RIP Mudgie48

It is with sadness that I report the passing of Mudgie48, a Nottstalgian who was a very knowledgable historian and local lad.   Bryan has lived in the USA for many years, most recently in Deltona Florida.  When my husband and I had a holiday home in Miami Beach we drove up to meet Bryan and his wife half way and had a very pleasant few hours in their company.  We’d known each other about town and as members of the Dungeon Club in the mid-60s.  Since that meeting we’ve kept in touch by telephone.  Poor Bryan has struggled with various cancers over the years but in the past few months the illness and treatments got the better of him.  He was 70 years old.  

So Sorry to hear of his passing :(

We did meet up with him and his wife in September 2015, when he drove down to Orlando to meet us.

A lovely couple, and I know he will be greatly missed on here.

RIP Mudgie

I'm very sorry to read this.  R.I.P.

RIP Mudgie  condolences to family.

Thank you for your condolences. This is Bryan's wife. I was still able to get onto his account. I hope that's okay. Funny what you remember, huh? And what you forget? Bryan (Mudgie 49) fought a 15-year battle with Kidney Cancer that metastasized to other parts of his body (lung, intestine, spine, and brain). Unfortunately, it was the tumor in his lung that ended up taking his life. I was with him when he passed, and he did pass peacefully. And I am glad that his pain and struggle is over. The last 8-9 months had been especially tough, with the last five weeks the worst, as he lost weight, his appetite, mobility, and eventually his life. He never lost his sense of humor though, or his love of Nottingham, or history. He loved being on this website, and during the earlier days of his illness, gave him a purpose, and helped keep his spirits up. He was able to reconnect with old friends, and meet up with some of you when you came to the States. I am very grateful for all that you did for Bryan, and I hope that you felt the same way about him. He had a good life, and although it wasn't the longest, or the healthiest, we were very grateful for the 25 years we had together, and the love we shared. 

• Like 8