Well, that's a new one on me ! I never knew bones could be donated. You learn something every day. :rolleyes:

If Titanium is light, then the one b.i.l. showed me must have been stainless steel. I'll have Usain Bolt's legs if he's done with them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A reverse search of "Ms Burtons" image indeed gives a picture of a year 4  teacher  . Different name though !  Wonder why Coventry kids would be interested in a Nottingham suburb project ?

Has schoolchildren's toilet habits been discussed yet ? There is a cryptic clue in there for you BK !

I think I have deja vu! Keeps occurring every few months.

Bones can be donated, when I had a reverse shoulder revision they gave me somebodies hip joint ball into my shoulder and a "claw" onto my Humerous . Then it was just waiting for the bones to fuse together before I could move my arm again.  I am still waiting for my other shoulder to be done, so hurry  up and have your hip done Phil, I may have your hip ball.

I've got 5 screws in my right ankle you can have, apparently they are surplus to requirements,but can you hang on until my other bits stop functioning?

• Upvote 1

Looks like a Pterodactyl to me

Talking of shadow puppets we have a guy in Adelaide called Raymond Crowe who describes himself as an "Unusualist"

His shadow puppetry is brilliant.

Check out his version of Satchmo's Wonderful World

• Like 1

It's surprising how strong the bionic parts and bones are. Just over a month after my hip was done I took a really heavy fall onto the paddock hard standing and gave said hip a big whack. I lay there thinking "that must be broken" but it was fine.

Hope your son is now fully recovered Lizzie does he feel any different now the armory has been removed. I have 6 screws and 4 metal plates in my back and I can sort of feel them, meaning that I can't bend right over. Am doing physio at the moment but I still won't be flexible enough. I've lost some muscle tone so it's being built up again. I'm finding muscles that I didn't know I had.Hope I don't finish looking like Stallone. :(

Andy is doing ok but he says the wound is sore, he sent me a photo of the cut stapled up!  In the 8 years the metalwork has been in place he’s run a marathon and climbed Kilimanjaro so it didn’t bother him too much.  The next procedure he will have apparently is for a V shape to be cut at the top of his shin bone to re-align his knee.  That will be a more major operation and he’ll be on crutches for several weeks.  Hopefully it will be done sooner rather than later as he’s supposed to be doing the Machu Picchu trail in Peru next year, postponed from this March due to his struggles. 

I hope your physio is going well Nonna and you get full mobility soon, the warm Spring sunshine is just around the corner so that will help.  

• Like 1

Best of luck to him Lizzie.  That 'V shaped cut out' op was suggested for me a while back as an alternative to a full knee replacement.  They've gone quiet again.  I think they reckon that if you can get out of bed and walk any sort of distance, that you are OK.  They don't seem concerned about pain.

Titanium is fascinating.. as are all elements to me...

On 2/15/2020 at 11:40 PM, DJ360 said:

Best of luck to him Lizzie.  That 'V shaped cut out' op was suggested for me a while back as an alternative to a full knee replacement.  They've gone quiet again.  I think they reckon that if you can get out of bed and walk any sort of distance, that you are OK.  They don't seem concerned about pain.

I understand that the V shaped cut will only delay the inevitable Col.  The surgeon said it would mean he won’t need a knee replacement for 15 years. 

• Like 1