• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I haven't seen anything about the tangerine since last night s car jaunt. Just seen a headline about him taking off his mask but can't open the page, will try later.How can the hospital staff be so certain that he isn't infective. Cv doesn't come and go in 5 days and I'm certainly not informed or am a medic.I thought he would pull a trick like this. Has he got blinkers on or does he think he's the Chosen one ( his words) brought to protect us all. Hasn't someone told him there are other infections in the WH probably brought about by him and his stupid attitude. If he has learnt everything about the virus why is he still here. Forget about the election and go on a rampage to tell the public all about it and Donald don't forget your mask leave it at home , that way you'll get everyone's attention.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

I think he'll be having another short helicopter trip from the Whitehouse to the hospital in the not too distant future and he'll be staying in longer next time.

Shall we all take bets?

3 hours ago, jonab said:

The Orange One was showing definite breathing difficulties as he was speaking outside his palace last night.

Doubt he would have noticed

On 10/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, LizzieM said:

Got home from Dorset yesterday to find my Covid test waiting for me.  I did it as instructed and can’t say it was very pleasant ....... made me gag poking the swab on my tonsils.  The courier has collected it so now I’d better go and do a big shop in case they tell me I have to go into quarantine in a few days time!  

Got my Covid test result this morning, pretty quick weren’t they ....... PP said it took about 10 days for his result.

Anyway it was negative, so this further endorses my opinion that sending out these tests to random folk is a real waste of money. 
I’ve been into town today and all I’ve overheard people talking about is lost holidays and the possibility of a further lockdown.  So depressing.  

• Like 1

Donald Trumps message after returning to the White House "Coronavirus was no big deal, Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life" 

Wow what a legend, the definition of greatness, the ultimate of cool, I think he's brilliant, he deserves utmost respect.

3 hours ago, jonab said:

A GP's comments on the Orange One's behaviour on the balcony

3 hours ago, jonab said:

Yes I noticed that too

He's only trying to convince himself. But you must admit he's being irresponsible in leaving the hospital whilst he's still contagious. He only wants to show everyone how " brave " he is. It was obvious from when he went in that he would force the Drs to release him. He's only interested in winning the election.

• Like 1

There's a story in the news that he inherited a view from his grandfather that any kind of illness is a sign of personal weakness.

Indications are that he had the virus several days at the very least before he admitted the fact - quite possibly longer. This included attending the presidential debate and a garden party with crowds of people, lots of hugging, few face masks etc.

Normally you only need oxygen in the later stages of the virus, not in the first few days. His staff refuse to say when he last had a negative test. Very suspicious IMHO

• Like 1
4 hours ago, notty ash said:

There's a story in the news that he inherited a view from his grandfather that any kind of illness is a sign of personal weakness.

Unless you have bone spurs and they get you out of fighting for the country you claim to love.

If there is an obtuse, dishonest, misleading way of exploiting Covid.. you can be sure that the Tangerine Muppet will find it and use it.

Seems like we will be in local lockdown from Friday judging by the news. It was surely obvious by what had happened in Manchester and was it Glasgow in Scotland what would happen when the students arrived here. All kudos to the university for doing tests on, I believe all or a majority, of the students whether showing symptoms or not, were tested pity more of this isn’t done. There are outbreaks at 2 prisons as well swelling the numbers, that must be a nightmare scenario to control, wonder if visitors are checked in any way (temperature possibly) before being allowed in? 
I had a look at the map on Nottinghamlive to see how bad it is where I live, luckily it is the lightest colour, the darkest colours are more centred around Nottingham itself, Radford etc and West Bridgford. The latter used to have a student population way back in the mists of time when I was in my 20’s ( not quite as far back as the dinosaurs but nearly!) presume this will be the reason?
The new measures won’t make that much difference to me as I am doing them anyway. It is just a bit frustrating as it seems the original lockdown gains seem to have been frittered away (track & trace shambles being an example) but perhaps it was enevitable (spelling?) this would happen?
I do go once a week (either Saturday or Sunday) to a local eating place, we sit outside. This week they had put up gazebo like things around 3 tables so you were sheltered from the wind, so we sat in one of those. We asked if they were reserved first but they weren’t, the other 2 were empty but after we sat in 1 the other 2 got occupied. Noticed they had got patio heaters as well. Someone is thinking forwards. 
The only thing that is a bit annoying is seeing students on tv complaining they have to isolate for 14 days. For heavens sake it is just 14 days and at that age it isn’t anything, try losing nearly a year at my age then you can whinge. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

The only thing that is a bit annoying is seeing students on tv complaining they have to isolate for 14 days

I do feel for the young & the fit & well, they have little or no risk of dying of Coronavirus, they even have to have a test to see if they have this deadly virus :crazy: they should be allowed to get on with their lives as normal.

Can sympathize with U.K. for so many new cases every day, yes it's hard for any kind of quarantine or isolation. There are those who are so afraid to leave their homes with fear of contracting this virus. Like us we are learning to live with it and it's not pleasant.

This virus is going nowhere, even with a vaccine it will not disappear, flu hasn't so why should corona? Safeguard the vulnerable, get on with your lives, follow consistent & sensible rules, let people decide what they can & can not do, if you don't feel safe don't do it, if you do it, be sensible.  

• Like 1

Sounds good RR but can you define 'safeguard the vulnerable' whilst allowing everyone not vulnerable going about their daily business?

4 hours ago, radfordred said:

I do feel for the young & the fit & well, they have little or no risk of dying of Coronavirus, they even have to have a test to see if they have this deadly virus :crazy: they should be allowed to get on with their lives as normal.

Yes, they certainly do have the lowest risk of dying. Unfortunately, as a social group, they also have the greatest capacity to spread it to those who may be at the highest risk.

• Like 3

We are worried we may be heading for a further lockdown. Our new cases are rising too much. Today 3678. 31 deaths. There are 3 epicentres and it seems we are one of them. Hey ho if it happens...it happens .