A whole armful Rob! Be careful when riding your bike home.

Fair play bruv!  Take care.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

MD Very pleased that you seem to be making progress. My best to you both.

• Like 1

We all love purple shapes AG., they're the best shapes of all !!! Even better than green ones, (and ya  don't see many of them ). Tell him to keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Beekay said:

Still want some biscuits Brenda !!

You didn't help make em,did you?

On 5/15/2020 at 6:56 AM, The Pianoman said:

I'm pretty sure Foulds was Derby only long before '92. I'll stand corrected if I am wrong tho'

Confusion could be Pianos me thinks, they had some cracking second hand guitars, bass section downstairs, not a keyboard in sight!...

Think a chap that was in Colin Staples Breadline used work their at the time.

Australia reached a sad milestone today with its' 100th death from Covid 19

We should never forget that these along with the almost 36 thousand deaths in the UK, the 32 thousand in Italy and a total of 319 thousand across the globe were all someone's loved ones taken by this pandemic.

Regardless of where or how it started we need to get to the root cause in order to prevent a recurrence.

In our state we have no known active cases of Covid 19 and restrictions on our lifestyles are being further relaxed.

• Like 1

Haven't been in a shop for ten weeks. Spent a lot of time in car parks reading " A Spot of Bother" - appropriate.

Been surreal this week. The 19th was my cycling buddies birthday, the 20th was my partners and the 21st was mine. Cue a lot of skype and zoom with Birmingham, Canada and America.

Building a line of large(ish) stepping stones across the lawn to avoid the annual re-enactment of Ypres in winter.

Just thinking we had been lucky to be untouched by covid, then a double whammy. My niece, a nurse at Grantham, went back last month after maternity leave (her second), despite her mum pointing out that she could stay off another 6 months. She was looking after 6 elderly ICU patients. Yesterday, my sister rang to tell me that she has tested positive. So far only mild symptoms. But Mum can't help - she broke her leg a while back and is still hobbling.

The other twin has one son and is furloughed, so is helping out - she takes the view that rules take second place to sheer necessity.

Anyway, put the 'phone down on that conversation, to hear that my father-in-law has been taken to QMC having tested positive and suffering what sound like acute symptoms. At 88, he has done very well so far. At the moment, I am trying to get my partner and her mum to hope for the best, and plan for the worst. I must admit, when it hits close to home I have become far less tolerant of the congenital idiots who flout the rules under the guise of liberty or convincing themselves "it's only a cold"

Well, rant over. Should have the path finished today, if the rain holds off.

Take care

• Like 4

OP sorry to hear your bad news , I know how you feel my mum is in a care home and has been confirmed positive but with no symptoms she's just turned 98. The nurses say she's the fittest of all the residents many of whom are positive. It's a very worrying time when it comes close to home.

I too get very frustrated when I see people going around with no masks on ( compulsory here) we've come out of lockdown but still have to be aware and careful. But it seems to some that it's all over and they can do what they want. I don't think they are concerned about who they are in contact with and then they meet and pass on whatever to others. It true when it hits home you get more edgy that things aren't going the way they should. We've been warned that if the new cases increase we risk another lockdown but that doesn't seem to be a problem for those who couldn't care less.

One thing that really gets me is people saying it's all a big con. My husbands niece has a petrol,station and he passed by seeing his sister talking to her. There were a few more people talking in a group ( also forbidden) non had masks on except my husband. He shouted at his sister saying she was incompetent and why was she talking to a group whilst they were unprotected. She couldn't understand the problem , so he told her to take the advice of her daughter who's a nurse .The niece just shrugged and said there was no virus and it's the fault of Bill Gates. I don't know how she can be so naive. Both her parents died of cancer and she didn't believe it was cancer even when they died.There you have it there's not much you can do with people like that.

Keep safe and take care both you and your family.

• Like 1

Hi Nonna hope your mum is doing ok at 98 and fit she has a lot going for her,virus or no virus millions of people are getting sick we all have to take precautions i think its going to be a long haul so we have to tell everyone to be safe and use common sense it will be worth it. Everyone over there stay safe.

• Like 1

Out of sheer curiosity I was looking around to find out how much face masks are, and where to buy them.

It's easy to find them online from numerous places, but has anyone bought them in person from a shop ?  (I know there aren't many of them open).  For instance, I asked at the local Morrisons and they said they don't sell them.

CT., My kind sister in law, up in Stapleford, very generously made us a pair each and posted them to us. Both sorts have pockets in them to put extra filters if required. They are washable and she recommended wear once, then wash. They are two different sorts, one a pleated and the other like a conventional mask. Both have wire inside so they can be squeezed over the nose.

• Like 1

CT. Our first masks came from the local council community, 2 each which were the type surgeons use or similar. Then I made some with a little pocket at the back to put a filter in. It's only just now that I'm starting to wear one as I go out a little more. My husband bought one at the local,chemist but thought it expensive at € 6.50. Our local tobacconist is selling them at €5.00 for a pack of ten. The govt has put a top price on them at €5.00.The council are now sending out washable masks to each household for children and 1 adult. My daughter has ordered them online but recently has bought them from a local lady who is making them and selling them for €5.00. They are well made of quality material. My husband has to wear one for work so he needs to change them frequently so he has a mix of masks. In Nottingham I can only think of 2 people that make them and they are both friends ( there's probably more) but I think they are making them for hospital workers and care workers. They are free but I would imagine that they are only for those who work with patients. Good luck if you find them ...please wear them.

Who said? We have to do it whether it makes us feel good or not. Our govt said the same thing before it got worse . So if it makes you feel better go without but I wish you all the best. Keep your head in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant Nonna !! An absolute pearler. All ready to hold up a stage coach.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We got masks just before the virus took hold. It was obvious what was coming at that point (Italy), got them from UK meds. Also got a couple of N95 with filter, not washable unfortunately. Ordered some washable ones but not impressed with them when they came, they bagged at the side so we had to alter them but still not sure about them. Waiting for some other washable ones to come from Vistaprint next week, washable with replaceable filters, they guarantee not to run out of the filters and yes they are manufacturing both masks and filters.
You can get face shields from Virus Stop, not taking away from NHS the company is making them for the general public in case you wondered. Delivery was quick, don’t know what it will be like now though.
I never go into a shop without a mask, personally I think they should be mandatory in shops, public transport etc. It is those who show no symptoms who are the biggest threat, If everyone has to wear a mask it will help. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I wonder how the French are coping? do they have a requirement to wear a mask and if so how do they square the circle with the ban on yashmaks and niquabs?

• Like 1

With us both being unfortunately classed as key workers it’s been the old bulldog spirit “Carry on regardless”    yes I’ve missed holding my new Granddaughter & my visits to my 87 year old Mum have been via the front room window, felt a bit pissed seeing others tossing it off @ home all day, missed my jollies to Grand Canaries, no problems with getting shopping, missed the football with the lads & my drinks around town, but it is was it is, get on with it shit happens.

Fingers crossed Tenerife in July :crazy: