Jill Sparrow

Happy Birthday letsavagoo!

Hope you'll enjoy the day..

Happy Birthday letsavagoo, have a lovely day 

Happy Birthday letsavagoo hope you have a good one

From me too.  Have a fab day!!!

Dint know it worris buthday! But Happy Buthday anyroad.englandflag

Thank you all for your good wishes. It is hard for me to believe that I was born in the front bedroom of a house in Radford, 65 years ago.  I moved away from the City 20 years ago and it has just flown and I hope that whatever time the future holds slows down. 

So, we all know what Nurse Heaton was doing 65 years ago today!  I'll wager she made your poor mother drink the usual cup of liquorice powder mixed with water before your arrival. She was a great one for that!  She was probably also the first one to smack your backside, long before you got to Berridge!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

It is hard for me to believe that I was born in the front bedroom of a house in Radford, 65 years ago.

...and my grandparents lived just a few doors down from that house and I would've been visiting them with my parents during your early days. And now technology links these things together many years later.

• Upvote 3

What number did they live Cliff Ton. I think you’ve mentioned before but I’ve forgotten.

Thank you...thumbsup

Didn't  realise that were still Radford.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Didn't  realise that were still Radford.

It raises the question, where does Radford end and Bobbers Mill begin ?

My thoughts exactly. When you consider it runs from Canning circus, right down to Kennington road, at bottom of ilkeston road. Incidentally, one side of ilkeston rd is radford, the other side, Derby grove, Seely road etc, what area does that come under.?

I'd agree, Lenton.

I think coming down Ilkeston Road, the left-hand side is Lenton all the way down to Triumph Road. It would include the areas alongside Lenton Boulevard and Faraday Road..

I'd  never would have thought that Faraday rd etc. including the likes of Salisbury st and that area came under Lenton. Always assumed it were Radford, but there again, what do I know.

My Dad would turn in his grave reading this, he was born on Salisbury Street, it’s Old Radford and it will always be Old Redford, land of the free. 

Should be a few slapped legs on here. 

I see what you mean…and I agree - in a way.

I reckon the Derby Road end of Triumph Road and Faraday Road are in Lenton; but the Ilkeston Road ends of both are in Radford.

I've always thought that all of that area i.e. Faraday Rd and Ilkeston Rd were considered Lenton and anything the other side (up Norton Street) was Radford.

Iv'e often thought about this. I have family members listed as Radford, Lenton. However after they moved out of the area, in 1911 they state their birthplace as Lenton. 

When my Great Uncle signed up for WW1 in 1915 he stated Radford as his birthplace on his papers..made me wonder if there was an element of snobbery? 

This has reminded me, does anybody know where Willoughby Avenue was?