• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Boris didn’t look well to me. I’d get checked out.

Do you think a few sacrifices might appease the God(s). I got a list of candidates I’d like to nominate. I have a long memory, nasty streak and unforgiving nature and if I do get the virus I will visit them. For old times sake you understand.

People will believe whatever they like about God etc., and so long as they don't ram it down my throat, they are welcome to do so. 

However, I don't think we need to blame God for what is very clearly an entirely man made problem.  The main theory on the origin of CV is the continuing existence of 'wet' markets in China and other SE Asian Countries where assorted live animals which would not naturally come into close contact with each other, and humans, are forced to do just that.  Result 'Species jumping Viruses' (Virii? ).

One other theory is that the thing escaped from a Lab near Wuhan.

Whatever.. both are entirely 'man made' scenarios.

No need to drag God into this one.. As a species, we are perfectly capable of bringing about our own destruction without His/Her assistance.

• Like 1

To this point no one on the site who identifies as a Christian has said a word about this tragic virus situation.  I, for one have no intention of doing so.  I do not pretend to know the mind of God in these matters, so I don't try.

What any high profile spiritual leader, pope or archbishop may presume to say is up to them.  They do not represent me.

• Like 1

Australia had fire, Africa locusts, UK has floods, US had Trump and now the world has CV..

We're doomed ..

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

All these things are sent to test our faith.

In what?

• Like 1

The French Prime Minister, Édouard Philippe has just been on TV stating that gatherings of more than 100 people are now banned. This will, no doubt, apply to Monaco as well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

All these things are sent to test our faith.

What if you don't have any?

Btw.  Glad they closed Everest.  Long way to walk the dogs anyway.  ;)

• Like 1

Just watching daytime tv. 300 tourists are stranded in Tenerife who took advantage of the cheaper fares before this outbreak of CV.

Now they can't get back . Every new ticket they buy is annulled. The British government doesn't help and neither does the Spanish . There are a few that are very ill and can't get medication. They are saying that it was foolish to travel even though there were only odd cases of this disease. Things are getting worse as today we have 2000 more cases than yesterday bringing the total to approximately 14,500. France isn't yet aware of the situation as a giornalist was in Paris near a cafe, the customers were all sitting so close to each other. Here we are at least. Meter away from others . Shops are letting one in when one comes out. Sensible.as this figure represents ONLY 3 weeks  ago. That's how fast it travels and it knows no boundaries. 

Sorry to go on about it and if you're fed up with hearing me let me know and I'll stop but please take care and sensible precautions in place.

• Like 1

Jonab tv even went to a park and broke up 5 young lads and a few girls. They are about to close parks to avoid people congregating together.

• Like 1

Like DJ Col as far as religion goes, live and let live. Im total atheist but love church architecture and hymns. Berridge to thank for the latter. Personally I think the ‘anything political’ thread was a mistake on this Nottstalgia forum. It’s just not the venue but I see it amuses some so just skip it. But if they bring in an ‘anything religious‘ heading I’m off.

The bit i can't get my head around is, why all the panic buying of toilet rolls,!! Please someone enlighten me.

• Like 1

People must be thinking it's a stomache virus when it's a Respiratory issue.

(disclaimer; bowels may or may not be affected, depends on individuals anatomy)

Or they're thinking when isolated at home they won't be able to get out.

My Daughter in law, who along with my Son /Grandsons, is living in Arizona went to Costco earlier in the week, not exactly a small place .

No toilet rolls available and No bottled water , not that she wanted either.

Out of curiosity she went across the road to Wallmart, twice the size of Costco, none there either.

And that was before Trump started on his announcements.

• Like 1

We are ok in the village stores are low in goods but no shortage really. Had notices that pizzerias are delivering as are a couple of shops and mini markets. My son and husband are starting to deliver ready meals freshly cooked to order. They said if it works , it works if not ...patience. My son has given his regulars an incentive to order.

Jonab glad to see Macron is starting to tighten his belt. Tv just now on news is showing high rise flats with all occupants on balconies all singing and giving everyone a bit of happiness and courage. It's a wonderful site to see and hear.

Together we will win.

1 hour ago, Waddo said:

The bit i can't get my head around is, why all the panic buying of toilet rolls,!! Please someone enlighten me.

And also...why the obsession with pasta, which has disappeared from shelves.