Hi

I am Malcolm Pritchard.  Just turned 73 years old.

As a child and teenager I used to live in central Nottingham.  In the mid 60's I used to frequent the Dancing Slipper in West Bridgford with 3 or 4 friends.  Loved to watch and listen to local bands on a Friday night, especially the Jaybirds.  Also enjoyed the trad jazz on Saturday nights.  We used to chat to a small group of local girls, who were all very nice.  It was a wonderful period of my life.  I would love to know what happened to those girls.  One was Jan Crockford.  Her surname will almost certainly be different now through marriage.  I think one of her friends was Judy.  Tall pleasant girl.  We used to also see these girls at the YMCA in Nottingham - again, to see local bands like the Jaybirds.

Since that time I have lived and worked in Oxford and Newcastle-upon-Tyne, but came back to Nottingham about 27 years ago and now live in West Bridgford.

I would like to here of any Dancing Slipper memories.

There is also a thread called Local Traditional Jazz 50's and 60's, that mentions the Dancing Slipper. My Tablet won't let me copy and paste the thread.