Stand by your beds, don't leave the house, don't go to the pub, don't get married, don't even think of having a social life, download the NHS app that don't work very well, but might result in forcing you to quarantine yourself, just in case you have contract a virus so deadly you'll not even know you've got it :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

It just seems a total waste of time and public money sending these kits out and getting them collected by a Yodel courier.  I wasn't going to bother doing it and had hoped that it had been sent to me too long ago, apparently it has to be completed within 7 days of receiving it.  Life is too short to spend 2 weeks in quarantine when I feel perfectly fit and well.  We'll see ......

• Like 1

If it's Yodel you can forget it. They used to deliver my wine consignments but it never arrived when promised. The driver used to knock off when he'd had enough and say 'unable to find the address' even when there's a bloody great sign at the end of the drive. I could tell because I was tracking him!

• Like 1

Well at least I handed the package over to him, I couldn’t care less what happens to it now.  The chap did turn up this morning in the 2 hour slot they sent me.  

Thankfully, he managed to find me! Just decanting a bottle of Romanian red. Looks good. Someone on here the other week was extolling the virtues of Yellow Tail.  Had a couple of glasses over lunch with a friend last week. He thought it tasted like something that came from under a yellow tail...and I couldn't disagree with him there! Very anaemic for an Aussie red.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Life is too short to spend 2 weeks in quarantine when I feel perfectly fit and well.  We'll see ......

I feel the same Lizzie, I feel fine and isolation is driving me to distraction.  The problem is if I go out and about I have no way of knowing if the other buggers are going to infect me.

In the words of the old adage, "it's not me it's them others".

Life would be a bloody lot shorter if one picked up the virus and developed complications. We've now been in isolation for 212 days and I don't regret a minute of it. If I don't go where it is, I won't pick it up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think I must be turning into a hermit as I like staying in, reading. kindle books, doing gardening, strolling round our little village lanes and only having zoom meetings instead of having to go out to them.  I’m SO boring :mellow: but I like it and I can still look after the little grandchildren as well (at the moment)

• Like 3

We don't even have a village to stroll round. Mind you, I was very brave this morning, took Tina down to Newick for our Flu jabs and I walked all the way across the main road to pick up my prescription from Lloyds. Having said that, couldn't wait to get back. Had some men painting our front door so that had to be left open and it were bloody freezing ! The upside was we saw some real people. Just taxed me car, done about 200 miles since February.

• Like 1

I’ve had a cold for a few days but it has developed into a hacking dry cough. No temperature and taste okay but I thought I ought to get a test as the cough is pretty bad. Went on line 8am and got a test 12.30. 60 mile round trip though, way up in Lincolnshire. If you go for one you need a phone as they show a signs with a phone numbers on at different stages and you have to ring them to speak to those outside the car. Strange to see about a one second delay when they speak. You don’t often ring someone your next to.  Signs everywhere NO FILMING. I didn’t have my dash cam up. Wish I had. Wonder why you can’t film? Car windows closed at all time except getting and handing back the test. Result 24 to 48 hours. I’m in the ‘quite vulnerable try not to get it group’ due to age and medication I have to take. Not worried at all. No point. My wife says I’m being mardy and just have a cold.
On another but related matter. The nhs track and trace app is not available to me as the iOS on my phone is not compatible and my phone is too old to update. Why assume people have the latest tech especially the older age group.

• Like 2

Our doctors decided they couldn't cope with giving flu jabs within the surgery and so combined with two other surgeries from an adjacent town , hired a large showground for a 3 day , drive-in jab-fest . You had to phone or book online for a slot . 

It was literally 35 minutes drive away with the entrance down a country lane , how old folks without transport were supposed to get there , no idea .

Anyway there must have been in all about  25 marshals guiding cars through the network of fields with strict instructions not to leave the car .  No one checked to see if we had the correct time slot . The ultimate destination was 6 drive through tents .

We drove in and there must have been half a dozen safety jacketed people in there ......

I thought crikey how big is the needle to require this many people ?

(As it happened it was just a little disposable phial)  .

