Things must be getting back to normal on the Virus front.

Morrisons have removed the crowd-control barriers at the entrance, where customers had to join the long winding queue. Now you just walk in like the old days.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Dinner at Cumin last night on “the eat out to help out” government scheme, the two city centre bars we visited beforehand no covid track & trace details asked for & allowed to choose & stand at the bar while drinks being poured. 

Looks like the more switch on are wising up to this overhyped covid malarky :crazy: 

• Like 1

A neighbours elderly mum passed away from it in a nursing home. My friend In Doncaster lost an aunt to it and has an uncle who recovered after being in hospital, he was put on a drug trial.

Yes a few.  Neighbours  ......Dad, Mum and two kids (7 and 4) all had it right at the beginning.  She’s a University lecturer and was the first to show symptoms.  They were all fine after 2 weeks quarantine.  A few elderly (72, 75 and 82 if that’s elderly?) men I knew have passed away since March, of other complications, but Covid was on the Death Certificate.   

A neighbour’s mum up in Lancashire was very poorly, he and his sister both went to look after her at home.  The Mum and sister both died of Covid but our neighbour self-isolated, couldn’t go to the 2 funerals, and was diagnosed with the virus.  

We’re still convinced our son got it in Japan in early November, he was given steroids after 2 months but was poorly until January.   He said the other day that he was going to pay £100 to see if he’d had it.  Must ask him if he’s gone ahead.  

35 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know of anyone that has had covid19 everyone I speak to says no. 

My next door neighbour died from contracting Covid. He was the second person to die on the Isle of Man from the virus. He was a taxi driver. His death certainly made the residents of our little Avenue become very conscientious as he was not very old, only in his sixties.

1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know of anyone that has had covid19 everyone I speak to says no. 

Yes. Me, my wife, and our daughter who brought the virus back from Heathrow airport. We were all bedridden for a week with the mild dose we had. 

Plus a few friends, one of whom has gone from a fit and healthy singer and golfer to a virtual invalid.

I have been out a bit more over the past 2 weeks as my relative is back at school from next week so we won’t be seeing so much of each other as she worries about getting it and giving it to me. I don’t understand why they cant wear masks at least. If you have to wear them in shops etc. where you are mixing with people out of your bubble (see I have all the jargon down pat) why is it okay to take classes of 30 kids from different families all facing towards you. If you take 5 classes a day that is 150 possibly different people you interact with. Has anyone noticed teenagers socially distancing when they are together? Don’t think so. 
Been out for a couple of meals under the eating out scheme, only outside though not inside, to a place we wouldn’t normally go as it is too pricey. They took contact numbers and it was table service if a bit slow, but they were busy and it was good to do something (nearly) normal. It is good to see more people wearing masks now, those without are tending to stand out, although there are a few who don’t have them over their noses.
At least in Nottingham the numbers are fairly small, although rising. I have a feeling by October/November they could be rising even more after the schools go back (all these naughty teachers not socially distancing whilst having their coffee according to Jenny whatshername as apparently kids don’t get it - really?) as well as the students at University. 
It is hard to believe this time last year everything was normal. If I had been told at that time that there was going to be a pandemic originating from China that was going to sweep the world taking a lot of people before their time and alter our way of life it would have been unbelievable. The main worry (for some) at that time  was Brexit not that they might go out get a virus and possibly end up in hospital or worse. It is still something I find hard to get my head around we are so used to going to the doctors and being given a pill/vaccine etc. to control things or make them go away. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brew. So sorry I missed your birthday I obviously missed the last bit when I responded to your post.  Glad everyone wished you happy birthday and it jogged my memory. Hope you had a good day and got some more thrills of staying put.

• Like 1

Lizzie your son is doing the right thing in being tested to keep find out if he had covid. James and his wife both had theirs done through the bank so didn't have to pay. Their bank provides health care. Under the circumstances when Alex had a high temperature and we all had to have a swab it gave us peace of mind after days of uncertainty and fear.

7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Recent figures show that new cases of coronavirus in Nottingham City have hit their highest level since the week of June 8th. Draw your own conclusions.

We are saying the same things. Our new cases are increasing daily and now have reached the number we had in May when it was high. Today 1,411 new cases and 5 deaths. High in Lombardia, Emilia Romagna and Lazio. Vast increase in swabs for who is returning from the rest of Europe. France , to us is getting a bit too near. We are only an hour away from the border. New cases the other day over 3000. We say or they say we aren't going into lockdown again but I wonder. It seems to be going that way unless everyone is sensible and not selfish and too confident they won't get it.

Our schools are preparing to go back in September but before they actually start the students have to have  an update of all they've lost since March. The schools are being prepared with social distancing desks, temperatures taken and all have to wear masks. Hopefully it will work out , my grandchildren are sensible and at the moment when they go out they always wear masks so it won't be any different for them but they are 17, 16 and 14 . It's the small ones that are the worry for parents, you can tell them all you think but when they are around their friends who knows what they do. Having said that teenagers are the same.

Phew, my husband got home from Jamaica just in time and our grandson got back from Czech Republic on Tuesday too.  From Saturday 4 am both those countries will be on the quarantine list.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, radfordred said:

Across the road and three doors down. He was in isolation (at home), for almost five weeks 

How are you doing now BK?

On 8/28/2020 at 12:57 AM, DJ360 said:

How are you doing now BK?

Apologies for the delay Col. I'm doing alright now, thanks. Doing a little more each day, even had a drive down to our local pharmacy, but that left me a wee bit shaky. It's the furthest I've been up to now. Still get a bit tired towards the end of the day, but at least improving. The hospital suspect I may have had a warning attack back in April and like a pillock, I ignored the signs. Looking out at the rain and thinking, "Life couldn't be sweeter". And, it's my 55th anniversary next Friday.!

• Like 3
On 8/28/2020 at 6:52 AM, The Pianoman said:

I don't know anyone who has had it, unless I had it myself in a mild form early January and was unaware of what it was.

We were discouraged from thinking illness could be Coronavirus even when the first test centres were opened. We were told that unless you had just returned from abroad or had been in close contact with someone who had just returned from abroad it couldn't be Coronavirus, so they didn't want you to go and be tested.

I know of several friends who had 'flu' with strange symptoms in February but just shrugged it off. Only much later, when they read about similar symptoms from confirmed CV victims, did they even begin to suspect what it was.

• Like 1

That was about it. I had a sore throat, achey bones, and general tiredness that went away after about a week or so. But on top of that I had, not so much chest pains, but a sensation that I could feel myself breathing. That lasted about 3 weeks.

We still.. or even increasingly.. hear people calling it a 'scam'..and claiming it's 'just another strain of Flu'.

I have nothing but contempt for such crass ignorance.

1.  There is no such thing as 'Just Flu'. Flu is a killer. Thousands die from it every year.

2. Covid-19 IS NOT 'Flu'.  Covid -19 is a Coronavirus.  These are a completely different species of virus to Influenza, and are in fact more closely related to the Common Cold.. though for some they are much more serious.

These idiots running around in denial of Covid. need to realise that the Covid deaths and severe disabilities are OVER AND ABOVE those deaths which normally result from Influenza.  They also need to realise that the death rate from Covid-19 is higher than that from Flu. And finally they need to grasp that Covid-19 is much more infectious than seasonal Flu.

But yes Dummies... apart from that. it's just a cold....

I am not at all convinced that these face visors are of much use at all. They sit several inches from the face and when you breath out then the breath just exits all around. It may stop some droplets from someone you are talking to but not the sides etc.