So finally got info about the vaccine plans for St Helens Borough, where it seems all GP surgeries will be collaborating to facilitate vaccination via the St Helens RLFC ground at Langtree Park.

( Sahnds romantic that dunt it.. burritworra mass uv owd glassworks afore... :) )

Next up.. the GP responsible for organising it all put out a WhatsApp video explaining where it's all up to..  Which was nice.

Meanwhile.. the info on my local GP's website still hasn't changed and doesn't even point to the Local Authority info.  I have emailed them to point this out.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

8 hours ago, radfordred said:

Mrs Reds parents had the jab in Nottingham today both late 70s 

Had a second look, thought this was the important coronavirus thread, I'm reading about some Italian piano player in some greasy spoon up Mapperley Top & one of our members backing him playing with his banjo string :crazy:

You really do need to apply for a Moderator post Red..  Your Diplomacy and balanced views equip you perfectly for the role.

• Like 2

Oz, my understanding is, (and may be proved wrong!) when my missus went for her first jab, they check her temp first. If your found to be positive you don't get the jab.

How would you be aware about Covid if as you say unknowingly, had the virus. That would be picked up at the surgery/dispensary. I know that if you attend and show a high temperature, that's it ! you're not getting access.

( There could be hundred, if not thousands wandering about with Covid and not know it).

BK. There seems to be some confusion here about a high temperature meaning you are Covid positive.

Firstly, there are several infections which cause a rise in temperature (eg a cold, flu or chest infection) not just Covid.  Any of these infections may mean it is better to postpone the jab until you are better

Secondly, not everyone who is Covid positive has a raised temperature, cough, loss of taste/smell etc.  This is what asymptomatic 

Regarding your question, Oz, I suppose there is probably no way of knowing what will happen if you have the vaccine while already being C positive.  
oldphil, that was a very good suggestion from the nurse I think.

I think I’m becoming more like a baby these days because my body is not too good at regulating it’s own temperature and reflects the outside temperature too much

....or maybe I’m turning into a reptile (shock horror!)

Margie , thank you for your comment. I, personally have absolutely no idea what the precedents are regarding CV19. I appreciate not all folks show temperature increase. One thing was told to me on Sunday, at the surgery was that if you've had a flu vaccination within the last seven days, you will not be given the Covid jab. This also applies to any other vaccination. So I won't get me Malaria shots for coming to Nottingham just yet.

Just been on Nottinghamshirelive and they have a list of vaccination centres. Seems like mine will be Cripps Medical Centre which is somewhere near the university I think. I see the Bracebridge Drive Surgery has been mentioned on here but it isn’t on the list at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

Just been on Nottinghamshirelive and they have a list of vaccination centres

For anyone who wants to battle their way through the adverts, this is it.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/nottinghamshire-vaccination-centres-hubs-covid-4882127

I have visions of American Gang members giving the vaccinations. Is it red or blue they wear, would hate to go in the wrong colour:(

Just had an update on my phone that Asda has been picked to give vaccinations. Think it is only the ones with pharmacies in them though so not Strelley then!

Chris is at hospital  just now having a chest xray to see if the virus has done any damage to his chest. He still has a dreadful cough and can't do any exertion without getting breathless.

While he was gone I decided to tidy my wardrobe:Shock: but by the time I had put away our breakfast crocks and decrumbed the carpet, I too have had to collapse on to the sofa , really breathless. First day of the virus was the 10th Nov ( a date I will never forget) we are still far from healthy. I sometimes wonder if we ever will be again. 

No cycling since October, but we are not really allowed anyway just now. It would be impossible to stay within our locality. A mile on a cycle is gone before you realise, and for the people who push the limits they should be ashamed.

We are trying short walks, but I moan all the while we are out, never was a favourite of mine.

Got to go and put the kettle on, Hubbs is on his way home. Look after yourselves every one, it is even more risky out there now. 

I'm staying in!:)

• Like 1

Hope everything is ok with your husband carni. Im so sorry you are both still having after effects of this covid. I wish more people would listen to its effects and after effects, they would probably think twice about going out and not social distancing. The rules are there for a reason however slowly they work but unless someone has a magic wand the cases will still rise out of proportion. We thought months ago we were in a good situation but along came Christmas and new year and then people are fedup so the number of new cases rise.

Stay safe and well and dont overdo it Carni.

• Like 1

Just hoping that there is no permanent damage to Chris's lungs Carni. Also hoping that one or two on here are taking notice of your experiences and behave accordingly like most do.

Looking on the bright side towards Summer - it would be a great pleasure if you and Chris could come over here to try out our local towpaths on the T&M - and the pubs of course :biggrin:.....and my new courtyard and patio.   

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

Looking on the bright side towards Summer - it would be a great pleasure if you and Chris could come over here to try out our local towpaths on the T&M - and the pubs of course :biggrin:.....and my new courtyard and patio.  

Sounds like a plan. Thankyou PP, something to look forward to. I never could resist a new Courtyard and Patio. Better get my mud guards polished then.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Only just logged on Carni and would like to wish you both a speedy FULL recovery. What you’ve gone through these past couple of months has been frightening for you and your family and a real eye-opener for us reading about your health issues.  Take care both of you x

• Like 1

Thanks carni for all the posts about your experiences with Covid.  It had helped me understand how bad things can be.  Pleased you are able to go out for very short walks now.  Love to you both xx

• Like 1

Carni I didnt realise that you and Chris were still suffering as much, my thoughts go out to you both and with the warmer weather on its way soon, I hope , you will be ready on your bikes to ride to Birds.

• Like 1