Just been reading the British newspapers and if the behaviour of the so called "covidiots" is as bad and as serious as the press portrays it then I would like to propose a 3 step process to address the problem. I have zero tolerance for anyone that continues this behaviour and ultimately puts everyone at risk.

Step 1 Anyone caught disobeying to social separation guide lines should be fined and then "named and shamed" if the privacy laws prevent this then change the laws.

Step 2 Anyone caught a second time is put on a register to be denied high level care i.e. ICU and ventilators should they catch Covid 19

Step 3 Unfortunately some may die but this will ultimately improve the IQ of the population.

I know that some will see this as controversial but there really needs to be a real consequence of this stupid anti social behavior

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Unfortunately the ones flouting the rules probably don't give a toss about naming and shaming. That is their mentality and as for paying the fines, getting them to pay up would be just as hard. It might appear controversial, but I for one agree with some of your ideas. The only way I can see forward is to get stricter with the rules as other countries have done. I have to admit the things that go through my mind about this virus terrify me, and if I  have to go without freedom for a while because of the thoughtless idiots out there then so be it. Lets do it.

• Like 2

I agree with you all. It's not just here but everywhere . The people who are "unaware???" Of the rules should be hung,drawn and quartered. A bit severe? Yes I agree but look how many are suffering by staying at home and being careful and responsible .Don't they know they are prolonging the return of normality or do they think " we've got the road , park or whatever to ourselves aren't we clever, look at those cowardly individuals who are locked down in their homes." Yesterday we had all the main roads blocked because Easter is the first break after christmas, so everybody HAS to go to the coast, the mountains or just to friends or the park. They (carabinieri) fined 23,000 . Plus goodness knows how many told lies and managed to slip past. The blocks were registering license plates  so hope they get fined too. But as Carni said they probably cant pay anyway so having their transport confiscated would probably pay off in the long run

Don't want to get political but I've been reading some of Trumps ideas, press releases etc and I got so annoyed last night I couldn't sleep. He asked someone don't know who it was if it would be a good idea to let cv just take its course and not do anything so that they could autoimmune themselves.  Not his exact words but that's what he inferred. How is he managing his country, hes so irresponsible, conceited and all the rest. I feel for USA.

That's it folks rant over. Sitting outside it was warm when I came out but there's a wind getting up now so think I'll go in. We managed to sit outside for lunch as we planned also for yesterday but lunchtime was too hot and evening windy

Stay stay at home

4 hours ago, denshaw said:

If someone is contravening the lockdown rules and has unpaid fines confiscate their car. 

Trouble is Den, it's probably not they're car!!, Just do what they do over here, give them a bit of a 'bamboo massage ',  they then toe the line, i can assure you!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Technically the majority didn't. It's a peculiarity of their electoral college system that gave him the presidency.

• Like 1

Just musing about what next year will bring - hopefully post CV.

1. Average age of population will reduce.

2. NHS shortages will shift to midwifery in the new year :rolleyes:

3. Private pension payouts will be reviewed and reduced. Falling income and dividends and not enough reserves for such a catastrophic collapse in the World economy. 

4. NHS will also have to deal with far more alcohol related and mental problems.

5. Increasing social divide will lead to public violence and a 'siege' government.

6. Germany will sort out (dominate) Europe as a result of us having no say. We will be weakened as a result. (they seem to be handling CV far better than us).

7. Families will have had time to review their quality of life and many will change expectations and values.

8. An appreciation of nature and well being will have changed many attitudes. Wildlife will benefit as will the 'nearly' lazy sods that have seen the advantage of keeping fit. True lazy sods won't change.

Well - that's for starters - there is lots more.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1. Though a lot will unfortunately die I doubt the numbers will have a significant effect 

2. I agree but the NHS will ALWAYS have shortages

3. Insufficient reserves in pension pots -  I wonder who we can blame for that? 

4. Probably

5. This is potentially a bomb waiting for someone to light the fuse

6. Germany will lead and France will follow, delighted the damn rosbifs have lost their influence. 

7. The divorce rate will see a rapid rise when couples spend so much time in each others company they can no longer stand the site of their other half

8. An appreciation of nature and well being will have changed many attitudes. Wishful thinking. The failing economy will mean scant regard will be paid to anything other than putting food  on the table

9. The blame culture will have a field day as accusations of missed opportunities and incompetence fly in all directions. Suddenly everyone will have 20-20 vision of what should have been  done and wasn't.

