• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I think that when Johnson won the election he thought he would ride out the next couple of years on the Crest of his Brexit wave. Didn't sign up for this, but stuff happens.

Heres hoping the various medical/technical teams get their job done and joined up round the world. 

@mercurydancer  I agree he looks worn out.   I've never voted Conservative and never much liked Boris, but I think he's done well as a front man during this crisis.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Also the last PMQS for Corbyn as a life long Labour voter, I'd like to say thank fcuk for that, I'd to see Keir Starmer running the gaff. 

He said:

"If I’m elected leader, I’ll bring the movement together and I’ll retain the radicalism of the last four years."

Did he not learn anything from the last election?

Maybe this should be elsewhere...

That's true CT, this Covid is having all sorts of unexpected effects. At the moment I,m desperately struggling with  an almost overwhelming desire to go outside and jetwash the patio!

• Like 1

As of this moment, there are no reported cases of the Covid 19 virus in Grasse or the surroundings where I live (le BsL) - we are very lucky although we are taking all the precautions dictated by the government which are:-

Go to work, if remote working is not possible;

Go to your local grocery store;

Go to a medical appointment;

Take your children to daycare or to take care of an elderly person;

To work out close to your home.

These are much the same as in the UK, I believe.

On the whole, the locals are behaving very well but, apparently there are some sinister goings-on along the coast where (mainly) the north African population don't seem to be taking situation seriously.

I sympathise with nonnaB having to fear the proximity of virus cases in her village and I have concerns that, being relatively so near to Italy, a similar situation will arise here quite soon.

Had a tearful call to my wife in Russia, she went home and got stranded. She desperately wants to get back to England but there are no flights. She is now suffering from the virus. 

To nonna and jonahb and all friends on this site, keep in touch, it is important. Stay safe. 

I still ent ded

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, md. I don't know quite what the Russian situation is regarding the virus but, they were very keen to keep all information to themselves for quite a prolonged period.

Somewhere else that is proving something of an enigma is the situation in North Korea. It is not wholly surprising that they are keeping things somewhat quiet but it is worrying that nothing all all is coming out, either officially or by leaks. Where is all the bombast that is usually shown by the despotic leadership in that country?

I've only heard a few things about N Korea on the news.

They did have someone with the virus, presumably entering the Country, but isolated them in the early days

They had 100 soldiers with it, strange that as I doubt soldiers are allowed to leave the Country so must have picked it up inside the Country.

They've asked for help obtaining more test kits.

And finally N.Korea fired more test missiles recently, landing in the Sea of Japan.

MD.  so sorry about your wife having the virus - I hope the symptoms  will be mild.   I feel so sad for both of you that she can't get back to England at the moment.   X

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mercurydancer said:

Had a tearful call to my wife in Russia, she went home and got stranded. She desperately wants to get back to England but there are no flights. She is now suffering from the virus. 

To nonna and jonahb and all friends on this site, keep in touch, it is important. Stay safe. 

I still ent ded

So very sorry and upset for you both, it's very hard for you not being near her. We heard yesterday that someone in the village has contracted the virus. I was angry at first that someone could have been so careless. ( although a silly remark) This morning a FB notice was posted by a local retired nurse who said to stop trying to find out who it is. She was getting angry at all the assumptions. 

Stay at home and stay safe. It'll be alright.

3 hours ago, mercurydancer said:

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like MD. I hope it ends well and you are soon reunited...

• Like 4

No doubt in North Korea tens of thousands will die,nothing new for them with the years of starvation and oppression.

And when it's all over no doubt they will claim that 'Our Beloved Leader' is responsible for saving the nation.

Feel really sorry for you MD.  Hope all turns out well.

I knew I shouldn’t watch the News? They are now saying this corona malarkey causes loss of taste, Sunday night takeaway chicken Pathia tasteless :Shock: Mondays pack up, Mexican hot & spicy cheddar & onion sandwich tasteless  :Shock: Yesterdays pack up, beef pastrami & Spanish onion tasteless :Shock: 

I've had very diminished smell and taste for about 20 years or so.  Occasionally, I suddenly smell something like a flower or the lunch cooking.. but not very often.   My brother is the same.

i can taste whether something is salty or sour but can't distinguish actual flavours.  For example, all flavoured crisps taste the same to me.

Over reaction thoughts.

If I drive in my car with my wife to a nice place, let’s say the Peak District and park up, maybe a little walk then what possible harm is that to me you or anyone. If thousands do it then yes, it’s a problem. The police use of drones, putting dye in the blue pool! Ridiculous.

Give anyone a bit of power it will always be abused.