Family of Jonathan and Robert Eyre

I've recently started looking into my family history but have very little info.  What I do know is that my grandfather was Jonathan Eyre and my GGF Robert Eyre.  I was told many years ago that one was a jeweller and that Robert had a shop at 2 Hope Street.  I was also told that either grandmother or GGM was knocked down by a car on castle boulevard bridge and died but again I cannot find any info and have no family to ask reason being that when my mother remarried she had moved to another county where I was brought up.  Any info would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Had you discovered where Hope Street was ?

It was in the Meadows, near Kings Meadow Road, which would also tie in with your GGM's accident on Castle Boulevard.

Hopefully other people will be along to add more information.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, annswabey said:

It would save a lot of searching if you know roughly when Jonathan was born and/or died, and also if you can give your Mum's full name at birth, and where she was born

Agnes Eyre born 1911 Briar St Nottm.  Her father Jonathan born 18/08/1880 Nottm, her mother Sarah Ann Eyre nee Fish born I believe in Norfolk but can't be sure about this info.  Jonathan's father,  RobertEyre  born c1851/52 Stapleford  married Ann Hall who had a shop at 2 Hope St.

Thanks in advance to one and all for all info.

There's a marriage for a Johnathan Eyre to Sarah Ann Fish in Nottingham in 1902.  Your mothers Birth index entry shows her mothers maiden name to be Fish. In the 1911 census, Sarah Anns birthplace is given as Cromer.  In 1911 they are living at 7 Hope Street and Johnathan is a Coal Miner. On the 1891 census, Johnathan is living with his parents (father is Robert) at 2 Hope Street.  Robert's occupation is Collier.  I'd suggest you take out a free trial with the Ancestry website, to investigate further, or the Ancestry website may be available for free at your local library

• Like 1

I now have another question and that is where in Nottingham in 1911 was Smoker's Yard I can't decipher the rest of the handwriting but it looks like it says off Mortimer Street - would that be correct?  Once again thanks for any replies as my knowledge of Nottm is limited.