Harry Goodley - Nottingham's Forgotten Football Pioneer

The previously untold story of Harry Goodley - a Basford man who left an indelible mark on Juventus and Italian football.

He was a player, coach, distinguished international referee and Italian national team selector - but died in anonymity in 1951.

Read more...

https://calcioengland.com/2020/02/21/harry-goodley-the-forgotten-pioneer-of-italian-football/

• Like 4

Thanks for posting .

Interesting and a similar story to Herbert Kilpin .

I have read his before and remember the part about the watch and how his Italian colleagues thought he had died on the War .

This looks like your video on Mr Goodley's travels and I'm sure our expert map guru will be interested how this video was done .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Interesting, and I hadn't heard of him before.

It's amazing how all footballers from the early 20th century look very similar. Kilpin and Goodley are almost interchangeable. And it's useful that most of the places Mr Goodley lived have survived to be visible on Streetview.

Thanks both - it certainly is an amazing story. And incredible that so little is said of it; his sparsely populated Wikipedia page speaks volumes!

In terms of the "virtual tour", I created this as a "project" in Google Earth. It's a bit clunky - I had to manually animate it and screen record it . I'm by no means an expert but happy to offer more detail if anyone is interested - though I suspect somebody with greater expertise could produce a much more polished end product.

• Like 1

Now I know where I saw it before , in fact even provided some news clips about him .

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTEwMDAyNDY3MzUxOTQwOTpWSzo4Nzg5MTM3MzkxOTA4MTc%3D

• Like 2