Looks like a jigsaw Oz. We've already gone through the permission to exit the region but now we can literally go anywhere still with restrictions though.

Crazy for those people living near the borders, if they take the wrong turning too early or late they must end up in the forbidden land. Nothing makes sense with this virus, but hang on in there and have loads of patience. Important to keep safe..

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

We had to have this swab a while ago when my husband had an continuous  high temperature through a urine infection. We had to sit in the car to have the test. It's not very pleasant and afterwards my nose burned like crazy and there was this awful taste in my mouth. Fortunately they didn't take one through my mouth.

Out & about & talking to folk throughout the day, noticed most of the people wanting lockdowns do not work anyway, they do not have their way of life effected one bit they are sat @ home anyway! The folk not wanting lock downs stand to lose everything,  jobs, homes, cars, businesses.

Time to wake up, what a joke, absolute madness :crazy:  

Must crack on, work to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

An unfortunate lady in Nottingham got it first in the UK according to the latest news - at least until they find someone earlier

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/25/nottinghamshire-woman-75-may-be-first-known-uk-covid-victim

SAdly she died from the disease, which is how they traced her records.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, radfordred said:

noticed most of the people wanting lockdowns do not work anyway,

Red.. I don't know anyone who actually wants a lockdown..  but there are obviously circumstances where it makes sense.. either locally..or nationally.

I also understand what the Covid -19 restrictions are doing to jobs and businesses. It's devastating...and I have family members affected.

I really don't want to make this political.. but if a Tory Govt. such as ours.. steeped in business and profit.. still thinks we needs Covid restrictions.. you can be sure they are essential..

But.. please spare a thought also for those of us who are over 70.. have underlying conditions etc.  That includes very many members on here...

We are not lazy.. or mean.. But. we are all potentially vulnerable.

All we ask is that people respect our vulnerability.  I've been in local stores recently where many many people were not wearing masks.  That to me. is a very selfish position to take. The mask is NOT to protect the wearer from catching the disease. It is there to protect others IF the wearer has the disease and doesn't have symptoms.

As things stand.. the elderly and vulnerable are left to fend for themselves at present. What that means is that we cannot be confident going into shops and other enclosed spaces.  We certainly can't be confident that going into pubs etc. is safe. 

We don't know how the disease would affect us.. but chances are it would not be a happy experience.. and we only need to catch it once...

I could catch it and sail through it.  Or I could catch it and end up on a respirator and eventually dead.  Who knows?  I'd rather not have to find out.

• Like 3

I love lockdown RR. I easily cope with stiff joints from lack of exercise by staying on the sofa all day. I keep my brain active watching repeats of TV programmes that are positively ancient and I've seen at least a dozen times before. I don't want to be going out  frittering my pension away enjoying myself when there's probably another Carry On film coming  soon.

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is listening to the irritating tits who say they want an end to lockdown because it's  not really necessary and they've not seen a single solitary case of anyone falling down dead in the street. Because it's not  biting them in the arse and being hard of understanding they fail to see why we're not all out and about doing the same as they.

Today is my 75th birthday, I've had a wonderful time enjoying my lockdown in the house watching the storm wreck the flowers and the bird feeders, but Hey Ho I mustn't complain, got to crack on, it's what I want after all.

• Like 6

It gets you like that Brew. We have been past covid for a while now and whilst I love going out, sometimes I feel like saying "can't be bothered" . I love being at home but although there's always plenty to do, I do get fed up and think " I'll do it tomorrow or next week"  

I feel like you do that especially the younger ones aren't taking this seriously enough. We had a fright in the last few days because it seems that everyone and his brother is returning from Spain or some other highly infected area and bringing the virus with them and after being tested put into isolation. Our new cases count went high again after being very low. Makes me wonder if they regret where they went and didn't wear a mask. They are really selfish people. Even these illegals are bringing it in. Now they are not being allowed to come into Sicily and will have to turn back. Sad I know but the rest of Europe refuse to have them. Sicily can only hold so many and then again where do they put them all? If they're put into compound sort of accommodation until they're tested they riot . There is an article on FB about them. It needs to be translated though.

Keep safe everyone.

Completed my home swab test this morning. Sealed sample now in fridge awaiting the courier. If the results are positive I will be very unpopular. Although I have observed social distancing and mask wearing, I have been out and about a lot.

With the exception of my recent expedition to Brighton hospital, I have now been isolating for 164 days.

Like a lot of us, I'm guilty of the ultimate crime. I got old !

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brew said:

Today is my 75th birthday,

Belated Happy Birthday Jim!!

• Like 1

Re: Covid -19.  The UK Govt recently changed the reporting procedures so that deaths are only counted if people die within 28 days of a positive  test for the disease.  Does anybody else think that is ridiculous? Is it not the cse that many people have tested positive and the died after weeks in intensiive care or on respirators?

Have a good day Brew......75 hey,,,if you were a Bestwood boy and failed the eleven plus  (or didnt take it)you would have been in my class at Whipple and Padstow ,you think we'd have got on ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Re: Covid -19.  The UK Govt recently changed the reporting procedures so that deaths are only counted if people die within 28 days of a positive  test for the disease.  Does anybody else think that is ridiculous? Is it not the cse that many people have tested positive and the died after weeks in intensiive care or on respirators?

As soon as they announced the change in how the deaths are now reported, I thought it was stupid for the same reason you have stated.   But I believe it was so the UK would be in line with the way it was being done in other countries. ( as well as removing 5377 deaths previously recorded!)

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

It's the way NHS Scotland , NHS N.I and NHS Wales  have done since the start, and many other Countries as well I suspect.

There could be people who have tested positive and died within 28days but not from Covid or any related issues, just the same as there may have people who died after 28days from Covid related issues.

How the numbers compare we will probably never know.

My Mothers cause of death (7 years ago) on the certificate is Old Age,.

If she'd been alive this year and had had tested positive for Covid and died, would the cause be Covid, Old Age or Old age/ Covid?

Thank for the birthday good wishes, appreciated - the tedium got to me yesterday I have to admit. We were supposed to celebrate but the meal was al fresco so had to be cancelled.

Ben, I would probably be sat at the feet of the master learning the art and ways of wooing  girls...  ;)

Re; reporting deaths, wasn't this mentioned some time ago? Without a post mortem cause of death comes down to a doctors diagnosis and opinion at the time, it can only be a 'best guess'.

Well, my husband got home from Jamaica yesterday and it’s good to have him home to at least share responsibility of little Jack.  
Before he flew to Kingston 2 weeks ago he had to complete an on-line Covid form which was never checked.  He had a Covid test at Kingston airport and was told he would get the result within 48 hours.  He was given a form that had to be filled in every day, recording his temperature. He heard nothing from the Jam Health Dept until the 13th day, when they sent him an email to say that if he was staying beyond 14 days he’d have to have another Covid test.  He replied and said he would be in Jamaica for 14 days and 2 hours, what should he do.  He heard nothing until about an hour before he was heading to the airport, they said they needed to speak to him on a local number as they were not able to contact him on his UK mobile.  He gave the hotel number but still didn’t hear anything.  Meanwhile he completed an on-line form from British Airways which was never looked at during the entire journey.  There were dozens of temperature checks during the 2 weeks but no follow-up checks.   Makes me think that Governments talk a good fight but they’re not doing enough to control the spread.  

• Like 1