At the beginning of this virus we were told to wear masks then they said it wasn't really necessary because it would have little effect. They soon changed their minds and I for one am glad to have to wear one when I go out. They seem to think it's helped to bring us to the results we now have. But there are always the ones who don't want to know or are trying to be clever and not quite carrying it off.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Your photos aren't visible, Col.   Try again - I'd love to see the masks

• Like 1

Well done Mrs Col and Nonna for making face masks.  We have some of these horrible face masks, courtesy of our son who posted them to us weeks ago, together with a dozen little bottles of hand sanitizer. We haven’t worn one yet and doubt if we will.  Suppose I should consider finding some of those blue soft ones ........ however I won’t be thinking of going on public transport in the near future. 082-D22-AE-9060-48-F3-B653-E9-D4598-F7-A

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter what they look like as long as they help. The best ones we have got are from Vistaprint (Yes Vistaprint) £17 each, replaceable filters £6 for 10. They are washable as well, the filters aren’t. They are comfortable and come in different patterns/colours, there are children’s ones as well. 

I saw a YouTube thing showing you how to make masks from socks/tee shirt. You have to hold material up to light and if you can see through it it isn’t any good apparently.

12 hours ago, MargieH said:

They look good Col.  Is she selling them?  I'd buy some

Not selling them Margie but making them for family and friends.  She said she'd send you some but she seems to still be experimenting with sizing.

• Like 1

The government are only asking you wear these’s masks on public transport, it’s all geared up to get folk back to work, who now want to use every excuse not to go back, get the kids back to school, get some confidence back on the tube, trains, trams & buses, the 1 metre rule will be next, get the country moving again, thankfully the NHS & most classed as key workers manned up & carried on regardless & all you had to do was clap & stay in & watch telly,

:clapping:

• Like 4

Although I have been fishing a few times I had not been to a shop until Wednesday. The Range for chicken wire and compost and Wynstays farm shop for timber and chicken food etc. I was quite apprehensive at first but the places were deserted and I felt quite safe. A lad was outside sanitising the trolleys and giving instructions.

Along with all the misery, losses and grief there are a lot of people who are enjoying not having to go to work. There are also those that desperately need to work. Those that have fallen through the cracks in the system and not furloughed.

I stand to be shot down here and called foolish - but I see mass hysteria out there. 

• Like 2

I think that people who are furloughed should be made to do proper lockdown. They are just taking it as a paid holiday and doing as they like without any consideration. I don't include everybody in that statement of course. There is just too much traffic on the roads and too many people out.

• Like 2

Apart from getting petrol for the horticultural machinery I never go out these days. We’re pretty well self contained with supermarket deliveries and the odd visit by my wife to the farm shop where they limit the customers on the premises and make them use a hand rub. Our daughter usually visits on a Saturday with some treats from Newark Waitrose. What has increased is the number of deliveries from Amazon, almost every day. I doubt I will ever go into a shop again now I’ve joined Prime and get next day deliveries. We have a large garden and a meadow so there is always something of interest to catch up with. Strangely enough I’ve not missed seeing people although I do chat on the phone to close friends. Sadly the rain has turned the grass from brown to green so I shall have to start mowing again.

• Like 1

Thought you didn't like Amazon Phil?

A while ago I bought (  from Amazon also with Prime) an attachment for dog grooming to fit on a dyson. It wasn't suitable and was too awkward to use so I asked for a refund. Did all the paper work and waited for reply to let me know when the pack was going to be collected. The message came almost immediately and it was going to be collected the next day. No one came, so a few days later I sent the request again, another reply sent that it was to be collected the next day. Still no one came, but by then the CV was in full force so I thought sooner or later they will fetch it. This was MARCH 5 th. The pack had got an extended return date but that had already passed so emails between the seller and Amazon a gogo then yesterday I received an email to say that what I paid has been refunded. Good.... but I still have the pack.:flyswat:

No, I simply love Amazon. Last month I've bought a plethora of items ranging from a 4 stroke wheeled strimmer to 10 pairs of boxer shorts. The only items outstanding are an oil filter for a lawn tractor and a garden potting bench. It's always exciting to see the van come up the drive. Amazon drivers and the postman are the only real people I see these days!

• Like 1

Mines not here until next month.  It’s coming from your side of the pond! No rush though. It’s for a spare machine I didn’t get rid of when I bought my last machine some 4 years ago. This one picks up and the other one mulches which I much prefer.

• Like 1

Yes, there’s nothing worse than to keep driving to the grass heap to empty the bag. This is a Toro zero turn so it turns on a sixpence. It’s cut my grass cutting time by more than half and leaving the mulched grass on the lawn has no adverse effect; in fact it’s never looked so good - until now that is; the dry spell has turned everything brown but the recent rain has encouraged some green shoots once again.