Brew.  I sincerely hope it turns out to be just a cough. I managed to acquire a humdinger  presumably from the flight as I was in Portugal  a while back. Nearly coughed inside out but came to no lasting harm .

ATB

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Brew sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rough. It's probably only a problem connected with flying, being in hot and cold places.  At the moment we are having really warm weather during the day and it gets cool in the evenings. Often I get up in a morning with a slight cough and sore throat . It passes quickly. Hope so anyway keep safe .

• Like 1

Thank you nonna, the more I consider the symptoms the less inclined I am to think it's CV and more just a bit of a snotty nose and a sore throat.

8 hours ago, Brew said:

You can't panic or bulk buy with a ration card.

Fair point.

Glad to hear it Brew but still be alert. This morning new rules, shopping once a week absolutely no running , biking , walking ,taking baby in pushchair. Heavy fines and 3 months prison in some cases . Drastic? Yes but we have to do it for the sake of ourselves and others.

On 3/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Perhaps the first bit of good news on the subject.....seriously.

Apple had closed their shops in China for the last month, but they've now reopened  because they consider the worst may be over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51870725

Just read on the BBC News website - China has reported no new cases in the last 24 hours. The first time that's happened since it started.

• Like 1

In the last 36 hours I have slept nearly 20 of them. Woke this morning 6:30 and went back to sleep until 10:30. My cough it seems was a temporary thing and so far have not coughed at all today.  yada

Today I is mostly quite cheerful!

• Like 6

Think we're all catching up with sleep, playing games and wondering what to do next:angry:  Good news Brew.

• Like 1

I've just read there are so many people going online at the moment the EU is suggesting ISP's stream films in low resolution or risk slowing the internet down to a crawl.

I have just been out to go to the chemist to pick up my prescription and have a wander round the shops to admire the empty shelves. Got milk but bread is rarer than rocking horse teeth, tea and coffee about the same. There wasn’t any bird stuff for my bird feeders either strangely, unless someone has recipes to use it? 
I wore my mask for the first time, felt a bit silly, but then there was someone else in the supermarket with one as well. Gave each other a thumbs up and queued together at checkout. I did get some strange looks, but better safe than sorry and I have read that there are some who don’t have any symptoms but are still contagious which is quite scary.

Apparently a fight has broken out at the local Asda, this is really bringing out the worst in people, know now why I prefer my dog! Of course the scammers are on to it as well, didn’t take them long did it, I really do despair of some of the human race they really are despicable. 
So now I will be self isolating, just taking Kai out for a walk each day to get some exercise and fresh air. Got loads of pod casts to listen to and plenty of knitting etc. Just wish we knew when it will be over, at least the news from China is better, have to hope the virus doesn’t re-emerge when the lockdown is finally eased there.

Glad your cough has eased Brew, keep safe NonnB and family my thoughts are with you. Be healthy everyone.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I decided to have a go at self isolating, boredom didn't set in as i thought it would, just a bit confused why one box of 'Rice Crispies ' had 6743 and the other box had 6772 in it !!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Brew, if you've not coughed today, you must be using the wrong tobacco. Try smoking yer roll ups with a bit of stone dust or pepper.:rolleyes:

Went to the local farm shop this morning, it's usually quiet. They were only allowing 5 customers in at a time and people had to que outside. Never heard so many moaners because they had to wait. Well done to Bramcote farm shop for taking precautions and staying open and not raising prices.

• Like 1

No time to get bored here. 35 min on the rowing machine this morning and plenty of gardening to do - digging for England! Also lucky enough to have access to lots of quiet fishing venues. I'll be fly fishing on Blithfield reservoir tomorrow - about 4 miles of bank to roam on. No personal contact and plenty of fresh air. The only thing I'm likely to catch is a trout :biggrin:

I do believe that keeping up beat is a healthy thing to do. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Brew, if you've not coughed today, you must be using the wrong tobacco. Try smoking yer roll ups with a bit of stone dust or pepper.:rolleyes:

It's been a year and three mnths since I smoked.......................... and I could kill a ciggy............

• Like 1

Wow thanks Stuart.C I have only been isolating for a week, I am sure in a month or two I may be ready to read it. But in the mean time my wife has many other more interesting things for me to do, but I will save the link or Beekay will read it and give us all a brief resume of it. LOL