3 hours ago, Brew said:

Colly apart from feeling like crap and suffering the dreaded marmalade sandwiches, have they given you any other treatment? We hear lots about Covid but little about the treatment, if any.

I phoned my cancer nurse as I finished radiotherapy 5 weeks ago & she advised me to just take co-codamol & ibuprofen which seems to ease it a bit, she said time will heal it. It feels just like I have a bad cold, my wife seems almost back to normal today.... I'm having some chicken in white sauce & mashed spuds, a bit better than marmalade init? Lol... 

Thanks Cliff ton, Stavo girl & Margie

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Colly hope you will feel better soon. It seems we are hearing more and more of people that have Covid. Today my daughters waitress has it but she should be out of isolation wednesday so will be able to work all being well after a couple of tests before my daughter opens again after the christmas and new years break. 

News tonight , over 50's vaccine is obligatory. Theyve been thinking about it for long enough.

• Like 1

Going to get our booster shots today amid Omnicron running rampant throughout Australia except WA who kept their borders firmly shut. Due to the failure of the Federal Government to plan and act in a timely manner they have decided that a rapid antigen test (lateral flow) positive now does not need a confirmatory PCR test. One outcome of this is we will not know how many people are infected as there is no system in place for reporting positive rapid antigen tests (RAT)

There is a shortage of RAT test kits as our Federal polliewaffles in Canberra have yet again failed the people of Australia. Luckily? Omnicron  appears much less severe than the Delta strain. Regardless of this it is another Omnishambles brought to you by our conservative Federal Government, this time aided and abetted by many State Governments who had previously done so well followed the mantra of "we must open up" and now have morphed into "Let it Rip".

To all those who catch covid I wish a speedy recovery and to those who have and will lose loved ones my heartfelt condolences.

• Like 1

Has anyone else (besides me) had an email supposedly from the NHS asking you to apply for a Covid travel certificate? It is to allow European travel. Personally I don't need European travel but in any event it looks phishy. You have 12 hours to accept

These days we have to be very careful of those sort of emails. A while ago I ordered some articles from UK supposedly delivered in 2-3 weeks. They didnt arrive so contacted the vendor, wait they said until I was fed up with waiting and said I wanted a refund but they offered me that or a replacement. I opted for the replacement. It finally arrived ( the original) but had to pay customs duty on it. ( thanks Brexit) The items were expensive to start with plus € 18 duty.  The replacement parcel has yet to arrive but I will not accept it so will RTS. 

I had been receiving at least 4 emails a day since well before christmeas that a parcel is going to be delivered and " grazie" your parcel will be delivered..... etc all these emails went into my junk mail. I did follow one link , much to my husbands dismay. It asked for money € 4 + and other amounts. Thinking it was a scam I carried on ignoring them. After I received my original pack these emails stopped so maybe that was the pack I was expecting. But I was being safe? Now these messages have started again because I think the replacement pack is being held up in customs. Have now said I will not order anything online that has to come from UK. But today or should I say yesterday I ordered from Amazon then today found out its coming from UK. I should have looked , its arriving 19th so looks as though that will have to go back RTS.

17 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

Has anyone else (besides me) had an email supposedly from the NHS asking you to apply for a Covid travel certificate? 

If you do the thing of hovering your mouse over the sender, where has it come from ?

It seems to be legit. I have just followed the link and it takes you direct to NHS main website. It is purely for foreign travel. The link in the email takes you here:  https://grupo-rh.com/.home/nhs.gov.uk/confirm-appointment.php?action=confirm-booking&inviteID=lbuEBAZztMDKWwNQPUQrDPxTAzACLfiGNGGcVgQsNIIVGWaVwD

NO.

Still fake.

2 clues;

The NHS UK don't use the term Covid travel certificate

NHS UK call it a PASS

And the NHS would not give a deadline

NHS Northern Ireland do use the term

I've just sorted out all the tests / bookings / paperwork etc required to travel to Spain /from Spain for a couple of friends and Covid travel certificate  doesn't ever get mentioned.

It may appear identical to the NHS site but it's all fake to con people into parting with money, well actually parting with Card details that can be used or sold on elsewhere.

It will also ask for other personal info "to confirm your identity"

• Like 2

Why would the NHS contact random people? As Stuart says it's got to be a scam to obtain personal details. It's just like the other 'we were unable to deliver a parcel' scam. There are lots of online scams and, sadly, lots of gullible people - especially we oldies. :ohmy:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

It seems to be legit. I have just followed the link and it takes you direct to NHS main website. It is purely for foreign travel. The link in the email takes you here:  https://grupo-rh.com/.home/nhs.gov.uk/confirm-appointment.php?action=confirm-booking&inviteID=lbuEBAZztMDKWwNQPUQrDPxTAzACLfiGNGGcVgQsNIIVGWaVwD

The clue about it being a fake is in that link. 

It starts with //grupo-rh.com/      That is nothing to do with the genuine NHS site.

• Like 1

Cliff Ton beat me to it but it is definitely a scam.

https://grupo-rh.com

It may well be a 'secure' site (the s of https) but it is certainly not the NHS.  Next is /.home (there wouldn't usually be a full stop before the word home).  The next bit hints at NHS (nhs.gov.uk) but the NHS is just nhs.uk.

Grupo-RH.com appears to be based in Mexico.

