• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Mine is the 1 - 21 February. Did it a few days ago and it was end of January to middle of February so possibly will end up being beginning of summer?

Don’t blame Europe for banning UK residents from travelling abroad. Something we should have done when we were low and Europe was starting to escalate possibly? It might focus minds more hopefully but am not holding my breath. Also wasn’t it obvious when the tier 4 was going to be put into place that there would be an exodus of people from London etc. Human nature to get away from a threat, just have to hope it doesn’t seed it throughout the country although I read that there are odd cases throughout the country anyway. 
Lockdown looming again? Also seen a statistic that 1 in 40 secondary school children are infected, can’t remember the primary school one. Bit alarming that as I have agreed to invigilate in January for the exams. It will be one on one (scribing) and I will be able to wear a mask, be socially distanced and have a screen between us. Starting to wonder if I have done the right thing though.

I see there is a new strain appeared in South Africa which is more transmittable but also is more severe in the younger generation. It certainly is a tricky little b****r isn’t it:ninja:

A friend of ours had the jab last week, he’s only 76 with no underlying health issues but he snook in early because he happens to own a football stadium and offered his facilities to be used for Covid testing and vaccinations.  

• Like 1

It is a bit akward BK as they were so relieved when I said I would do it, I had already said no to retakes in December being in a room with 7 - 10 pupils.  I can wear my mask and face shield and the first 2 will be when only certain pupils can be there before the testing starts. I will see how safe I feel and if I am not happy will stop, they do know I am in the vulnerable category because of my age (although I must admit I don’t feel vulnerable or elderly for that matter!) 
There are more in February, although I have a feeling we could be Tier 4  (Peterborough is only 60 miles away and they have the new strain there) or even in lockdown by then, and then more in March. Will have to play it by ear. Of course I could have had the vaccine by then, who knows, but will see what happens. 

Looking @ the infection rates & where we are now, wearing masks & social distancing total waste of time  :crazy: 

We need to learn to live with it & rely on your bodies immune system, we will be in the same position this time next year & the year after, it's here to stay, it's going nowhere.

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Looking @ the infection rates & where we are now, wearing masks & social distancing total waste of time  :crazy: 

We need to learn to live with it & rely on your bodies immune system, we will be in the same position this time next year & the year after, it's here to stay, it's going nowhere.

Tell that to the elderly and vulnerable! From a younger and healthy persons point of view you are probably right, albeit a bit uncaring.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

RR what a stupid remark. My daughter received an email from a school friend who is a nurse in Nottingham. She just gone back to work after contracting covid. She said that healthy people don't realize how bad it is. She was so mad with the general "public who don't wear masks"  She wished that those idiots were obliged to work in a covid ward for a month or two , they would soon change their attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just been watching our local news. I really feel sorry for those poor sods, sat in their cabs on the M20 (4,000 approx,) they're stuck where they are with no hot food or drinks or basic toilet facilities. Some of them are foreign drivers trying to get home to their families. What sort of Christmas are they going to have?

I might be still stuck in, but at least I've got a comfortable prison.

• Like 1

Why do we always call the French?  I have been over to france many times and always been made wecome. They have the best wine, food, and more. A friend of mine use to say he hated the French, he had never been to France.  The best thing the French did came up with was Madam Gillotine.

I've got nowt against the French, after all they have Disneyland Paris. I love their "Le Thom cheese. They have a lovely little train in Chamonix, goes up a mountain to a glacier. But the best thing to come out of France.....is Le Tunnel.

B     Have you ever been to Compie'gne  forest. this was were the armistice was signed  11 nov 1918.  The wagon served as the personal carriage of Ferdinad Foch to avoid humiliating Marshall Foch sourght an out of the way location near Paris .   While travaling we  came across this site by accident, all we saw was  a small sign saying history site. When we arrived , at the start of a long road, is a large white dove in flight, and if you close your eyes you can imagen all thoes German soldies marching down this long road.

WELL WORTH A VISIT there is a lot more to this story but must not take up to much space.

Today I had a txt from my doctors surgery giving me a link to follow which was about my health. Clicked on it and saw the word vaccination, great excitement. On reading it it looks like my doctors surgery is going to be doing vaccinations (hooray) as well as Queens Med (who I read did 25 yesterday, yes 25, not  actually rushing them out are they). Upon reading further it told me not to ring about the vaccination (which I hadn’t are people actually doing that?) and that I would be contacted in due course which I expected anyway. 
Pound to a penny it will be the nurses at the surgery doing them, doctors seem very sparse on the ground to say the least!! 

• Like 1