10. The 'special relationship' with America will turn out to be made of straw.

11. China will get the blame - and all the business

12. Societal collapse?...……..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Brew said:

2. I agree but the NHS will ALWAYS have shortages

Only if we cannot agree a taxation system to suit. Why should health be the only area where limits are applied? I suspect after CV people might be a tad more amenable to a 'health tax' to replace the now hopelessly out of touch NI.  And you are ignoring the influence of private sector profiteers enabled by NHS England.. which is not what people think the NHS really is.. but is simply a Commissioning/Contracting organisation busy dishing out OUR money to assorted crooks.

5 hours ago, Brew said:

3. Insufficient reserves in pension pots -  I wonder who we can blame for that? 

No doubt you mean Brown.  Long time ago and no longer a viable excuse.

5 hours ago, Brew said:

Probably

Possibly.

5 hours ago, Brew said:

5. This is potentially a bomb waiting for someone to light the fuse

6. Germany will lead and France will follow, delighted the damn rosbifs have lost their influence. 

7. The divorce rate will see a rapid rise when couples spend so much time in each others company they can no longer stand the site of their other half

8. An appreciation of nature and well being will have changed many attitudes. Wishful thinking. The failing economy will mean scant regard will be paid to anything other than putting food  on the table

9. The blame culture will have a field day as accusations of missed opportunities and incompetence fly in all directions. Suddenly everyone will have 20-20 vision of what should have been  done and wasn't.

10. The 'special relationship' with America will turn out to be made of straw.

11. China will get the blame - and all the business

12. Societal collapse?...……..

All a bit too much to compute.. but my money is on 9, 10 and 11.

This Govt NEED to accept blame. Only they spent 10 years crippling the NHS and ignoring warnings.  Boris Johnson also purged this Govt of anyone with half a brain in his obsessive sprint towards Brexit.  The deep shit he is now in is an object lesson in the dangers of arrogance and ignorance.

Brew - the suspected explosion in new births will probably have more effect on reducing average age of population than losing older people.

More to the list -

13. There will be an over production of toilet rolls and we will have to find another use for them.

14. Second hand cars will be as cheap as chips.

15. Crime will have spread from cities into rural communities.

16. A lot of pubs will not have re opened.

17. Social distancing will have become the norm for older and vulnerable people.

When it's all over, I wonder if people will find it difficult to mix closely with strangers in crowded places ?

There might be a worry that someone could still have a bit of Covid lingering in them, and pass it on belatedly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Did I miss an announcement?  Judging by the volume of traffic I saw on Mapperley Top yesterday morning around 10am while out walking, the lockdown is over!  Far too many just to be doing the essential shopping or fetching prescriptions.  Wrong time of day for most people's commute to work if they can't work from home.  It seemed like a normal Friday morning.  Then there was the motorcyclist who must have been on an errand of mercy as his speed was easily 60mph going down Porchester Road, overtaking several cars.

Who was it who said this morning we shouldn't treat the public like children?  Actually I think that's exactly what is needed for the mindless minority who endanger the rest of us.

• Upvote 1

I'm the type of person who has always avoided crowds and crowded places, so that aspect of it hasn't affected me in the least. I shall continue to do so in future. I can't bear large numbers of people round me. Being at home on my own has been thoroughly enjoyable. I can stand as much of my own company as necessary. However, when I have been out to do necessary errands, I've noticed some, mainly elderly, people who sit in the open air shopping precinct and are clearly looking for someone to talk to. I do feel sad for them.

• Like 1

I hope there are people in your area who will speak to them.   Like you,  I'm  happy with my own company , but I do feel for those lonely people you mention.

Now the impacted of cv is waning for the news channels they are ramping up the anxiety with all the doom and gloom of what is going to happen to the country when it's over and it really annoys me, we have

plenty to cope with now the rest is out of our control.

My brother was the eleventh person to die in his care home this week none were tested and no

staff have been tested. It breaks my heart.

Sue I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. My sincere condolences to you and your family. It's terrible hearing deaths on tv but when it hits you ,it really brings it home how vulnerable we are.

Keep yourself safe and hope that everyone obeys the rules to help drown this terrible virus. 

A big hug to you.

Our thoughts are with you Sue. Please accept our sincere condolences to you and your family.xx Barrie and Tina.