You are only now convinced?  :wacko:

At the last election he was the best of three evils. I’m sure Corbyn would have only been too ready to sell us out to communist China. At least Boris is only going for a partial deal but it’s possible that even this way they could infiltrate our infrastructure.

I don't know why there's so much paranoia over Huawei.

Just about every electronic device manufactured for the last 20 years or more is either wholly made with or contains Chineese components including mobiles, P.C's and laptops.

If the Chineese wanted to hide backdoor access they already would have or maybe actually have done.

The NSA in the States were allegedly intercepting and scanning all emails years ago.

I'm sure GCHQ are still doing some interesting work.

The next big thing in communications is launching tens of thousands of mini satellites to give World coverage for data transmission.

And who is one of the main leaders in this, Space X and who owns the controlling majority of that  a certain Mr Elon Musk aka Tesla cars.

Can we seriously trust him anymore than the Chineese, maybe he is Chineese backed or possibly Russian, who knows.

From an intelligence point of view, if the Chineese are intending gaining access within 5G then that leaves a gateway for others to get back into China.

Maybe move this to the Politics thread?

• Like 1

If you’re worried about using Huawei products, and are in the U.K., best log off the internet now as virtually all telecoms companies have been using their equipment for years, including both BT and VM.

For anyone worried about their privacy on the internet or mobile phone let me put your mind at rest...……….. You have none. You lost it the day you switched your PC or phone on and it makes no difference whether Huawei made the chips or not.

Everyone uses and to a great extend likes what they do for us. Although I doubt most of us will be around to see it the day will come when computers are hated and feared.

4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Maybe Huawei will hack into Nottstalgia and delete it anyway. 

You've seen those occasions when there are hundreds of 'Guests' on the site............. 

Seriously, they are often based in China.

Maybe they   can learn to say Eyeupmeduck, owdyertight, and didjagoodahn in Chinese.  :biggrin:

I know it is probably not possible now as things are so interconnected, but it seems like a lot of that stuff should never have been exposed the regular internet in the first place.  Probably to late to get that genie back in the bottle now.  It's a problem for all of us.

I never understood why every single employee where I worked had access when almost none needed it for their work. According to an IT tech the most popular sites  were fashion, shoes, holidays and football. For some reason the Daily Mail was also popular.