Difficulty in Accessing Nottstalgia

Some members have experienced difficulty in accessing the site.

At this ends no problems have been experienced.

It has been possible to register new accounts, and log in as normal.

If you have difficulty please notify the exact fault.

Can you even see the site.

What stage do you get to, and what errors occur?

Try creating a new acount....

This afternoon at about one -ish I couldn't access this site [timing out ] when I did finally manage to access this great and wonderful forum the pages took forever to load in fact they too timed out so I gave up trying.

Tonight I got straight on with no problems, so is it my computer? or do I have to go down to the charity shop once again and seek permission from the two old moth ball smelling spinsters to rumage in their back room for another replacement part or is there a fast track way of avoiding the two spinsters and their fat cat.............please help..........anyroadup....anyroadup!!! compusmash

!rulez! Caz Email me and told me the problem apparantly she cannot get the web site to come up at all......

It's possible that the problem is with their isp .. there has been instances in the past whereby it's been impossible to connect to this site via NTL nottingham, but routing through another proxy has sorted the problem.

currently I use nott-cache-15.server.ntli.net:8080 which at this moment in time is whisking along, but can change at any time and frequently does.. but then it's just a matter of selecting another..

List of NTL servers

depending on which isp they use, there will be alternate proxies, even free ones which they can find by doing a Google, then it's just a matter of copy/pasting the information into Internet explorer/ tools/internet options/connections/lan settings/use proxy ... and then check see whether it works, if not, then find another..

browsers other than Internet explorer including AOL will use different settings than the above, but will be somewhere in the options.

worth a try..

Caz informs us that whenever an attempt is made to connect to this site all she receives is an error in the form of WINDOWS\system32\shdodc.dll/dnserror.htm

a Google on this malady comes back with a range of possibilities of what could be the cause, ranging from settings within the router, problems with the isp, or adware / malware that has infiltrated the system.. bearing in mind she is able to to surf the net normally to all other internet sites, it's a good bet somewhere along the line her system has become infected, and other than it being sorted with a good adware / spyware / virus cleaner, then I have the horrible suspicion that she is going to have to re-install the whole shebang..

unless someone out there knows of a solution ??

compusmash I'm sorry but my knowledge of computers is limited to switching it on and off but I would suggest unplugging it then her partner or she chucked it into the nearest skip or better still into their local Billabong....... compusmash

I've had my first problem getting into the site, I've been getting access refused! First time I've had any problems getting into Nottstalgia.

That being the case then ayup, I'm wondering whether the fault lies somewhere on the server from which Nottstalgia is accessed... the board settings seem ok and no ip numbers are banned other than some dodgy russian sites starting with 999.x.x.x ..

maybe one for Mick to sort out when he gets back off his hols.

Three times this morning I got an error message, "Site could not be found" Then left it half an hour and am here.

Looks like Mick has some problems..

Three times this morning I got an error message, "Site could not be found"  Then left it half an hour and am here.

Looks like Mick has some problems..

happens many times being on NTL.. a quick change of server usually sorts the prob.

My server is the University of Missouri..

Been off for days but tried today and hey presto here you are.

We are NTL and just kept getting "Cannot find server" Not sure what it's all about but Nottstalgia is the only one I couldn't get,everything else is fine.So fingers Xd.

for the first time i`ve had problems getting onto the forum today. could get onto all my favorites except this one. has someone put a worm or something in the site?

Caz can't gerrin nah!! Cumon, get this friggin site sorted aht!

I had a major error appear yesterday too, so the site or it's server has serious problems.

Ayupmeducks Posted on Aug 18 2006, 02:14 PM

Caz can't gerrin nah!! Cumon, get this friggin site sorted aht!

Nowt wrong this end! then again I'm on AOL so I wouldn't expect owt wrong.......you get what ya pay 4........... vampire2

Just had a message from Caz on Ex Pats site, she still cannot access this site. Not seen Chris here lately, is she still have problems getting in too??

I personally wouldn't know about Chris Ayup, not heard from her for ages must have been something I've said.........anyroadup there are it seems many women folk who are having conection problems with this site IMO that's great they where starting to annoy me with there incessant moaning.... vampire2

if it's not one thing it's another, I don't know these ex pats, you can never please them, they are quick to leave these shores and before you know it they are making plans to come back for a visit IMO once ya gone you stay gone well that's what I say..... !englandflag!