Christmas presents

In reply to your question Jonab, yes they most certainly do, including sugar free version. Another one in that ilk is Jakemans, another one designed to blow your head off ! My personal favourite used to be Barnips,  but I'm  not sure if you can still get them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want nowt! New hi -fi.  I'd never hear the difference New camera.  I hardly ever take photos anymore. New electronic organ with more bells and whistles.  I can hardly play the o

I bought a new leaf blower the other week.  I bought it because my old one was beyond repair.  When the new one arrived Mrs' L said, "Keep it as a Christmas present."   I refused.  I didn't buy it as

My dearest wife has spent a lot of money on my  present and its on something I will eventually use. Being a down to earth born and bred Hucknalite she doesn't waste money and I hope there isn't a hidd

You can still get them in many retro sweet shops, even here, but don't know if they are still made to the original recipe. I doubt it.

Apparently they are suitable for vegetarians and are gluten free. Another Nottingham company ahead of the times.

I had a large jar of retro sweets as a stocking filler... I'd forgotten just how much the sherbet flying saucers mek  yer tabs laugh....   :ohmy:

• Like 3

I got a jar of Liquorice Allsorts and a box of Jelly Babies.. along with other goodies.

Sugar Rush here I come!  :blink:

A note to everyone who received a book from me this Christmas: They are due back at the library on Wednesday .

• Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, Beekay said:

Talking of addictions, a Radiographer I  worked with was addicted to Sinex nasal spray. He could get through a bottle a day !

Was his name John Anderson (Formerly Wisniewski)? I knew a bloke of this name who became addicted to these nasal sprays as a teenager and last time I heard from him he was still getting through them like they were going out of fashion!

No, that wasn't  his name Paul, but I  don't  know whether I'm  supposed to divulge his name. Not even sure if he's  still alive. Another one of his fads was WD40. Every time he went out in his car, he would spray the engine with the stuff. Somebody told him that it was damp/water repellent.  When he showed me under the bonnet, the engine was swimming in the bloody stuff ! He said sometimes the car wouldn't  start, I  told him I  wasn't  suprised as the engine was flooded with WD40 !!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 1:52 AM, IAN FINN said:

Anyone remember Victory V lozenges a friend gave me 3 tubes for Christmas have not had one in 65years when i was a kid in the uk surprised you can buy them in Canada.

Yeah remember those , also it sounds abit risqué  to say you've sucked  a fishermans friend doesn't it ???

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Ya shouldn't do that Rog., that's Kevin from Aldi. !

Was, he's now in the pot with the rest of the veg

Rog