I can't see why this has to occupy so many column inches. I've only seen him a couple of times but, like philmayfield, I too thought it was obvious.

People who are so interested in other people's sexuality need something more constructive to occupy their time.  However, it's becoming so commonplace these days, I'm beginning to wonder if it's  something in the water?

• Like 4

I really don't give a damn but I'm curious as to why they think we need to know.

Is it trendy to display all this angst? all this crap about how tortured they were until they announced to the world "I'm queer, out and proud" (their terminology not mine before anyone calls me homophobic). Who gives a sh**! Why not just get on with living like the rest of us and keep their private life just that - private.

• Like 5

Phyllis Schofield is almost unknown here but these (hopeful) headline grabbers are commonplace worldwide. Often the sign of a flagging career - make some revolutionary announcement that will rouse the sympathies of the feeble minded - which it seems to have done - in the expectation of new contracts of employment.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jonab said:

Phyllis Schofield is almost unknown here but these (hopeful) headline grabbers are commonplace worldwide. Often the sign of a flagging career - make some revolutionary announcement that will rouse the sympathies of the feeble minded - which it seems to have done - in the expectation of new contracts of employment.

And generate some well paid interviews where he can pontificate about the LGBQTPAON community. 

There's could be  some truth in what philmayfield thinks, echoes of George Micheal?

39 minutes ago, jonab said:

Phyllis Schofield is almost unknown here

Is this to be his new name?

Personally, I'm more interested in Paul Scofield. Great actor who took the privacy of himself and his family extremely seriously. Sad loss of a great talent.

I am too busy living my on life to concern myself with someone else who I have never met. He doesn't make comments on mine why should I or anyone else comment on his. What he does if it is legal its up to him.

• Like 6

Effeminate men coming out of the closet has become an almost everyday event and only confirms what we already knew.  Nowadays there are so many about in all aspects of work and life that the only thing that surprises me is that Leapfrog is not one of the Olympic Games. 

• Like 1

I find 2 things particularly irritating about this.

1. Oh how brave of him! No it’s not. Soldiers facing hostilities are brave. This is not brave. It seems it was pretty much an open secret for those who knew him. 
2. If he’d been cheating with a woman the headlines would be love rat cheats on loving wife of 20 years etc. Not how brave, we’re with you Philip.

How he chooses to live his life is his business. If it doesn’t impact on me or my family I don’t care nor do I need to know.

• Like 5
  • 2 years later...