Fraccionamiento Club Deportivo, Calle Segunda Cerrada de Lomas del Mar CP 39690 Acapulco de Juárez, Mexico

Something to do with financial services

• Like 3

Yesterday and overnight we were in London with 10 other couples, all old friends, the men have had an Investment Club for the past 24 years and twice a year the WAGs are invited for special events ……. we have a garden party at one member’s Manor House in the Summer and in January we stay in London and pull in a show and meal. Last year was messed up with Covid and this year’s trip was a bit touch and go until the last minute.  We all did Lateral Flow Tests yesterday morning before setting off for London , all tested Negative except the member who’d been organising the trip for the past few months!  Felt so sorry for this couple but I do wonder whether if they took the test later in the day it would be Negative.   
London seemed very quiet and very few guests staying in our hotel, maybe because tourists are not coming to the UK, but we WERE in The Dorchester though!  

Saw the photos on Facebook - very nice!  Pleased you had a good time.  

I’m a bit puzzled as to why the man’s test might have been negative if he’d done it later in the day, though.  Am I missing something?

Margie, I’m going on what a friend told me today that she’d seen something on TV or Internet that one can take a LFT several times in the same day and each time the result can be different.  I was relieved ours was negative  and wouldn’t have risked having another go at it!  Our 19 year old grandson has tested positive again. No symptoms.   He was isolating  for 10 days in August.  This virus is getting ridiculous now, the economy is being wrecked by what is now nothing worse than a bad cold.  Will this mean that every time someone has a cold they have to self-isolate?  Our sons’ company had the normal construction industry 2 week shut-down for Christmas and New Year, opened up again on Tuesday and lots of employees are not in work ‘due to Covid’.  Businesses and the economy can’t go on like this.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

This virus is getting ridiculous now, the economy is being wrecked by what is now nothing worse than a bad cold.

Lizzie, I suspect it is more than 'a bad cold' that is killing around 150 people per day, hospitalising thousands etc.   Ok, most of those dying seem to be unvaccinated, but not all.

It does seem that the Omicron strain is less virulent, but we are not out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

Yet 450 people are dying each day due to cancer,lack of early diagnosis & treatment. Never mind heart disease & many other serious ailments.

Omicron variant is no more than a cold. Workers are self isolating just to get a paid break. My lad kept taking the test Christmas week until he got a positive result.

Ten days off at Christmas with pay, no questions aked when he was down for working. HAPPY DAYS. Not a sneeze or sniffle in sight.

Agree Catfan it does feel like a very bad cold. I seem to be worse that my wife & friends who have also tested positive, wondering if it's because I had radiotherapy a few weeks ago & am on ADT treatment for my prostate cancer, cancer nurse didn't seem to know. Did a test earlier today & the T line was solid, my wifes T line was very faint so presume she's coming to the end. I'll be glad when I come to the end as fed up of feeling grob & being in covid prison... 

There is always the possibility that vaccinations are reducing the severity of Omicron, it seems most of those needing hospitalisation are not vaccinated.

This does not mean it is not a serious threat, even if there is an element of over reaction. I'd rather that than no reaction at all.

Those who go blasé without a care in the world  not wearing a mask will, when it's all over, be the first to say “see I told you so”, let's hope they live long enough to crow about it.

Some say the masks are not necessary or even useless, quite what evidence they base the opinion on I don't know. Nor do I know  for sure if they're right or not, what I do know is it's a minor inconvenience to wear and it may help

• Like 4

@colly0410 sorry you’re still feeling a bit grotty, also that you’re not showing negative yet (but you’re only on day 4 or 5 I think?). As I said previously, our grandson wasn’t clear until day 10 !

I hope you’ll be able to leave your ‘Covid prison’ in a few more days x

• Like 1

Due to an hospital addmission  I had to have a covid test, last appointment for going into hospital was canceled. The first covid test came though the post, compleated it and sent back, as opp been canceld had to wait to be contacted for another opp date. One came though and the young lady told me that she would order transport, when text came though regarding transport it seemed that this time i had to go to the city hospital for my covid test.  Told the girl that it said not to use taxi's but she said it was ok as they had arranged it. Now I must live about 5/7 miles from the city hospital what must cost be to NHS? the driver was excellent followed all health and safety. Just talking to him about his job what he told me i could not get my head sround it, yes his firm have contract with NHS, but the other week he had to go to Skegness and pick someone up for a covid test bring them all the was to the city hospital then take them back again. He also did another job same but from Mablethorpe. 

Now doe's this make any sence to you?

I just found it unbelievable.

• Like 1

Apart from giving England a beating in the Ashes we have now taken over the lead in the covid stakes.

If we adjusted Australia's population to that of the UK our covid infections would be running at 303,000 per day.

All due to the State Premiers following the Prime Ministers mantra of "for the sake of the economy we must open up". Well, hospitals are really struggling, cases in ICU are growing, increasing numbers are on ventilators and sadly more are dying.

Many are now scrambling to try and get the genie back in the bottle by re-imposing restrictions that should not have been taken away in the first place.

Not one of these bastards has had the decency to say to those who have lost loved ones "Sorry we got it wrong"

West Australia which still has its' lockdowns in place had 1 case yesterday not the 50 or 45 thousand that some states had. Please don't comment about WA's isolation as it is not relevant as Tasmania who had all but eliminated Covid as it was isolated by the Tasman Sea now has over 2,200 cases. It will be interesting to see if WA opens its borders on FEB 5th as planned.

• Like 1

I received a letter on Thursday telling me I should get a fourth jab. I am listed as clinically vulnerable. Yet the news this morning is saying 4th jabs will not be required. Even though I’ve had and continue to have a pretty bad time since I caught covid in September last I don’t think I will have any more jabs for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1