The picture says it all CT., they're so brainwashed that you can wave the stars and stripes in front of them and they'd shoot their neighbour !

How does social distancing equate to communism?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Well I suppose if someone tells you what to do then the person doing the telling is a dictator. So he must be a communist. Or at least in the US :crazy:

• Like 1

Those idiots clearly value their distorted and frankly pig ignorant notion of 'freedom', over the lives of themselves and their neighbours.

Imbleach Trump!!

• Like 6
22 hours ago, Beekay said:

they're so brainwashed that you can wave the stars and stripes in front of them and they'd shoot their neighbour !

Worked over there and travelled to and fro over many years.

It certainly is a strange country, many have very little awareness of the rest of the world. You can't show b**bs and bums, on TV or buy alcohol in some dry counties but you can go to Walmart and get enough guns and ammunition to fight a small war!

There's already some poor child named Corona https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/entertainment/tom-hanks-letter-gift-corona-scli-intl/index.html

Even without these current virus associations, why don't parents think about the names they give to their children and how it might impact on their lives?

I had a client who called her daughter Padella which is Italian for frying pan. Hadn't the heart to tell her though

At school there was a Bernard Hind, school register called out B.Hind always felt so sorry for him. Also knew a Peter Shooter.

Could have been worse, I suppose: patella? Nutella?

I once, during the course of my job, encountered two women looking at a poster warning of the dangers of Gonorrhea. "Ooh!" said one. "That's an unusual name!"  Think I'm joking?  I'm not.

This thread is expanding in a way I didn't intend.

My primary point was that the child was being bullied for beng named Corona - with all the negative connotations that word has at present.

Sorry Jonab, I only asked if someone would call their child Covid. If it wasn't in bad taste, you could always have St. Covids day.

42 minutes ago, denshaw said:

The treasurer of Broxtowe ramblers is Wendy House.

I know a Susan House, which is OK really but she lives in a bungalow  :biggrin:

Then there was Roger Bates ………….. a very nice man and I still owe him money!!

Not many people called him Master Bates...………… honest!

Good news or bad news for us.May 4th, we start to breathe a little,  bars and restaurants can do take away but can't serve til June 1st. Lots are doing delivery and it's been very convenient. We even ordered a kg of ice cream from a newly opened gelateria in Santo Stefano , a few km from here. No delivery charge.

We can visit family but not everyone at once, wearing masks. Building work can recommence so any plumbing , electrical work can be carried out. I sincerely hope that everyone understands that if they don't pay attention to everything that they should we will have a more severe lockdown.

Hope everyone in NS is well and keeping safe and sensible.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Good news or bad news for us.May 4th, we start to breathe a little,

This mornings' Times has a full set of the proposed exit strategies from around the world. Makes interesting reading. Per the shipping forecast, a brief  synopsis:

Italy - opening with social distancing from June1

New Zealand - fishing, hunting, surfing and hiking from midnight tonight

India - lockdown set to end on May 3rd

Russia - no idea, but everyone is shaving their heads (??)

Canada - staggered return from May 4th

Australia _ easing restrictions from May11th

Looks like we may see this through. Stay safe, take care - especially when everyone else tries to dash back to "normal" 

Bars, restaurants, beauty salons will all be allowed to reopen fully, with social distancing, from June 1. At any point the health ministry will be able to order a tightening of the lockdown. 

• Like 1