• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I think it was totally predictable that an influx of 60,000 bodies from around the globe would have this effect, to expect anything less is naive in the extreme.

• Like 1

I think it was clear why the Unis wanted all the students back, they are now not seats of learning , they are businesses. Once the students have started they pay the course fees and accommodation. When they are sent home they will not get any cash back. Am I a cynic or what?

A better system would have been as Melissa stated let them study online at home , that way the Unis would still receive the course fees and next year, when hopefully the virus is under control, they could start at the Unis.  But with most Universities building their own accommodation they need the money.

• Like 8

Yesterdays news in Europe. A giornalist was in Liverpool, while she was talking they were showing scenes from various cities in UK and started talking about the closure of pubs at 10 pm. She waited until the pubs closed ready to interview customers what they thought. She didnt get a chance, a group of them went into the street and started dancing to someones music. Whats the sense in closing at that time, people arent ready to go home.

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

It's just over a week since contact with our friends that tested positive and we have no symptoms. Another pal who also had to isolate is OK too. So we may have got away with it :)

I'm pleased to hear that PP but you do have penchant for tempting fate don't you?    :rolleyes:

Obviously some students have been educated beyond their intelligence judging by some of their recent actions. These individuals are supposed to be the brains of the future, if they can't behave themselves inthe current situation kick them out .

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

This virus poses a risk to only a small minority of our population surely we can just protect the vulnerable without causing mass unemployment?

Ask those with jobs at risk and they'll say lift the restrictions and let nature take it's course. Ask those of a certain age and at risk and they'll say damn the young, they only stand to lose a job, not their life, and in time will get over it.

I agree with the idea RR but still can't see how we protect the vulnerable without making them prisoners. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well they'll have to go to the Magistrates Court for failure to pay but I'm sure the amounts will be reduced as they won't have sufficient personal funds. A prison sentence would be possible but I doubt it would get that far. Half the covid fines issued remain unpaid and the courts have an enormous backlog.

When I got up on Monday morning I didn’t feel well, snotty nose, headache and sore throat. Took my temperature and it was 37.3. Had a bit of a panic, but didn’t have a cough and could still taste and smell so decided to stop being silly and wait and see. I was tempted to keep taking my temperature but managed to refrain from doing so. 
Anyway took my temperature later that afternoon and it was 36.4 which is more normal. I bent down to pick up something I had dropped and got sharp pains around my eyes, just my sinuses playing up again which they do every so often, usually at the change of seasons for some reason. Got some sinutab from the chemist and feel a lot better.

Thinking about it is this going to be the problem, that whenever you are not good and have a high temperature (which comes with a lot of things as well as a cough) your mind immediately goes to covoid? 

Mum and I have today finished our 14 days of isolation we were told we had been near to someone with the virus. I was worried how we would cope with losing my aunt so recently. Mum embraced it as if we were under seige she sent me into our spare room told me what to bring out, so we have put photos in albums some very old, baked using old bero recipes and completed jigsaws. Now we can go out again I realise just how much I can still learn from her so if any of you have to isolate look upon it as a time to reconnect and like us learn a bit more about your family. 

• Like 4