Has anyone else received the “Yes I do - but no if I don’t” email about the clarification of the lockdown rules? If not I could type it out, it is a bit long, 27 points, but I could do it in sections if you want to read it. I would point out it is a very tongue in cheek clarification.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

If not I could type it out, it is a bit long

If it's an E-mail ST can you not copy/paste it?

Easy peasy on a PC, don't have a clue if you use a Tablet or phone...

There are lots of instructional videos on YouTube for various formats.

Some fantastic news here in South Australia. Seven days straight with no new cases of Covid 19 reported.

We have had a total of 438 cases, unfortunately we have had 4 deaths and our condolences go to those that have lost loved ones.

There are only fourteen active cases in the state with one person in ICU.

Our thanks go to all the medical staff that have helped us thus far. The medical/scientific advisors that have set the guidelines that we have been living under. The government for acting swiftly on locking down the state and very importantly the people of South Australia who for the most part have abided by the rules and regulations. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope that they are sensible and do not relax the restrictions too soon.

• Like 6

Excellent news OZ. Here the situation is very different our new cases are increasing again in Piemonte where we are. The recoveries are going higher and the deaths are fewer. It's so frustrating when we think there's good news and then we're knocked down again. The other day a friend rang us to give us her condolences!? Why we asked , her sister had told her that my mother had died with coronavirus.Where her sister got the news we don't know. My mother is positive but with no symptoms and according to the nurse that replead to our phone call today is VERY WELL and COMFORTABLE. The friend rang again today to apologise and hoped it didn't upset us.

The news that so many are dying in nursing homes is frightening and they are being checked for anything that may be suspect and there will be deep inquiries into these deaths.

• Like 1

This is the latest from Isle of Man government... some restrictions are being relaxed but not social distancing. (The 16 deaths in the community are all from one private care home which has now been taken over by the Manx national health service).

Confirmed cases

Hospital admissions

Total tests

Concluded tests

Awaiting results

Awaiting tests

Number of deaths

Presumed recovered

Number of deaths in hospital

Number of deaths in the community

1 hour ago, West Bridgfordian said:

This is the latest from Isle of Man government.

It  would be good if all jurisdictions could present the information in such a clear concise way it would help remove confusion, stop rumours and reduce anxiety.

I truly hope everyone keeps safe and well and if friends and family are affected by this virus I wish them a speedy and full recovery

This morning we got a long awaited update on our situation. To recap, a couple of weeks ago everyone in the nursing home was tested by swab for the coronavirus., Out of 54 residents, 39 were positive and 15 negative. Ok at this point. Then the home said starting Monday (last) that they would call the families daily to give them updates of their loved ones. No phone calls received and to top it all no one could get through to them. The calls weren't being answered. We have a family representative who has formed a group on WhatsApp and we hear what's happening through him, as he is part of the committee. Even he couldn't find out anything and the Lord Mayor who writes updates every day didn't write. So we were all in the dark and getting very angry. Someone made an official complaint about it and others reported it to the Carabinieri.

The situation as it stands today is 44 residents

11 recovered ( 9 from covid and 2 from other illnesses)

15 still negative

The missing numbers are those that are in recovery in hospital or are now deceased.

The director is ill as are some of the Auxiliary staff who are all now not working. We have heard that some of the auxiliary staff weren't well but still had to work being told to work by the director so she'll be in trouble when it all comes to light. There's been another promise that we will have updates every day but we'll see if that falls through too. There is talk about getting the required nursing staff from the armed forces.

Stay informed and safe for goodness sake, don't let this thing beat us all.

ps sorry to hear there's a new illness that is affecting children. Haven't read anything but just caught the tail end on news. Hope it's not serious.

Very worrying for you, Brenda . I really hope things work out OK for you and your mother. I  often think of her being cooped up like that and not being able to understand the language or what is going on - I am reminded of my very early days being here when my knowledge of the language was 'forgotten "O" level standard' although I did know mainly what was going on.

I still have very odd feelings about this current situation. Even though the virus is rampant in a lot of France, there are no reported cases in the area where I live, none in Cannes and only fifteen in Nice, six in Antibes. No deaths in either

• Upvote 1

Still such a worry for you Nonna, having your mum in the nursing home and getting very little information. She’s obviously made of strong stuff so hopefully she’ll get through this and you’ll soon be allowed to visit.  Thinking of you all. 

• Like 1

Thinking of your mam and my situation puts things in perspective nonna. I stomp around the house bored out of my skull but at least I have the internet, TV and can phone anyone I like.

To be stuck inside and not able to speak the language I'm sure would drive me insane in very short order. Hope she stays strong...

• Like 1

My thoughts are with you nonna what is happening in the care homes is a scandal

they have been left to there own devises by the powers that be and they are totally 

out of their depth. The owners/ managers needed help and guidance from the beginning

and they didn't get it.

I hope you hear from them soon nonna and get the regular updates. 

• Like 1

Nonna

Its hard enough coping with the situation your mum is in without the added stress of not being given information on how she is. The hardest part must be not being able to give her a cuddle to reassure her that you are there, keeping pushing and demanding information there is no excuse for keeping silent. My two are driving me crazy but they are with me, when I go into their room in the mornings they now say don't ask us how we are ...we are talking. Bless them i think.

• Like 1

Yes Brew I'm in a similar situation meaning I'm bored out of my brains too. Up to now I've been able to keep busy baking, jigsaws, sorting cupboards and drawers out and no end of odd things that we women do but the last couple of weeks I just don't know what else to do. My eldest grandson came down yesterday and we did a LOT of baking. Today is his 17 th birthday . Not being able to get him anything I gave him 2 chocolate puddle pies and told him not to give them to his brother and sister. Not much but it brought a smile to his face as he didn't know I had them in the freezer. His dad( my son) ordered a tray of pasticini ( shhhh don't tell Carni) little profiteroles filled with all sorts of different flavoured cream topped with fruit or in this case chocolate and fudge liquorice type of allsorts sweet. We celebrated with some moscato wine. So let's see what tomorrow brings. Hope I find something interesting to do.

Love baking but it's a problem as we're all putting on weight.:Shock:

Thankyou Jonab, Lizzie, Brew, Sue and Gem for your posts. It's comforting to know you are concerned. It is very difficult

, but we did have a video call with her that reassured us that she was ok, a bit bewildered as we were all crowding into the phone screen but she did wave. We send her messages as well but feel sure she doesnt remember what's in them. Thankyou once again.

• Like 2

So sorry to read of your mums situation Nonna. I can understand how worried you are and I hope you get some positive news soon. It sounds as if the management of the home need a good shake up, surely they must understand the anxiety you must all be feeling having no contact and information. I hope you hear as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Shortly after I posted we had a message saying that daily news will be updated. Each day we can phone and there will be someone constantly answering. We can enquire about mum and they will note who calls . Then in the afternoon we can phone again and they will give us any details we need when they have seen her ( and them). Video calls can be made but we have to make an appointment which makes sense. So a little more organized. Let's hope that this is what they are going to do and not just a promise.

Thanks Carni

• Like 1

I wish you all well Nonna.

• Like 1

R equals 0.7 to 0.9...

surely it has to be a max of 0.3 before releasing the purse strings..

unless we obviously adopt masks.

We've been making our own..pleats, elastic & Velcro..

:rolleyes: