• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Is this the barmy theory that involves reptilian shape shifters?  I think that was started by David Icke. Been hit on the head too many times with a football!

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Very similar Jill but Ickes lot have to wear purple robes and are required to makes themselves look complete prats on national television

As I mentioned in another post somewhere a few days ago, Icke has had his channels/accounts removed from such places as Youtube and Twitter etc.

I agree that alternative theories and unconventional ideas (however bizarre) should have an outlet, but Mr Icke was stating that by doing or not doing certain things, someone could prevent or get rid of CV. He was giving false and potentially lethal information.

True enough CT but I think the American muppet was potentially more dangerous, he never told us what's the correct amount of Dettol we need to rake.

As far as I know he hasn't been de-tweeted

It didn't originate with David Icke.  I don't know what he may or may not have said about it.  Control of buying and selling cropped up in the New Testament book of Revelation, chapter 13.  Approx' 2000 years ago, long before such a thing was even possible.   (Nuff' said from this old hound.)

Actually Bill Gates seems to be a big fan of the idea combined with a vaccine.  Hope it doesn't have a blue screen built in.

I know some fundamentalist, supposedly Christian, movements go in for this rubbish. But religion is not the only movement wanting to dominate the Earth and bring us all to glory.

Novus Ordo Seclorum has been an American motto for at least 200 hundred years..

I didn't say you or anyone else has to believe it.  That is the nature of freedom.

It does, however touch upon technology which your profile mentions and does bear a remarkable resemblance to some of the ideas being pushed around today.

• Like 1

I accept you know far more than I but I would ask you to re read Revalation 13. There is mention of dragons, the number of the beast, swords and more... ! cannot see a connection. 

• Like 1

I appreciate your response, Brew.  One of the things we need to remember is that John was trying to describe a scenario in the only way he and his readers would be able to understand it.  If I had lived 2000 years ago and saw some kind of vision of a modern computer with a bar code scanner.  How would I describle it?   How would one describe today''s modern weoponry?

The underlying question still remains.  How could the buying and selling capabilies of everyone on earth be controlled?  I don't claim to know how it will all play out.  I hope I'm not even here to see it.

Later in the same book we hear of a 200 million man army coming upon the middle east.  To the best of my knowledge no nation on earth had that many people in total at that time never mind an army.  I believe China can probably field such an army today.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Brew said:

This is part of  'The New World Order'

I'm not one for conspiracy theories. I'm not at all sure there is a  secret concerted and organised effort to create a New World Order.  However it is very clear that there are certain organisations.. or even loose associations, especially in the field of international high finance/banking etc., which transcend national Govts in their ambitions and activities. 

There are of course a number of religious groupings which are evangelical.. some more aggressive than others, which then also raises the issue of when evangelism mutates into enforcement.  All of Christianity.. some sub sets more than others, all of Islam.. some sub sets (E.g.ISIS) more aggressive than others. for e.g. Other religions, such as Sikhism, Buddhism, and others seem content to wait for converts to come to them. I'm noe even sure it is possible to 'convert' to Sikhism.

Brew, an explanation of the Seal of the United States.

https://greatseal.com/mottoes/seclorum.html

It’s worth noting that a number of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons, including Washington and Franklin, hence their use of Masonic symbolism - the pyramid and all-seeing eye in particular.

• Like 1

So Johnson appeared again tonight and once more blustered and waffled his way through.   He had no answer for those who are likely to be forced back to work by employers who have the 'whip hand'.

He waffled around his slides, basically making them meaningless.

He was asked a question about how someone should react if they met A GROUP of close relatives by accident while following the new rules and spending all day socially distancing in the park.  He and his adviser advised that they should not do so.  This is patent rubbish.  Surely so long as social distancing is maintained, this group of relatives are qualitatively exactly the same as a similar sized group of strangers and so long as distancing is observed they present no more risk.. Quite possibly less.

I'd go further.  I know that my older daughter her husband and kids have been distancing since lockdown was started.  I'd be reasonably confident that it was safe to visit them now as none have shown symptoms.

However.. if my Grandkids are forced back into school.... that confidence would fall to zero.  My daughter is also very unhappy about being forced to send her kids back into primary school... partly because of risk to them. but mosatly because she herself is asthmatic.

As far as I'm concerned. the most sensible thing to do now is to abandon the whole of this academic year, for all ages, and see whether it is safe to commence a repeat of the year from Sept... or later if necessary.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The Tories won the election with a landslide. That was the democratic will of the people. Labour didn’t stand a chance as they showed themselves to be dithering and incompetent and the people didn’t want a hard left wing government.

Probably better 'in another place'.. but the above is almost completely irrelevant. Nobody disputes that Johnson won the election.  I'd take issue as to why.. but not here.  Nobody was offering a 'hard left' Govt.

He does appear to bluster but I suspect that's because he was speaking 'on the fly,' it seems unrehearsed and not a set script.

The question about a large family group, if you think about it, had so many possible scenarios giving a definitive answer is  impossible.

We will not allow the grandchild to visit even though , like you, we are certain it would be fine. The temptation to rush and hug would be overwhelming, but he has a second set of grandparents and  we have no way of knowing how safe they are, nor will they know the same of us.

Families who do not live together can have an exponential number of contacts - it simply is not worth the risk.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brew said:

:rotfl:

Jim, you know full well that nothing in Corbyn's manifesto was 'Hard Left'. especially compared to what was the norm from both Con and Lab Govt's before Thatcher.  Furthermore.. however much the Tories tried to get themselves out from under their appalling record in the Austerity years by attacking mythical Labour 'profligacy' ..Johnson ended up in a public spending 'bidding war' with Corbyn in order to try to gain the 'Red Wall'.

So OK.. he succeeded.. with the help of the Tory Meedja... but he cannot now.. claim that JC 's proposals were 'hard left'. and neither can you.

53 minutes ago, Brew said:

He does appear to bluster but I suspect that's because he was speaking 'on the fly,' it seems unrehearsed and not a set script.

It doesn't need justification or explanation.  It is just who he is.  He is 'winging' it as ever and is not fit to be P.M.

The question about a large family group, if you think about it, had so many possible scenarios giving a definitive answer is  impossible.

Not so. The question was clear and the logical answer was simple.  Maintain social distancing and a group of relatives are no different to a group of strangers.

Families who do not live together can have an exponential number of contacts - it simply is not worth the risk.

I totally agree in principle.  However.. my Grandkids only have the one paternal relative. 'Nanny'.. who lives in Ipswich and has not been near since Christmas. If my grandkids are forced back to school after isolating for 7 weeks or more.. I'd sooner risk seeing them before they return to school than after.

Hi Col.

Re evangelism turning into enforcement.

True evangelism can never be enforcement.  True evangelism is just the relaying of certain Biblical facts, possibly with illustration from life today.  I cannot force my views on anyone else and wouldn't want to if I could.  What would be the point?  As I noted earlier, having been given information it is up to each individual to accept or reject it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Jim, you know full well that nothing in Corbyn's manifesto was 'Hard Left'.

This should be in the politics topic  but I'll just say I absolutely disagree! Corbyn, was as far left as it's possible to go and was credited with being so by more than one political commentator:

After the crushing election defeat, it is not just Jeremy Corbyn who has ... has no hope of rebuilding unless it breaks the cold grip of the hard left. - The Guardian

Corbyn loyalist determined to keep Labour on far-left. -   FT

Jeremy Corbyn says coronavirus crisis proves his hard-left policies were RIGHT, despite crushing election defeat...

and on and on and on...

2 hours ago, Brew said:.

We will not allow the grandchild to visit even though , like you, we are certain it would be fine. The temptation to rush and hug would be overwhelming, but he has a second set of grandparents and  we have no way of knowing how safe they are, nor will they know the same of us.

You could easily resolve that within the rules by becoming his nanny and the family’s cleaner. Both are permitted to enter their property under the new rules, even though grandparents aren’t.

I have no intention of circumventing the rules Rob, especially if it puts someone at risk and we told our cleaner not to come any where near some weeks ago.

I picked this up on a UK website/group. It might be of interest. Things are obviously different here but the general attitude of the media is pretty much similar:

"This is a message aimed at our Negative UK Press - including Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC, Robert Peston of ITV, Beth Rigby of Sky, Piers Morgan of ITV, James O'Brien - LBC, BBC News in general and all the other negative UK press and social media.

Journalism is missing the general "mood" in this great country of ours.

We do not want or need blame to be constantly apportioned. We do not want daily criticism of our Government who are doing their very best in a very difficult and unprecedented global emergency. This crisis is not of their making, there is no precedent of how to best handle it and I'm sure everyone is doing their level best to get it right.

But time and again we see our negative press, radio, TV and social media, carping at and trying to trip up our politicians simply to score points, instead of asking questions that will provide positive and reassuring answers for all of us.

Whilst reporting Covid-19 deaths is important – so is reporting the large number of people who recover from it every day. Information that is sadly lacking.

They all got the people’s "mood" wrong in the Referendum, Brexit, General Election and now this Covid-19 virus crisis.

We want and need a constructive contribution to the national effort to help us out of this crisis. We need hope, optimism and faith, with less negativity and more positive support from these journalists and amateur “experts”.  It is time you all changed your negative and political rhetoric for the health of this nation and start supporting our Government."

• Like 9

DJ Our schools are reopening in Sept and we are thankful for that. All my grandchildren should have had important exams this year. They have visual lessons every morning and occasionally in the afternoon so they aren't really missing out on education. I think it's criminal to open schools at this particular moment. The countries that have eased up on lockdown now have increased new cases. I'm now waiting for us to acquire new cases as we are easing up too. We cannot take any more in Piemonte as we are the only ones not being able to ease the lockdown so we have to wait until we get the all clear and if the cases keep increasing we don't get to "open up". March 10th we went into lockdown and its long enough for anybody but if it means further lockdown to keep this thing at bay , I'm all for it despite me being ?!#*+ off

• Like 1