• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I suppose it’s better to have separate hospitals to treat highly infectious patients and those who need intensive care because of Covid, so that the main hospitals can be kept clean and able to carry out a limited amount of other treatments and clinic appointments?

I think the Nightingales were a 'worst case' solution. If the NHS was  swamped and over run the Nightingales would there to accomdate bed cases but mostly as palliative care.

If you get better all well and good, if not...

Help - I am a bit (rather an understatement) confused by the dos and donts of tier 3. I have read a couple of lists of these and they seem to contradict each other (what a surprise). 
I think those in my bubble can’t come in my house or garden, although one of the guidelines reads that they can. (I know other households can’t.) Which is right?
We are okay I think to go to a cafe (we sit outside) is this correct? I presume the substantial meal is just for places that serve alcohol. 
Not impressed that the covoid app woke me up last nite just to tell me we had gone into tier 3, sure they could have done the notification at a more reasonable hour.

Screenshot-2020-10-30-12-43-47.png

Does this help at all SG? I've just lifted it from the internet and did a screenshot. I was particularly interested in social and overnight stays.

On the original download, if you clicked on each of the boxes it gave more information. Hope you can make sense of it. Barrie.

• Like 1

It’s all clearly explained on the Notts CC website. The only ambiguity I can see is that you can meet up for exercise sessions in an indoor venue, which is not your house, although they advise that you shouldn’t! For what I saw online of the partying by young people last night, before the regs came in, I think a lot of people aren’t going to take a blind bit of notice and it’s impossible to police.

• Like 1

It's now 13.20, and I've just watched the news showing party time in Nottingham prior to lockdown. What a right bunch of bloody Morons.

It doesn't show Nottingham in a good light !!!

I am DEFINITELY  not a Tory and especially not a fan of the present government but I think they are trying to do what is necessary to slow the spread of the virus.  Why is no-one in authority blaming people’s behaviour for these restrictions having to be introduced once again?  
If everyone had been sensible and followed the guidelines then there wouldn’t have been the need for these local lockdowns.

It’s not the government’s fault - it’s the stupid people who act like those idiots in Nottingham last night!

I know and understand that in some areas of the country, some families live together  by choice or necessity in somewhat overcrowded conditions but it isn’t them I’m complaining about - it’s the selfish people I saw on the news today.  
I hope these people won’t complain when the economy collapses and life gets really hard.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you Margie. Can't help feeling that a lot of them, and I don't mean just Nottingham, but welcome Covid as a good excuse for a good pissup!

I am a Tory. Right back to my Young Conservative days. I don't have much regard for the present bunch, especially the leader, but at the election it was a choice between the lesser of two evils. You can see what's happened to Corbyn now so the people were right to reject him. As has been said, these people are acting like complete morons but they do represent the attitude of a substantial number of the population.

We went to the cafe at Strelley Hall. We thought the substantial meal was just for places selling alcohol but it includes cafes. You can’t go in and just have a tea/coffee without a meal. Think this is a Nottingham thing only part of the + in the 3+ tier along with no sale of alcohol after 9pm. Talking to our server they only found out about it late last nite, par for the course It seems recently. 
Felt sorry for them, it wasn’t as busy as normal and we saw quite few come in but then leave without getting anything. They have put a lot of thought both inside and outside (awnings outside plus they have patio heaters ready for use) adhering to the covoid rules. It must be a bit soul destroying for them after they have done their best to follow the guidelines. 
On the case of students who are still having parties (especially in the halls of residence) personally I think they should be dismissed (if that is the right word) from the university, there is no excuse they have had enough warnings. Bit drastic I know but enough is enough and perhaps the seriousness of the situation might sink in then.

I have, almost, broken the rules. A friend in Carlton asked me to build a gaming PC for his grandson, it's to be a Christmas present. Fine no problem all done and tested ready for collection. My dearly beloved has just lowered the boom on that idea. I never gave it thought that he can't collect it and I can't deliver it, one of us has to break the rules.   :Fool:

When you find the solution Brew please let me know, I've got to move me milk churn. At least if you do deliver it you won't  be nipping in and out of the city as and when.

3 minutes ago, Beekay said:

When you find the solution Brew please let me know, I've got to move me milk churn. At least if you do deliver it you won't  be nipping in and out of the city as and when.

Not too sure BK but there are restrictions about moving in and out of the area. Had we both lived in Carlton we could meet outdoors. All I can think of at the moment is use a carrier to deliver it.

Can you not be the carrier and leave it outside the premises?  You don't have to meet.

(Ps, some people are moving in and out the area).

Just occurred to me, could you not meet on neutral ground,  halfway. Just make sure you don't accused of 'dogging.

Think you’re taking the rules to the extremes Brew.  You can deliver the PC and hand it over to your friend outside his door.   Calm down, go about your normal day-to-day business, just don’t go into somebody else’s house.   
That’s how I see it anyway.   

Brew, you can still congregate in a public area provided that you observe 'rule of six' and keep 2m apart if possible.  So... you and matey could park up somewhere (say on the street outside one of your houses), open the boot/hatch of you car to reveal the PC, stand back and allow your friend to take it away.

What you can't do is congregate in a house or private garden.

Travelling in and out of area is guidance (so not breaking the law per se).

I agree with Stavertongirl regarding students they way they are behaving all over the country. They cannot seriously think they are immune unless they think alcohol kills the virus, if they can't follow the rules where they are living send them home. See if they behave the same in the place where their families live.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have read the rules and yes i think we can meet outdoors if we bend the rules and ignore the fact we are advised not go into a tier 3 area. I can hardly turn a blind eye and still call those who congregate. Am I taking it to extremes? who judges? Is it bllks? maybe, but some of us try to do the right thing. Some of us have a sense of resposibility.

Do we not think there is an element of hypocrisy here? lambast the students but a quick sneak to see a friend is ok. Why not visit the grandchild while we're at it, we haven't seen him since March and well a hug don't count if we're quick ...

• Upvote 1

Brew, I haven't seen my son since March when he was on leave neither he or i would consider sneaking anywhere. The same applies to my granddaughter's so I am annoyed when I see students happily roaming the streets with complete disregard for everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not lambasting all students, most of who are doing the right thing, it is just the idiots as shown on Sky news that want sorting out and those who had a party in the halls of residence. I would like to do the things I did before the first lockdown but have the sense to know it isn’t advisable to do them and I didnt go to university. Just don’t have any patience with them especially the ones who are whinging about self isolating for 14 days. For goodness sake it is just 2 weeks which in the scheme of things isn’t that long. I have not had any real social life since last March just get over it:angry:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1