I can well believe it. Over the last 10 days there has only been 2 or 3 days when I haven't delivered bulk pack packs of bog rolls and I am only one courier.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Had an email from  Sainsburys this morning, as I’m sure lots of you have, saying that they’re reserving an hour on Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s for old folks ... and NHS workers. Am I missing something? Doesn’t this mean that the most vulnerable will be shopping with the people most likely to come into contact with virus? Is it me?

• Upvote 1

Oh how I wish I could follow Dads favourite saying at this horrible time in history, it was "never worry about things you can't control, as it's a waste of your brain power." I so hate the uncertainty of what is going on at the moment, but by definition I can't do owt about it...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just had my son on the phone, he thinks my grandson has got the virus, he started last night in bed, sweating (the bed clothes ended up wet though) slight cough. They phoned 111 and have been told to all stay in for 2 weeks. Master and myself have each other, but my daughter-ln-laws mum lives on her own and is 77,  I just hope people who live near, help her if she needs it. Joe, grandson has hopefully got age on his side.

@mary1947Sorry to read the news about your grandson.   But as you say, age is on his side.  

Does your daughter-in-law's mother live in a village?   I know lots of villages round here have started a volunteer group on Facebook and each volunteer (about 50 of them, in our villageI think) has about 20 houses to look after.  We have put postcards through each door with the name, address and phone number of  'their' volunteer.  People can ring if they need help in any way,  mostly if they are running short of any food or other supplies, or even if they just want to have a chat.   It has been very much appreciated....

i expect other villages or neighbourhoods have a similar scheme.

Anyway,  best wishes to all your family xx

Justed watched..I say watched.

.it was on .. that Ant & Dec crap. 

At the end they had hospital staff dancing in face masks amongst other things that I consider making light of a very serious situation, to say the least..

At the end of the show they appeared sitting next to each other.. telling people to keep in touch

.well they did. 

social distance 2 inch max..golden opportunity to make a statement to the public..

It's not nice, but the cold hard facts work! Eg..the aids advert..scared the crap out of me, but it's the only way to get people to pay attention.

Today on the news people hitting the slots at Skeggy..I give up...

I think it will only change when people they know in their local area become hospitalised... 

As for Ant and Dec, they should have set an example like the newsreaders who now sit well apart on the couch.

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Joe, grandson has hopefully got age on his side.

I'm sure we all really hope it's a false alarm Mary...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Morning MarigH  to answer question daughter in laws mum, Renn'e lives just out side Hucknall near Linby and from what i can tell i think they are all looking after each other (that's neighbours) so  I'm sure she will be ok. 

Thanks 

Thanks Brew i am going to phone this morning to see how he is. 

My daughter in law Nina work's at the QMC so that's another NHS worker who won't be able to go to work, all though the work she doe's there will probably be put on the back burner for now.

Thanks also to HSR for feed back like

My wife Margaret has developed a dry cough, she is also short of breath and has hot flushes. We have checked the NHS website and it advises us to self isolate so this is the most sensible thing to do. We will be busy now doing all the jobs in the house that have needed doing. If anyone else has these symptoms hope you stay indoors.

Thinking of you both, Den.  Hope Margaret's symptoms will turn out  to be innocent xx

• Like 1

I wouldn't know if I got it apart from developing a temperature. Having severe COPD for years, coughing and shortness of breath is just part of life especially in the mornings.

My ritual on waking is to go on my nebuliser for ten minutes and take breathing excercises...only afterwards am I able to get dressed.

By ten oclock my breathing has settled enough to enable me to get on with household chores with some semblance of normality.

Living alone with no nearby relatives I have no problem of avoiding others.

Don't want to be a harbinger of  doom and gloom but its possible the emergency could go on much longer than the predicted few months.A video on UTube.... SECRET HISTORY KILLER FLU ..regarding the 1918 pandemic  (made before this outbreak) shows just how serious these pandemics can become.

Poohbear, How are you getting food and other supplies as you should be staying at home all the time?  Are you ordering from online supermarkets?   We have a doorstep milk delivery which also delivers milk, eggs, yoghurts,  cheese, butter and bread.  Is there anything like that where you live?  Stay safe x

• Like 1

Mary I hope these symptoms don't come to anything. Thinking of you and your family.

4 hours ago, denshaw said:

My wife Margaret has developed a dry cough, she is also short of breath and has hot flushes. We have checked the NHS website and it advises us to self isolate so this is the most sensible thing to do. We will be busy now doing all the jobs in the house that have needed doing. If anyone else has these symptoms hope you stay indoors.

Denshaw sorry to hear of your wife's symptoms but hope they don't get any worse. Hot flushes are normal for us women at a certain age. Has she got a temperature? Our alarm is temperature of 37.5. In fact last night I felt very warm and had a bit of a dry throat, so took my temperature 36.5. Fine this morning. Not particularly worried because I'm always at home.

There used to be an advert on tv, saying if you've had a cough for more than three weeks, see your doctor.

Well, I've had a bloody cough for over three years. Always been a dry, thickly cough, but never got any worse.

Put it down to my Ramipril side effect and hiatus hernia.

Apart from that, greetings from the Lewes Lepers.

7 hours ago, denshaw said:

Stay safe mate. It sounds bad with the symptoms as I have them myself and I am self-isolating. I hope your wife just stays with those symptoms and doesnt get worse. 

To be honest I feel as rough as a badgers bum. This pandemic is serious. 

• Like 2

Thinking of you MD and hoping you'll soon start recovering x.  btw, how rough IS a badger's bum?  

• Like 1