A few minutes after we exited the site , the heavens opened , torrential rain , so bad we actually pulled off the road and waited for it to stop . Those marshals standing out around the showground's fields must have been absolutely drenched . They'll probably need medical assistance after that and todays weather was even worse .

That’s the problem with living out in the sticks David!  
We both went into our local pharmacy on 10th September to have our jabs.  We did the same last year too.  Our GP surgery hadn’t even got the vaccine at that stage.  Now the locals of Mapperley Park are struggling to get the flu jab and are willing to pay £25 to have one done privately in Sherwood somewhere.  
But then, how safe is it, how effective is it?  I don’t listen to my daughter-in-law who is into conspiracy theories and anything else to get worked up about.  Think David Icke has a direct line to her. 

• Like 2

I also had a painless, trouble-free flu jab.

Got a text asking if I would like one. So I said yes. Made an appointment and turned up for it at the normal GP surgery. The waiting room now has about 3 seats, but I was the only person there anyway. Went into a room and a nurse did the jab.

Last year when things were normal, I had the jab on a Saturday morning. Went to the surgery and there was a standing queue of about 20-25 people snaking around the room waiting to get a jab. It was a real production line, but a waiting time of only a few minutes. So it seems there may not be as many takers for it this year.

I had my flu jab at the local Boots Chemist. The pharmacist did it. Must say I didn’t feel it at all. Arm ached a bit for a couple of days and had a slight runny nose a couple of days after which I usually get so that is done and dusted. 

Have to get my results and recommendations ( for my hand) on Monday so got to get an appointment for Tuesday to see my dr. I want to ask home for a flu jab. A few years ago he advised me to get one around Oct/Nov but I forget and haven't bothered since. I'm lucky I don't get a cold easily and I've never had flu.  So I think it's about time I stopped feeling so confident. Hope all your tests come back negative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So the GOP (Great Orange Plonker) supposedly suffering from Covid 19 gets in his heavily armoured hermetically sealed tank and goes for a drive whilst in isolation to jolly up his supporters and puts his entire security detail at risk.

Whilst I would not wish anyone dead I sort of hoped that if he does have Covid 19 he would have a near death experience that would change him into a more humane person with some empathy for those in the US who are ill or unemployed.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

change him into a more humane person with some empathy for those in the US who are ill or unemployed.

It's not going to happen.

He is an incurable narcissist. He's already wittering on about how he now 'understands' Covid.  He understands nothing.  Everything he sees is referenced through his own wonderfulness.  He is borderline insane.

The only way the USA and the World can be rid of this lunatic is if the voters of the US vote him out in numbers which cannot be massaged or faked. Or, if he is dead.

Either will do.

• Like 3

So, the orange buffoon is back in the White House after allegedly having had corona virus diagnosed three days earlier and needing oxygen? He is now telling Americans not to let Covid 19 dominate them and that he is better and not to be afraid of it. Below in italics are his reported words. DJ360 is spot on its all about him. What about the 208,000+ US citizens that have died, many as a direct result of his incompetence, how many of them got the medical care and access to drugs that Trump had?

"Don't let it take over your lives," he said. "Don't let that happen. We're the greatest country in the world. We're going back to work. We're going to be out front.

"As your leader, I had to do that, I knew there was danger to it.

"I stood out front and led. Nobody that's a leader would not do what I did.

"I know there's a risk, there's a danger. But that's ok. And now I'm better.

"Maybe I'm immune? I don't know."

The vaccines were coming "momentarily", he added.

As my leader and leader of the free world I salute your courage, wisdom and foresight sir, you are indeed a great leader and saviour of the universe. 

Now can we please swap the bitch virus we have over here for your wonderfull five day over and done with variety?..

• Like 2

I’ve discovered something beneficial which has come from Covid.

When you go into pub now, you can’t stand at the bar and order drinks; you sit down and the staff bring the drinks to you. 

This has put a stop to those irritating idiots who used to stand permanently at the bar and get in the way of people who just wanted to get a drink. 

• Like 4

As a footnote to that CT, when we lived at Snape wood, we lived next door to a couple who we used to see walk by our window in their Sunday best, on the way to 'Top House' ,Hoewood road. They used to stand at the bar all night, like a pair of mannikins and never spoke to each other.