As some of you know, I am a regular poster on a music/hi-fi Forum called Pinkfishmedia.

Pinkfishmedia, attracts people from all over the World and all levels of wealth/occupation.

Our discussion of the Coronavirus outbreak is lively, but we have the advantage of having a few members who have real 'weight' in the world of health and medicine.

1, 'TopOxfordDoc.'  aka Charlie Chan.  This is the guy who noticed that Wilko Johnson of the band Dr Feelgood.. who was on a farewell tour due to 'incureable' cancer.. should already be dead.  He spoke to Wilko. referred him to an oncologist friend and the result was that Wilko was operated on and lived.

2. Tim Jones.  A bit mysterious.. but he works in the Ministry of Health and Social Care at very high level and carefully  puts out stuff which is 'not the view of his employer' and seems to have the 'inside track' on a lot of what is happening.

3. DoctorF.  We disagree violently on politics.. but he knows medicine.

4, Me.. posting as Mullardman.

So.. if you want a view on Coronavirus that might be helpful... have a look here: 

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/coronavirus-the-new-strain.236430/page-64#post-3915184

Also. use the NHS and YouGov sites rather than thecobblers on F'Book.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Well I’ve just been into our local pharmacy to get repeat prescriptions ordered before we go on our hols next week.  I’ve bought 2 ‘proper’ masks for the 10 hour flights, bit pricey at £9.95 each and certainly not very flattering but we might be pleased we’ve got them.  

can't remember where you're going lizzie but be careful. on tv just now they were confirming that symptoms appear between 5 -7 days as my daughter s friend said who's a nurse.

2 hours ago, jonab said:

I would find it difficult to contemplate going anywhere apart from my immediate environs in the present health situation.

Been booked a while jonab and not been advised not to go.  Who knows, in the next few days we may not be allowed to leave the country but meanwhile I am looking forward to some warm sunshine. 

• Like 1

So..  While China appears to be flattening its crisis by imposed quarantine and 'Social Distancing' and while Italy is trying similar..

...We in the UK are 'dealing with' CV largely by ignoring it in the hope that it will go away...

700+ cases in Milan.. so we have 3000 Milan supporters in Liverpool today for the match.  I've been in the Cavern Liverpool on match days and chatted with Dutch, French, German and other Continental supporters, along with Aussie Rugby supporters.  That's not counting the other folk from all over the World who come in and out all day every day. 

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

Cheltenham yesterday, where half of Ireland must have turned out, I can report no masks, toilet facilities, I did think I was going to die in the crush, hand washing, yeah right, use your imagination, happy to report I’m up for work, bright & bushy tailed for my half marathon, sold out Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, told our owner to keep away.

Keep calm & carry on! :crazy:

ESxZOvqXQAA0bd3?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DJ360 said:

so we have 3000 Milan supporters in Liverpool today for the match.

Presumably none directly from Italy due the the restrictions on movement of Italian Nationals and very limited if any Flights out of there?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

So..  While China appears to be flattening its crisis by imposed quarantine and 'Social Distancing' and while Italy is trying similar..

...We in the UK are 'dealing with' CV largely by ignoring it in the hope that it will go away...

700+ cases in Milan.. so we have 3000 Milan supporters in Liverpool today for the match.  I've been in the Cavern Liverpool on match days and chatted with Dutch, French, German and other Continental supporters, along with Aussie Rugby supporters.  That's not counting the other folk from all over the World who come in and out all day every day. 

You couldn't make it up.

DJ it won't go away it's persistent. 

.  I'm so angry that football matches are still being held. What's more important football or life and death of the population. Also how the hell did Italians manage to get into Liverpool? All flights out of here are cancelled. Maybe they've driven up but what controls are there when they arrive and see a foreign targa. Something's wrong somewhere. We're trying our best to keep this disease under wraps but what is the U.K. doing?

I think the government has their heads in sand. Germany only a short, short while ago said " oh we don't have anyone infected" them ....boom ! suddenly they were frightened it would spread and it did.

Wake up and take notice because one day in some way someone you know will either be infected or near someone that is infected.It can happen very easily as I can guarantee with my daughter. Her vet , she visited 28 feb is now in a dangerous condition and is on oxygen. Just think about how quickly he infected others and how many they could infect others. 

I know I've been a bit hasty in writing this post but until you are in the midst of it all you don't realize how it affects your life. Now we had a new decree last that is putting a stop and lockdown on so many other businesses. Restaurants and bars are now closed altogether, we are advised to stay at home and only go out to food shop and collect medication any other outing we must have an auto certification to show why and where we are going. News is showing us various cities that there isn't a soul around. We are desperately hoping that this lockdown will work as it has worked in China.

Listen to what your government tells you to do hoping that they get their heads around the correct way and realize that it won't go away.

• Like 2

Ok.  In reply to all.  A typo on my part.  it was indeed Madrid fans. And it is true that Madrid has reported 700+ cases of CV.

There was local TV discussion about it last night, with local fans saying, in effect 'we're at the other side of the ground well away from them'.  Also no doubt true that a fair few will be living in the UK anyway.. (poor sods.) but those who did travel from the Madrid area no doubt mostly flew in.. and we all know what aircraft cabins are like.  Add in that fans traditionally tend to visit local places of interest before the match.  Such as Cavern Club, assorted pubs,  Docklands attractions etc., etc...etc., etc.

Work it out for yourselves.

• Like 1

Despite the decree of last night it looks as though things will get even tighter.

Can only wish you and all in Italy the very best.

• Like 3

Emmanuel Macron is making a TV appearance tonight to update the French restrictions during the current situation.

It looks like the Cannes Film Festival (12 - 23 Mai) will not go ahead neither will MipTV https://www.miptv.com/ 

The Monaco Grand Prix (21 Mai) is still being prepared for although there is a very good chance of it being abandoned or, at best, postponed.

As mentioned before, these events are of enormous economic importance to the coastal towns and cities down here but, whatever, better to be safer than sorry.

Our own little Fête de l'Oranger is as of now still being advertised as going ahead but it is almost certain to be cancelled. 

• Like 1

Better 14 days as we've been advised. Seven days aren't enough. But at least he's doing something. Good for him.

One of the best things they could do here is to turn off social media comments with regard to Covid 19.

The fact that semi literate numpties believe all they read in "anti social media" fuels misinformation, panic buying and the like.

• Like 3