it home with her so Cali could we have it back meduk...... :Vampire:

I didn't take it with me...the heat disappeared from here also. I'm wearing long trousers and a jumper today, and this is usually the hottest month of the year!! What that tells me is that I should have stayed in England!!! imissyouunionflag

Well ayup! is that a better map have I got it right now?

Cali Gal Posted on Aug 7 2006, 06:31 PM

I'm wearing long trousers and a jumper today, and this is usually the hottest month of the year!! What that tells me is that I should have stayed in England!!! 

Could you make this a regular thing Cali? I mean you discribing what you are wearing day by day, what color is your jumper is it long or short sleeve crew or V neck, buttons or no buttons you get the idea ........don't you....? hearteyes

The weather here has been all over the place since you left Cali we have had temps down to 10c and up again to 28c rain hail and snow well not really snow....and now I'm suffering from a head cold just my luck hey?!

Hmmmmm Den, without precise directions, you'd never find my house. ;););););)

Could you make this a regular thing Cali? I mean you discribing what you are wearing day by day, what color is your jumper is it long or short sleeve crew or V neck, buttons or no buttons you get the idea ........don't you....? hearteyes

SMART A#$E!!

:tease:kickme

Cali Gal Posted on Aug 8 2006, 05:02 PM

SMART A#$E!!

It seems I've put both my feet in?

I thought Caz was feeling rejected I too know how it feels.

Anyroadup all is not lost I've still got my Dog Diezel...Ok boy where are we going today? WALKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bighug

OK then ayup am I close? or aren't you saying Meduk in fear I might darken your doorstep mate.....Heathrow to Chicargo return £285....but only when there's a Z in the month...car hire £16 a day.... !hand!