• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

The children could also suffer by living under the same roof as an unvaccinated parent. It is, in the main, those people who choose not to be vaccinated that are taking up the hospital beds and, in many cases, dying for their principles. A lot of people just don’t realise the seriousness of the situation. They don’t listen to Radio 4 in the morning or read a newspaper. Many don’t even comprehend English.

‘The sins of the fathers are to be laid upon the children.’ As it says in the Bible.

45 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

The sins of the fathers are to be laid upon the children.’

Wasn't that Shakespeare paraphrasing the Bible?

No, they don't use the same words which is why I said 'paraphrase', same meaning though… even unto the fourth generation

Latest stupidity. No vax covid sufferer refused to be intubato and consequently died. He was setting an "example to other no vax"

Another one infected with covid went into a supermarket with mask at half mast infecting at leisure. Apparently proud of her act and published it on facebook. No doubt she will be fined and all the rest....if she lives.

I was at teacher training college with a Jehovah's Witness. Nice enough girl and apparently very intelligent as she had a good degree in the sciences. I felt sorry for her as she was very isolated and the other students on the course avoided her. We were placed together on our first teaching practice which was in the second half of the autumn term. Being a musician, I was roped in for taking choir practice/playing the piano and teaching the carols for the carol service. My JW colleague would have nothing to do with it which went very much against her on her teaching practice assessment.

Many JWs have careers in the sciences and, presumably, have some understanding of virology. It seems that there are certain areas and topics where they literally 'switch off'. I noticed this happening with my fellow student; almost as though the shutters came down. Very strange. Brainwashing, I suppose. As a person, she was lovely and I thought it was very mean of the others to eschew her as they did.  She was never going to influence my beliefs but perhaps they feared she might influence theirs.

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Latest stupidity. No vax covid sufferer refused to be intubato and consequently died. He was setting an "example to other no vax"

Another one infected with covid went into a supermarket with mask at half mast infecting at leisure. Apparently proud of her act and published it on facebook. No doubt she will be fined and all the rest....if she lives.

I'm, currently banned from posting on Facebook for a couple of days,  because of their utterly bizarre algorithms.

It seems that a post from me accusing Q Anon supporters/believers and anti vaxxers of being gullible is 'harrassing and bullying'.  Oddly, it doesn't seem to be harrassing and bullying when those nutjobs call us 'sheeple'.  I appealed the decision to no avail and then tried to appeal to the 'Supervisory Board' or whatever but was unable to log in to it.  Ridiculous. So next, I posted to the 'Support Centre' asking what is bullying or harrassing about 'gullible' but also asking why it is that you get booted off and told that nobody can see your post (including yourself), so that you don't even get the option to remove or modify your post. I also pointed out that 'gullible is not racist, sexist, threatening, defamatory etc. I've had no reply.

My next move willl be to greate a public post to ask what is wrong wiith using the word 'gullible' in 'robust' discussion.  Probably get me banned for life...

Good basis for a conspiracy theory. There is nothing wrong with the word gullible but QAnon  have such a long reach and influence that any derogatory post is removed and the author banned...

• Like 1

Good basis for a conspiracy theory. There is nothing wrong with the word gullible but QAnon  have such a long reach and influence that any derogatory post is removed and the author banned...

That'll be it Jim!!! :Shock:

I’m not sure you should be getting your Covid advice & information or any information off Facebook @nonnaB& @DJ360It’s for the gullible :crazy: turn the news off, stop buying & readings those newspapers & life will become oh so much sweeter & you might live slightly longer? 

Red, I think I can spot bull**** when I see it.  I don't read papers, and I do watch the News on the telly, though with  healthy dose of scepticism about the BBC and its editorial choices.

I'm not sure walking about with my fingers in my ears and my head in the sand is conducive to a life..much less a long one.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

@DJ360  how long do you have to stay in Facebook ‘jail’ ?

It's down to 27 hours now Margie, but I don't seem to be getting any time off for Good Behaviour.

If that was done to me Col.,I'd towd 'em to stuff it and stuck to NS or WhatsApp. But then again, that's my humble opinion and I don't use FB anyway.

Sorry RR youve got the wrong person. I don't have FB. Many of these

" news" are here and not in UK . Sorry but youve got such a flippant attitude towards covid. No one wants it rammed into them but it exists and I think a bit more attention to its progress should be taken a bit more seriously. No one really wants to hear about levels and deaths but its reality. Fortunately I live in a country that is doing what is required to curb the infection even though our numbers have increased, but I have noticed that other countries including UK are following our examples.

These increases in cases has been brought about by no vax demonstrating in tens of thousands. Interviewed in tv many are dying and begging people to be vaccinated and you can see how ill they really are. If they dont want the vaccine then thats their right  albeit a foolish one. You got vaccinated so you must have been a bit concerned. ???

Do you live in a little bubble where you cant see out.? And thankyou I do have a very sweet and contented life.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Owd Boris can't do right for wrong If he'd brought in restrictions people would moan & if he didn't people would moan, not his biggest fan, but credit where credits due for not over reacting like Wales and Scotland.

Happy New Year President Johnson :victory:

On a different level to what is happening in the UK, here in South Australia sadly we have just had our 5th death. It is not yet sure if the death of a 94 year old woman was with or of Covid. However, it was the loved one of families that are now mourning her loss. We had just shy of 1,000 cases today and have had 5,238 cases since the state government stupidly opened our borders on 23 November despite our hospitals, ambulance services and testing capability being woefully under prepared and resourced and the health professionals advising against it.

We have moved from protecting the people to protecting the government and the "system" by scaling back testing and quarantine levels because the "system" was not coping with the rules made by the government?

Personally I am pi$$ed off that due to the Federal governments incompetence and failure to plan and order sufficient doses of vaccines I received two doses of the AZ vaccine, which we now find is giving us very little protection after 4 months. We are due our booster which will be Pfizer in 9 days. Until then we are keeping a low profile. Who knows what comes next? A booster every three months?

We have the opportunity to rid ourselves of the incompetent conservative side of government at both State and Federal levels with elections in Q1 and Q2 next year. I hope the people of Australia and South Australia remember when it comes time to cast their votes.

46 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

I received two doses of the AZ vaccine, which we now find is giving us very little protection after 4 months.

There are a myriad of reports on the vaccinations effectiveness and results depend on the tests and how the data is collated.

This from Australia:

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/evidence-indicates-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-covid-va

What really, really gets up my nose (apart from a test swab!) is the sheer irresponsibility and cockiness among the younger generation who take delight in not wearing a mask knowing that there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

Went to the arena last night to watch the ice hockey and most of the spectators were complying with the requirement to wear a mask. However a certain “element” seemed hell-bent on sneering at everyone else.

Three young men sat behind me - no masks at all. Not eating or drinking all night and impervious to my “hard stares”! What’s the odds on three guys sitting together, all exempt?

Three teenage girls dancing on the steps, right next to a steward. At the end of the evening I politely (because I realise how powerless he is) asked why he said nothing to them. He replied that they were exempt. I then asked him why, if they were exempt, was one wearing her mask underneath her chin! Poor guy just shrugged.

Why do these people think they are so “cool” and funny? 

• Like 1

They'll revise their opinion of themselves when they fall foul of Covid, AG. Many young, unvaccinated people have died of this virus. Apparently, some were heard on their death beds expressing the wish that they'd done things differently.

Ah, the power of hindsight.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brew said:

There are a myriad of reports on the vaccinations effectiveness and results depend on the tests and how the data is collated.

Brew, that report is from May 2021, the latest data from HIQA Dec 2021 indicates that for over 65's the efficacy of AZ drops to as  low as 36% after 6 months.