Thankyou OZ I did hear that some were having lockdown in an hotel and they'd just returned from Malaysia so I must have heard more than I thought. Hope you don't live too near Melbourne. You too keep safe, Australia was doing well in keeping things under control, it just shows you how things can change in a short time.Its the states I'm concerned about, it seems to be wiping out many people. Wait for the next surge after 4 th July.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

So sorry MD.  You'll be feeling really disappointed.  Do you do Zoom or FaceTime or other video chats?

Just hoping you can get things sorted sooner rather than later MD.

My thoughts are with the citizens of USA. Their hands are tied through the fault of an vain, stroppy and ignorant president. He's not fit to walk the ground of a once great country. He's brought the whole country down to his level. What exactly has he got in his head?

Think we have entered a whole new World with Coronavirus''.........things will never be the same....just out shopping this morning and came across ''Security Guards'' barking out orders to the paying customers and all obeying their commands...and it seems this attitude has rubbed off on the staff,,who seem to enjoy this new attitude...iv'e always enjoyed a bit of 'Banter' with fellow shoppers and staff alike,,,but now everyone seems to be looking for ''Confrontations''...............

• Like 1

I've not been in a shop for over three months. If they're all like your  experience  Ben it may well be three more.

• Like 1

The shops come to me now in a van. They keep a safe distance and are always very polite. The only shop I ever go to is the one in Fiskerton village and, apart from a screen at the till, it’s the same as it’s always been. As the nearest major shops are a 20 mile round trip away Amazon Prime is all that I need. 

• Like 1

You are in the minority Phil......and if thats what you enjoy crack on,,,,myself ive always enjoyed shopping and the interaction that goes with it,,,but i'm afraid the enjoyment factor is fast disappearing........

• Like 1

Don't know where you're doing your shopping, Ben. I haven't encountered anything akin to what you're describing. I don't frequent the major supermarkets. I used to visit Morrison's occasionally but I don't really need to.  I use the same small, local shops. Same faces. Everyone is friendly and polite. The minute they're not, they lose my custom.

Morrisons,,Tesco,,Boyes,,Coop,,,several branches of each,,,always good customer service,,,sadly not now.,,Jill......they all seem affected witha bad attitude,,and a smile is getting rarer.......as for getting a date ,no chance,,.........i'll keep turning em down...........lol

Since lockdown ive got into a couple of things on American U TUBE,,,

High Desert and United states constituion,,,

Changed my opinion of America completely,,,mainly due to their Racism from the Police forces,,

Edit,, sorry this should have probably gone under the Politics thread...

You are correct Ben, this thread is becoming political, unless the whole thing is of course to achieve a political agenda, so could you please put your political opinions on the "Anything Political" thread please so  that those of us who do not want to read your political views can avoid them.

• Like 1

I doubt that few people find shopping a pleasure. Not having to go to the shops gives me time to do more interesting or essential things at home. It was not until the enforced lockdown that I even thought about not going to the shops. I would get in the car and drive to Newark to buy something that cost less than the fuel used. Now I can place my order and it arrives the next day. If I want banter I can walk to the local - at least I will do when that gets back to normal. I’m buggered if I’m going to reserve a table to to get a pint. Will ‘normality’ ever return?

We are all different Phil.................thank the Lord,,....and i'm convinced that what you call normality will never return.........

• Like 2
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

My thoughts are with the citizens of USA. Their hands are tied through the fault of an vain, stroppy and ignorant president. He's not fit to walk the ground of a once great country. He's brought the whole country down to his level. What exactly has he got in his head?

My comments were about the current state of affairs concerning the virus, sorry if it got " political "  Please delete if it offends. It certainly wasn't my intention. I just see this virus destroying the world and it makes me so sad.

There are certain aspects of  the CV situation that can’t avoid being political, and in most cases I won’t be moving posts into different threads.

Take one example today. The media made a big thing of Trump wearing a face mask in public and announcing that they were a good thing; previously he’d ridiculed them as being unnecessary.

That story is about CV and it’s political. It could fit in either thread.

• Like 2

How do you manage to attach a mask to an Avatar?

Don't think I've quite got this face mask sorted yet!