2 hours ago, Beekay said:

I never did mention the Great Ouse, or the little un come to that. I was in fact referring to the 'ouse with an Aitch, which I serve in my capacity of stool maker, either as bar or milking, (3 leg or pedestal). I am renowned throughout the county for my stools. I even colour them. Your servant sir.

You mentioned serving Ouse to Faith Fully, not I. No idea who she is but hopefully it'll be OK if you keep it private and don't leave any stools lying around.

3 hours ago, MargieH said:

Great Ouse flows sluggishly through my constituency

Madam I can hardly be blamed if your constituion is sluggish! As for my position I assure you if it were not for my arthritis it would probably be more extreme!

I would also urge  a trip beyond the fens where you will find Librum, Solidus and Denarious has not been in use for almost 50 years. throw your pennies away ma'am I implore you and embrace the 21st century

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Faith Fully used be the team leader of the Fenland Mountain Rescue Association. The position was lost however, after losing a constituent on top of Mount Ely.

To Mr Baggy Holder... are you by any chance Noddy’s brother?

But back to business,  are you really saying my shillings and pence won’t be accepted north of Peterborough?  (apart from in the Lincolnshire fens of course - but that really goes without saying).   

Why  wasn’t I told?   That’s ruined my careful accounts now - what a good job I’m not the Chancellor!  

I believe I met Ms Fully once while she was abseiling down the banks of the Ouse to rescue a large cat, which had apparently fallen into the river.   Unfortunately the cat turned out to be the Fen Tiger ...so Ms Fully (like the Monty Python’s parrot) is now no more - deceased, - despite my shouting ‘Wakey Wakey’ in her ear several times..

I think I need to go and read a bit of Coleridge now as this conversation is rapidly becoming more and more dreamlike and I have absolutely no idea where I’m going (Once again)

• Like 3
3 hours ago, loppylugs said:

The only Ouse I know is a mucky dyke that flows  through Gedling.  

It was the end of our garden when I lived during my early years in Nevvo.  So narrow I could leap over it as an 8 year old. 

• Like 1

Noddy's brother?... you saying I have big ears?... strange indeed are the workings of the mind female. The short answer is of course no but Dildo Baggins and his sister, Faith are 15th cousins twice removed - only once after the bail was paid.

Re. the coinage, mesages were sent via a boy with a cleft stick as is the usual practice when dealing with fen folk. Providing you have not eaten him, again!,  he should be there by Thursday.

I really have my suspicison about your story re; Faith Fully. Anyone who can lose their way twice in one topic is not to be relied upon, nor do I believe she looks anything like a parrot! The fact she is reputed to sit on a gentlemans knee and call him a pretty boy is irrelevant.

Any and all impressions of Billy Cotton are passe in all parts of the Kingdom, except  where they refuse to give up the habit of eating messenger boys obviously.

• Like 1

Aah, Sloppy, but the Netherfield ouse is a completely different cup of tea than our grand River Ouse!  Not that either would make a very good cup of tea in their untreated states.

I've 'ad it!!!  First I'm Loopy and as as if thats not bad enough, now I'm SLOPPY  Drinking tea made from the Ouse dyke in the Untreated States.  :crazy:

We've got our own poisonous dykes even worse than the Ouse.  Everythings bigger over here you know!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

iPad decided you were Sloppy and I quite liked it so I left it!

’Untreated States’ .... I like that.  Do you still drink tea over in lil old Georgia?

Absolutely!  First thing I do  when I get up in a morning  (apart from letting the dogs out)  Is make a pot of tea.  With tap water, Which might be worse than Ouse dyke water.  Even Mrs L, my lovely Tennessee wife drinks some.  I've converted her.  Nowt like a pot a tea first thing.  I will always do that.  She makes a pot of coffee to drink while I read NS.   Always have tea mid afternoon as well.  we use Twinings tea bags.  Can't get Ty Phoo here.

Yes, we have an old brown tea pot, which has, so far, survived all Mrs L's attempts to demolish it.  Not quite Kosher on tea pouring.  Just pour into the cup and add milk and sugar to taste.  That's how me mam used to do it.  I daren't change that.

Nothing personal LL, I was replying to a post above mine that appears to have disappeared. 

It's nice talking to you too ! I'll send a dog treat or two.

• Like 1

South Australia will as of midnight tonight ease coronavirus restrictions on people drinking in bars, pubs and clubs, and at private events such as weddings in licensed venues. Guest numbers at private venues are limited to 150 

Premier Steven Marshall said "For licensed premises, we will now allow vertical consumption outdoors … previously we've only allowed for seated consumption." 

Only politicians and public servants could come up with the phrase "vertical consumption" which means you are allowed to have a drink whilst standing up, but only outside. You still cannot have your favourite tipple standing at the bar.

Nice to see easing up but still with some restrictions. We eased ours and it worked but now the schools opened 2 weeks ago our new cases have increased to 2541. I still think they reopened schools too quickly. My 3 grandchildren have to catch a bus early in the morning to get to school by 8 am. I've just been talking to my DIL who says the buses are jam packed no windows open only the one next to the driver.No central heating but wait til it gets really cold and they put it on. In Alba where they go to school there are already 3 schools closed.This weekend there are usually a lot of small activities, festivities etc going off. One of them being " street food" and the other a small " fair. "

They have cancelled the Street food and left the fair open. In my opinion they should have cancelled the fair ( too many in close contact) and left the street food as you eat, you go.( also in close contact but people can be moved)

I can see us if we get any other big increase that we will go into lockdown again. But there again you keep people away from each other and you get no new infections, then you keep everything open with some restrictions and cases increase. I wouldn't like to be in charge.

Got home from Dorset yesterday to find my Covid test waiting for me.  I did it as instructed and can’t say it was very pleasant ....... made me gag poking the swab on my tonsils.  The courier has collected it so now I’d better go and do a big shop in case they tell me I have to go into quarantine in a few days time!  

• Like 1