• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

When I went to The Forest for my jab I was asked for my letter which luckily I had received the day after I booked and had taken with me as I was told I would be asked for it. Don’t know if it is still the same now or not.

I won't be booking untill I've had the letter.

They tightened up a couple of weeks ago on the checks after non healthcare and underage people were booking through the Healthcare workers link which doesn't have age limits on it and doesn't ask for proof of eligibility.

That's not the same link as posted on here a few times as that had the age limit built in.

My 75 year old mate and his neighbour both had to show their letters a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

Don't think we'd be allowed to book for the jab. We have to have letters of recommendation, prescriptions and approval before we can get anything, then we go where we please ( tests, exams etc) so we have to wait for the doctors to ring us for our appointments. The health service is strict.

• Like 1

Wonder if they queued up outside the local sports hall with the rank & file :rolleyes: Interestingly they did not say which vaccine owd Charles & Camila where given? 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-prince-charles-and-camilla-receive-their-first-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-12214024?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

We got our jabs last night. What a set-up where we went! The football stadium here in Glendale has 24-hour vaccinations. Hubby finally got an appt on-line for last night, 11.42pm. Mine was for Saturday 10.21pm. But we had heard they sometimes gave the jab to the ride-along too, so thought we'd risk it. I took my appt number along just in case. From electronic signs on the freeway, to the same on the side streets, it is so organised. Once in the parking lot, drive through the zigzagging cones to registration. I told them mine was actually Saturday, she said they might do it anyway, and she also wrote my registration number on the windshield along with hubby's. Moving along we then got in one of the lines of cars (about 10 lines all told)Next someone with an i-pad took details. Move along. Into an open tent where we were vaccinated. They then wrote the time on the windshield, move along again and again a helper waitIng to fill out our cards while we slowly move along. Final tent we are asked how we feel, she looks at the time written on the window, makes sure it's now 15 mins since injection, then waves you off. Must be over 50 workers there, mostly volunteers, making it go so smoothly. I had mentioned in chatting to a worker,  how organised it is, she said the press lauded it as one of the most organised in the country. I looked on line, there is a virtual tour, the Prez watched it, and other football stadiums will do the same set up. Here, they vaccinate between 8 and 9000 folks a day, but could do 12,000 max. You never leave your car throughout,  which will be goid when the hot weather comes. When they gave us our cards, on the back is the 2nd jab, 3 weeks time. 9.45pm.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

I won't be booking untill I've had the letter.

They tightened up a couple of weeks ago on the checks after non healthcare and underage people were booking through the Healthcare workers link which doesn't have age limits on it and doesn't ask for proof of eligibility.

You’re obviously not a rebel Stuart ...... where’s your sense of adventure? If you wait for your letter and eventually get 3 (like many of us did) will you make 3 appointments?   I didn’t take my letter because I hadn’t received one but I did take my NHS card to prove I was me.  Still, it’s not a big issue, if you want a jab you’ll get one eventually. 

Mate of mine gave me a heads up when Swiftqueue clicked over to over 70’s about a week ago. Booked immediately and got jabbed next day. Whilst there I was chatting to a nurse about when it might be that the missus could have hers (she’s 69). She said keep checking, don’t wait for a letter. Noticed yesterday that we’re now on the over 65s, so booked immediately and she had hers today. No queue, straight in, 15 minute wait to check you’re ok, and she was out.

I really wouldn’t wait if you’re  age-eligible, Stuart.

My brother who is 66, asthmatic and has AF, got the nod from a friend and after a bit of searching online, got himself booked into City Hospital for tomorrow for first jab.

Meanwhile.. here in the NW, where we were ahead of the game, the picture seems a bit less clear.  Warrington ( the borders of which are not far from here) is now vaccinating over 65s, but here in the Grand Duchy, which is technically Greater Merseyside, by about 500 metres.. we seem to still be encouraging unvaccinated over 70s to get sorted... and no sign yet of movement on over 65s.

I've had my first and I would like Mrs Col to get at least her first and preferably both before No.2 daughter has her baby in June.  She'll want her Mum to be around safely then.

P.S.  I had my first AZ jab on Thurs 4th.  For the last three or four days I've had a headache.. front and centre.. a bit like a sinus problem.. (which it might well be.... but no sign of infection).

It's bearable without taking anything.. but not pleasant.  Has anyone else with the AZ jab had similar?  I've read that the AZ can cause side effects for up to a week.. which would be today..

10 hours ago, katyjay said:

We got our jabs last night.

Which vaccine did you get Katy?

It is good to see members on here going to get their jabs and the number of infections and deaths falling in the UK.

Meanwhile here in OZ we have not yet received our first shipment of the Pfizer vaccine, the only one currently approved for use in Australia. The government tells us that it will be rolled out in a priority order. The priority sub groups in order of receipt of vaccine  is

Phase 1 Quarantine and border workers, front-line health workers, aged and disability care workers and aged and disability care residents.

Phase 1b Adults aged 80 and over, Adults aged 70-79, Other health care workers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged over 55, Younger Adults with underlying medical conditions or disabilities

High risk workers such as Police, Firefighters, Other Emergency Services, Defence and Meat processing workers?

This seems quite a sensible approach as we have very low levels of covid infections, having said that we have just closed our border to people from Metropolitan Melbourne due to an 8 person spike in a medi-hotel near Melbourne Airport.

Keep safe and well everyone.

• Like 1

Oz, I have former neighbours in Melbourne. Sarah Farnsworth of ABC is their youngest daughter.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/sarah-farnsworth/2804112

Sarah and her family lived opposite us from when this development was built.  She used to look after my kids while I was working and Mrs Col was away in France at Uni.. early 90s.

They usually drop in when they get back over here.. but I wouldn't blame them if they never came back....

Well done Boris.

7 hours ago, DJ360 said:

P.S.  I had my first AZ jab on Thurs 4th.  For the last three or four days I've had a headache.. front and centre.. a bit like a sinus problem.. (which it might well be.... but no sign of infection).

It's bearable without taking anything.. but not pleasant.  Has anyone else with the AZ jab had similar?  I've read that the AZ can cause side effects for up to a week.. which would be today..

Both Paul and I had a mild headache  which started a few hours after our AZ jab, we both were very cold and shivery for a couple of hours during the night and Paul (but not me) felt a bit grotty the following day.  After that we’ve both been fine.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Which vaccine did you get Katy?

Pfizer-BioNTech, to give it its full name.  The alternative is Moderna. Pfizer, the 2nd shot is given 21 days later, Moderna 28 days later. Both are 95% effective. 

• Like 1

Had the headache again today.. but a bit less.  Might be the AZ, might not.. who knows?

A few under 70's round here seem to be getting the call for the jab.. but it's a bit patchy.

The state of Victoria has gone into a five day "circuit breaker" lockdown in an attempt to stem the flow of infection of the UK strain of coronavirus. Does anyone think it strange that we can call it the UK virus but cannot call the original virus the China virus. It is being reported that Biden today has banned calling it the China virus in the USA.

Meanwhile back in Melbourne all Victorians may only leave their homes for four reasons. 

1. To buy essential supplies
  2. Essential work or permitted education
  3. For 2 hours of exercise per day with members of their household or one other person who is not from your household
  4. For essential caregiving

Victorians must stay within 5 kilometres of their home, with the exception of work or another essential reason

Accommodation services will close and cannot take new bookings. Those in accommodationcan stay under lockdown conditions

Tourism and transport will be closed

This methodology has worked successfully in other outbreaks, it remains to be seen if it works with this more virulent strain.

Stay safe and well everyone.