• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Ah,, I Googled the name of both Dolores Cahill and the interviewer and it appears the interviewer's videos normally get removed.

There's still another version on another Youtube link, I won't bother posting it.

11 hours ago, nonnaB said:

If you find this topic uncomfortable I will refrain posting

Nonna.  I'd prefer it if people who find the topic uncomfortable just refrained from reading it.  Your posts are not only informative, but I suspect somewhat cathartic for you too.

There are numerous threads on here which I don't read. I don't object to them.. but if they are discussing something which has no relevance to me.. I don't read them.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

Well I got sick of reading this thread.  Bit like watching TV news where all news reporters know better than professionals in the medical field.

Fould's was on Market St! Possibly as late as '92

Definitely deserves a second look..

GJ agreed, we are all concerned about this virus and it won't go away sweeping it under the carpet. When I've posted about it , it's like talking to a friend who is also worried. I wonder sometimes , no not sometimes all the time how others are coping. It's a bit like talking about the weather. No doubt today all the conversations will be about the violent storm we had last night and how the sun has got the cheek to appear in all it's splendour this morning saying, "look what the storm did last night hahaha "

It would be interesting to hear what other countries are doing and how they feel about it. Well we are in a predicament, everything going as it should and as I said before some silly fools have probably disobeyed the rules and have increased our new cases. That's criminal.

Everyone in Italy is awaiting Monday when they can reopen but that's not going to happen here. Some of the things that are going around sound like it's the beginning of ww3. Mostly restaurants will suffer more because of the stupid rules . Beaches are restricted to 4 mts between umbrellas but one beach in Liguria is a small beach so they've allowed it to have only 3 mts between umbrellas. Why can't they reduce the distance between tables in a restaurant. What's good for the goose is good for the gander....no?

I think the govt should make restaurant restrictions according to restaurant size. Then probably they would be happier at least it would show that they are concerned for owners. The govt have no idea how to manage a hairdressing salon, a beach, a gym or a restaurant . Let them try to work in those conditions.

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

I think the govt should make restaurant restrictions according to restaurant size.

A momentous day here in South Australia. We currently have no active cases of Covid 19. The last case reported was one person on 7 May. There had been no cases for 14 days before that and none since. Can we say we have beaten it yet? The firm answer is NO, as there are bound to be more cases surface as testing is now available to all who think they need it. We have tested over 75,000 people and currently testing around 1500 people per day.

Police are actively checking those who are supposed to be self isolated and continue to issue fines.

Businesses are being allowed to open but must comply to total distancing guidelines. Restaurants/pubs are allowed to serve meals to up to ten people but can do multiple sittings. Like nonnaB I wonder who came up with that magic number as ten people in our larger pub dining rooms and bistros would hardly cover the cost of opening the doors or more importantly keeping the beer cold.

The restaurants, pubs and clubs are fully open in the Northern Territory but individual patrons can only stay for a session of two hours. Could go up there for a beer or two but would still have to self isolate for two weeks, hardly worth it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, HSR said:

Fould's was on Market St! Possibly as late as '92

7 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

I'm pretty sure Foulds was Derby only long before '92. I'll stand corrected if I am wrong tho'

I'm trying to work out how any reference to Foulds Music Shop got into this thread. It seems to be the answer to a question I can't find.

OZ today there's a meeting to finally decide SD in the restaurant trade. Don't know who it is but they think it's stupid the distances customers have to keep. If restaurants don't open they aren't going to buy food to serve. That affects shops and suppliers in turn that will affect other jobs and where will we all end up?

Hope they manage to convince the govt. they certainly don't agree with them.

Nonna, I think this is what everyone is concerned about re restaurants.

It was a Restaurant in what was Canton in HongKong on Jan 24th, where 1 infected person spread the virus to 9 other people in 1 go.

The spread was caused by the Air conditioning blowing the droplets around.

Person A1 was asymptomatic and had travelled from Wuhan.

The dates show when when others showed symptoms.

Tables were 1mtr apart but several of the infected diners were more than 2 mtrs apart.

n5aM0dW.png

I'd be wanting the chief, waiter, cook, cock "n" bottle washer tested daily/hourly before handling & cooking my snap.

We always ate out over the weekends until this, I believe a lot may have rejuvenated their love of cooking?

I will be giving pubs & restaurants a wide berth for a while after this is allover.  

Stuart yes like that you can imagine how quickly 1 person can spread the virus to other people. In January there wasn't the knowledge or understanding we have today 4 months later. The precautions that have to be in place before restaurants and bars open are very strict and feel sure that restaurateurs are aware what they are to do to protect themselves as well as their customers. I appreciate what you're saying and it's a delicate situation between trying to do what we are advised and forced to do but needing to get back to work. If everyone can open on Monday many just will not be ready to open, or will not open, as there are so many things to do. Doubt we will be able to open as cases are increasing mainly due to Lombardy. In any case we have to accept what comes.

• Upvote 1

Been on to the Home Office today about asking for a visa extension for my wife. As usual I got the routine stuff about each case is evaluated individually. This is a big difference from just a big NO. I sent every document I could think of in support of this. 

British Airways are being decent too. Airmiles (Avios) accepted now. Believe it or not, with avios, it will cost 55 pounds to get her on a flight from Moscow. They are asking for proof of a quarantine address. No problem there. 

I will get her back.

• Like 9

Wishing you all the very best of luck MD., have been reading your posts, both with interest and concern.

Let's hope it won't  be long mate. Stay safe....Beekay.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Wishing you all the very best of luck MD., have been reading your posts, both with interest and concern.

Let's hope it won't  be long mate. Stay safe....Beekay.

Thank you from my heart. In these rather crappy times, I deeply appreciate the support given.It is hugely important. It keeps me going. I will not forget it either. It brings us closer. 

The thing that tears me apart is that there is nothing I can do. Been following NonnaBs dilemma as well and it makes you feel so bloody useless. Can only offer moral support and a silent prayer.

Nowt to do with Nottingham, I know.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Beekay said:

The thing that tears me apart is that there is nothing I can do. Been following NonnaBs dilemma as well and it makes you feel so bloody useless. Can only offer moral support and a silent prayer.

Nowt to do with Nottingham, I know.

We are from Nottingham, it is our home city, and no matter where we find ourselves, we are Nottinghamians. Beekay, just being there is doing something, and more important than you realise at this moment. 

• Like 1

BK you are a kind caring man and certainly not useless.  I'm sure  people appreciate your moral support as you write to them on here x

• Like 3

Margie, I ain't forgot, I still owe you and Paul a Wroxham coffee. Will you take a rain check?

• Like 1

MD. I'm so happy for you. I hope her return will be soon. I wish you all the best and every happiness in the future.

• Like 1

BK we are all helpless but it's occasions like this that bring us together. There will always be discussions, sometimes heated but when it comes to sadness we are all for each other. Thankyou for being there.

• Like 2

Had a call earlier from NHS Blood Transfusion Service.

I’ve been invited to take part in the Covid-19 Convalescent Plasma trial, where they take blood plasma and extract antibodies to treat those who have the virus. Booked in for a week on Monday for them to take about a pint.

I can but hope something good will come of it.

https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/covid-19-research/research-and-trials/

• Like 2