Just done our food shopping in Beeston Salisbury's, Lidl, Iceland & nipped to Santader, counted two masks being worn out of 200/250 people, took a photo in the packed Lythan Sq yesterday where a young was playing a guitar, just scanned the photo not one mask! 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Who would ever believe you could walk into a bank wearing a mask and demand money with going to jail!

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 3:46 PM, radfordred said:

The cashier in Beeston Lidl should wear a mask charged me for 6 lettuce, I only brought one, good job I'm on the ball. 

Karma?

I've said time and again any organisation that has a one to one ratio of support to production staff is a disaster. The rot, in my opinion, started somewhere in the 70's when they went with the concept of internal markets (American business modelling), and from Matrons and ward sisters to CEO's and ward managers. Seems to me they are all 'managers of something or other.

In 2013 they abolished the two types of NHS trust... and replaced them with five new ones!

Obviously each one needed an executive and board of directors and they in turn needed .... the gravy train rolls on and on.

As far back as 2015 Jeremy hunt was saying there were far too many 'NHS Trusts'

** For accuracy clinical staff are 53%  including technical  and ambulance staff, 27 700 more than 2019. Theses are hospital figures and do not include GP's etc.

And on a more cheerful note. A shopping trip to Asda this lunchtime has proved somewhat disappointing. Empty shelves in the tinned vegetables aisle, no potatoes at all. pasta almost gone, low stocks of frozen products and according to the checkout chappie "the bogroll bandits are back"...

21 hours ago, Brew said:

A shopping trip to Asda this lunchtime has proved somewhat disappointing. Empty shelves in the tinned vegetables aisle, no potatoes at all. pasta almost gone, low stocks of frozen products and according to the checkout chappie "the bogroll bandits are back"...

You must live in an area with strange people :). I was in Morrisons at Gamston yesterday evening and all the shelves had normals supplies of everything.

• Like 1

Hope people aren't stocking up again and panic buying. Is UK going into lockdown again?

I understand that, starting today, Boris is enforcing the use of face masks in public. Perhaps the good (or not so good) citizens of the UK are imposing their own lockdown.

You may be right CT but I think jonab and denshaw are closer. With enforced masks and peoples reluctance to wearing them, maybe some are stocking up...

I had to wear a mask when I went to get signed off in hospital on Monday. I found it intensely annoying and rather hot. Fortunately I don’t have to wear a mask when I’m putting in my Amazon order - yet! I do have fifty or so in stock and a couple in the car. Does that make me a hoarder?

A friend of mine had occasion to visit the QMC last week for an x ray. He decided to park the car and take the tram into the hospital. He wore a mask but noted that many on the tram were not wearing one.

Yes these masks are hot especially if you also wear glasses they steam up.With the weather being  about 32  they can be unbearable

My daughter añd husband have to wear them whilst working in the kitchen with gas rings  lit añd ovens on. They come home looking like turkeys

Good luck for your new phase. You'll get through it.

Just remember folks that the battle against this virus is unlikely to be over until we have a vaccine to help us combat it.

Today was Australia's worst ever day with the number of infections and deaths

Here in Australia we have divided into two groups, those states and territories with few or no recent cases such as SA, Qld, NT, ACT, WA, and Tas.

In NSW there are a number of hot spots around pubs, clubs, a restaurant,  places of worship and aged care homes.

In Victoria the situation is becoming more serious with infections in triple figures for more than a fortnight, yesterday there was 459 cases and sadly 10 deaths. In Melbourne and some nearby areas face masks have been made mandatory when outside although there is an anti-social media campaign against wearing "face nappies".

In NSW police have been granted an injunction against groups holding a BLM rally but organisers have said they will still still go ahead. I know what I would do with these idiots who are effectively endangering the whole of society. 

Even though we have had very few cases here in SA we in the at risk age group and are still being very cautious in where we go and what we do.

Take care everyone

• Like 3

With 723 new cases and 13 deaths yesterday the whole of the State of Victoria now has to wear masks when outdoors effective from midnight Sunday.

It often puzzles me as to why with announcements like this are not effective immediately, is it to give people and businesses time to get organised?

In South Australia we have closed our borders even for residents wanting to return home.

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 1

Just been to the Post Office, completely forgot I need a mask, I apologised & she said “We are not enforcing the wearing of masks, just advising” I asked why she was not wearing a mask, she said “I’ve got this screen in front of me” but that’s the same screen, just the other side that’s in front of me?  O’yeah :crazy:  

• Like 2

I keep one in the car and one in my handbag. Last night we went out to eat, wore masks as we got out of the car until we sat at the table then masks were lowered only to be put back into position after eating. It's becoming a way of life that we don't like but for now have to put up with it. We've been wearing them since March even before lockdown ( march 10 th) Trouble is you don't always recognize the people that you see in the street.Keep safe .

I had another trip to B&Q today.  Couple with a child.  She was wearing a mask.. he wasn't.. and what's more he was playing fast and loose with social distancing.

Selfish knob.

Technically I am in Merseyside.. (just), but I'm very close to borders with Greater Manchester, East Lancs etc.

Hancock has just announced new measures in the whole of  Greater Manchester and other areas.

We are very far from being out of this mess...