• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I never thought I would wish for rain at a holiday time, but now I wish for torrential rain for at least two weeks. I'm pretty sure it would keep  people at home. So come on rain clouds, we need help. :)x

• Like 1

You might be out of luck carni with that wish, listening to the weather report for UK, looks like it will be a pretty good weekend!!. Lets hope that people use a bit of common sense, although in my experience, sense doesn't seem to be very common. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday we bought our brother in law his usual birthday present of 'Jack Daniels'. only this time I told him it's not to drink but to pour over his hands instead. I wont tell you his reply.........................slywink

• Like 1

The daft thing about the weather is that we've only recently seen the end of the continuous rain which started about September and never eased up.

There are fields near here which were flooded by newly-created lakes and the farmers couldn't get anywhere near them for months. It's only in the last couple of weeks that the flooded fields have completely dried out.

I wonder if this pandemic will be taken as a lesson by those that caused it? If the virus was developed in a lab as many believe, will it change attitudes to what we used to call germ warfare? Oh! it bites back! The Brits were quite advanced with it at one time - anthrax based stuff etc., tested on a Highland sea loch - Griniard island if I remember correctly.   

I'm with you on that one PP. My thoughts exactly, there is too much cover up from China!!. I know we had our moments, but it didn't get to this level. When I inspected a chimney at porton down many years ago i had to wear something that Buzz Aldrin would be proud of before they would let me get to the top of the stack!!

If it did come from the “live” markets in China they haven’t learnt anything, they are open again, business as usual.

5 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

If it did come from the “live” markets in China they haven’t learnt anything, they are open again, business as usual.

Apparently there is some doubt about that now. At least one very early victim has been identified who lived elsewhere. The Wunan market may just have been a place where lots of people congregated close together. Bats may be a more likely source of the virus, though not necessarily directly to humans.

I have no time for his politics or his ambitions, but I hope he recovers from the virus soon.

Sadly, here in South Australia, last evening we experienced our first death from the Corona virus.

I hope that the usual Easter tourists stay away from our coastal area and reduce the risk of bringing the virus with them.

All the local tourist attractions have already ceased operating and many local caravan parks and bakery's have decided to close over Easter to actively discourage visitors. Like many on here I hope it pi$$es down and they decide to go home.

13 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Boris is in Intensive Care

Whilst of course I hope that he recovers along with the other 51,608 who have this terrible virus especially those in Intensive care.

He is  the Prime Minister but I would point out that his life is no more or less important than that of the 5,373 that have already succumbed to this scourge as families mourn their loved ones without having been able to comfort them in their last hours. 

• Like 2